Marrone & Hackett ruined Spiller as a Bill.

Tipster19

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Spiller has a hole, Chandler has an okay block on the inside, but the man goes outside because Spiller is turning around, Woods comes in to block the DB and crunches him. It's an easy 5 yard gain AT LEAST, that Spiller turns into minus 2. That's awful. And it's not the coaches fault.

Do you agree or disagree that they are not putting Spiller out into space and that he should be so he can be more effective? There's no way that this guy should be running into the OL unless they are using zone blocking.

some day the bills will stop wasting first round picks on RB's

I'm not a fan of first round RB picks, either. However, the Bills have only done it 10 times in their history; including The Murderous One, Antowain Smith, Willis McGahee, Marshawn Lynch and Spiller. Those are not whiffs, IMO. I consider them all worthy of being picked in the first round.

Do you agree or disagree that they are not putting Spiller out into space and that he should be so he can be more effective? There's no way that this guy should be running into the OL unless they are using zone blocking.

Spiller was used in between the tackles in the Gailey era almost as much as he is now. Putting Spiller "in space" (which is such a funny concept, this guys is so good if no defenders are near him, I'd get 5 YPC if I was in space) is hard this season because our O-line sucks at screen blocking. Did you not see Urbik whiff over and over last game? What else is the coach supposed to do? Ask the opposing defense to pretend he's not on the field?

Space or not, if you can't be effective, or at least average in between the tackles, you're useless as a running back. That's it. Jamaal Charles does fine on inside runs. Spiller is a gadget player with a bad O-line that can't help him.

Spiller was used in between the tackles in the Gailey era almost as much as he is now. Putting Spiller "in space" (which is such a funny concept, this guys is so good if no defenders are near him, I'd get 5 YPC if I was in space) is hard this season because our O-line sucks at screen blocking. Did you not see Urbik whiff over and over last game? What else is the coach supposed to do? Ask the opposing defense to pretend he's not on the field?

In 2012 when Spiller got 1200+ yards, the Oline contained Wood, Uribick, Glenn, and Pears just as it does now. What changed? Did those forget how to block?

What? TJ Graham has speed too, I don't see him leading the lead in yards.

CJ Spiller is and always has been responsible for his own usage. His BCV is bad, he constantly misses the holes or picks the wrong one, and he tries to break a long one every play he gets, which is why he gets 0 or -2 yards all the time. He suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks at pass-pro, so he's a terrible third down back. Those are all on him, not the coaches.

Now, our O-line sucks at screen blocking, which is a chief reason why getting the ball "in space," doesn't work. Still, to be an NFL RB you need to be able to run between the tackles. Hell, even Chan had CJ run between the tackles ~70% of the time.

So, I reject your thesis, your "I'll never forgive this coaching staff for ruining a great player who has had 1 good year in his entire 5 year career with two separate staffs," rant. It's patently untrue, full of wishful thinking and "potential" that amount to nothing more substantial than faerie dust.

without me sounding like my usual @$$hole self when talking about Spiller...

This ---^

Edited by mrags

I suppose.

4 offensive lineman forgetting how to block and CJ forgetting how to run in 2 years time. What bad luck for Coach Marrone and Hackett Jr.

Don't forget Stevie, Moeaki, EJ, Orton, Freddie, Thad, Tuel and Mike Williams.

That should complete the list of players who got worse under Marrone.

But compare that to the Brad Lamb list of players who got better and you can clearly see that it all comes out in the wash and Canton better save some bronze for St. Doug and Dick Grayson.

Who you Sh#tin? CJ's gonna take the player option, we wont make that else where.

If you were him would you take the option and play in Marrone's offense for one more year to show off your talents or would you take a cheap one year option in any one of 31 other places to get to show off your talents in an NFL offense?

I think there is a chance he picks up his option if Marrone and/or Hackett is fired. That would make sense.

Don't forget Stevie, Moeaki, EJ, Orton, Freddie, Thad, Tuel and Mike Williams.

That should complete the list of players who got worse under Marrone.

But compare that to the Brad Lamb list of players who got better and you can clearly see that it all comes out in the wash and Canton better save some bronze for St. Doug and Dick Grayson.

That is a horrific list. I don't think a single one of those are accurate.

What? TJ Graham has speed too, I don't see him leading the lead in yards.

CJ Spiller is and always has been responsible for his own usage. His BCV is bad, he constantly misses the holes or picks the wrong one, and he tries to break a long one every play he gets, which is why he gets 0 or -2 yards all the time. He suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks at pass-pro, so he's a terrible third down back. Those are all on him, not the coaches.

Now, our O-line sucks at screen blocking, which is a chief reason why getting the ball "in space," doesn't work. Still, to be an NFL RB you need to be able to run between the tackles. Hell, even Chan had CJ run between the tackles ~70% of the time.

So, I reject your thesis, your "I'll never forgive this coaching staff for ruining a great player who has had 1 good year in his entire 5 year career with two separate staffs," rant. It's patently untrue, full of wishful thinking and "potential" that amount to nothing more substantial than faerie dust.

What, are you going back and re-editing your responses??!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, you got to be kidding me!!!

4 offensive lineman forgetting how to block and CJ forgetting how to run in 2 years time. What bad luck for Coach Marrone and Hackett Jr.

Forgetting how to block is an absurd way to denigrate my argument. I just think they are playing worse. Whether it's age, injuries, players around them, or even the coaching, who can say?

Forgetting how to block is an absurd way to denigrate my argument. I just think they are playing worse. Whether it's age, injuries, players around them, or even the coaching, who can say?

Don't worry you got the answers, just re-edit your arguments. Lol!

Without Buffalo Spiller may have gone thirty draft spots later. The Bills have been very very good to CJ.

Chargers were all over him. They traded up to take Matthews at #12, might have waited a little if both were available, but if Spiller fell out of the top 10 they would have been working hard to get to at least 12 to take him.

What, are you going back and re-editing your responses??!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, you got to be kidding me!!!

I edited and wrote that right after I posted the original line.

I wanted to add some substance to the post. Sue me.

Edited by FireChan

I edited and wrote that right after I posted the original line.

I wanted to add some substance to the post. Sue me.

Yeah 6 minutes later, plenty of time to try and make yourself sound intelligent. I see that you had to re-edit your last response! Lol! Here's a novel idea, why don't you try engaging brain before posting??

Yeah 6 minutes later, plenty of time to try and make yourself sound intelligent. I see that you had to re-edit your last response! Lol! Here's a novel idea, why don't you try engaging brain before posting??

It took me 2 minutes to write it and then I edited a typo. Again, sue me.

Don't get all lippy now. Spiller just isn't anything special.

Edited by FireChan