Marrone & Hackett ruined Spiller as a Bill.

Tipster19

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll take my chances that you'll go 0 for 4 on Spiller.

Blah. Keep defending our Daddy's boy OC and his big goofy buddy. They are on a Heroic march to 8-8!

Any rbs can get 1,200 yards on 6 ypc and 5 average 5 ypc for their Career.

The sooner we lose that production, the sooner Hackett's offense can really shine.

Next year you will be right about Brown huh?

Without Buffalo Spiller may have gone thirty draft spots later. The Bills have been very very good to CJ.

This is completely dumb.

Blah. Keep defending our Daddy's boy OC and his big goofy buddy. They are on a Heroic march to 8-8!

Any rbs can get 1,200 yards on 6 ypc and 5 average 5 ypc for their Career.

The sooner we lose that production, the sooner Hackett's offense can really shine.

Next year you will be right about Brown huh?

This is completely dumb.

What did I say about Brown?

Spiller hasn't had that production since 2012. It's been 3 years, it's over.

I honestly think he played himself out of a deal this season, so he'll probably remain a Bill on the cheap.

Edited by FireChan

The story of an RB having one good year and then never replicating it isn't uncommon.

But Spiller has had 3 good years. 2011, he only carried the ball 107 times. But he averaged 5.2 per carry. That's excellent.

But Spiller has had 3 good years. 2011, he only carried the ball 107 times. But he averaged 5.2 per carry. That's excellent.

Yup and his production has gone downhill since Marrone took over. Spiller is worse. Glenn is worse. Wood is worse.

All these good players suddenly got worse or our coaches are worse. I got with The coaches.

Spiller averages 6.9 ypc out of 3 wr sets. But why play to a plauer's strength. Nate Hackett has a plan!

Back-up/change of pace backs can have misleading averages. It comes from attacking an already tired defense who cannot compensate. An analogous example, Andre Ellington as a speedster/change of pace for Mendenhall last season averaged 5.5 on 118 carries. This year, he got way more carries and has dropped to 3.3.

If Hackett is gone next year and a real NFL OC is brought in then I'd favor re signing him. If Hackett is back, why bother?

Spiller got 1,244 yards averaging 6.0 per carry in 2012. What changed? Did he forget how to run?

I saw Cinci split their rb out wide and run a cross route with him for a td. Complete mismatch for a LB. We never do that.

If Hackett is gone next year and a real NFL OC is brought in then I'd favor re signing him. If Hackett is back, why bother?

Spiller got 1,244 yards averaging 6.0 per carry in 2012. What changed? Did he forget how to run?

Haven't gone back and compared how he hit holes in his good and bad years, but this year he has been brutal in missing holes. Never forget. https://vine.co/v/OqB9YQxv31M

Back-up/change of pace backs can have misleading averages. It comes from attacking an already tired defense who cannot compensate. An analogous example, Andre Ellington as a speedster/change of pace for Mendenhall last season averaged 5.5 on 118 carries. This year, he got way more carries and has dropped to 3.3.

Ellington had 600 yards the year before. Spiller has 1,200 yards the year before Marrone. Keep trying to defend bad coaching.

Hacketts offense requires square pegs...that ift his system. Spiller is a round peg....and doens't fit the power running that Marrone/Hackett want. Exit CJ...

Success in this world requires doing what it takes with the talent at hand. Marrone/Hackett can't get off script to use CJ's great talent. If I were CJ, I would be GONE!!! Unless there is a coaching change before he becomes a free agent. Then, he might stay.

Hacketts offense requires square pegs...that ift his system. Spiller is a round peg....and doens't fit the power running that Marrone/Hackett want. Exit CJ...

Success in this world requires doing what it takes with the talent at hand. Marrone/Hackett can't get off script to use CJ's great talent. If I were CJ, I would be GONE!!! Unless there is a coaching change before he becomes a free agent. Then, he might stay.

Great post. The crazy group of people defend Hackett say things like if he had Tom Brady, he'd be a great coach.

Good coaches elevate the talent they have. Hackett/ Marrone have gotten less out of their offensive talent.

Haven't gone back and compared how he hit holes in his good and bad years, but this year he has been brutal in missing holes. Never forget. https://vine.co/v/OqB9YQxv31M

Not sure what you're trying to show me here. I see what looks sort of like a hole with Pasie DBs coming in to close it. I also see Chandler doing a nice OLE block on his man.

Not sure what you're trying to show me here. I see what looks sort of like a hole with Pasie DBs coming in to close it. I also see Chandler doing a nice OLE block on his man.

What? Spiller has a hole, Chandler has an okay block on the inside, but the man goes outside because Spiller is turning around, Woods comes in to block the DB and crunches him. It's an easy 5 yard gain AT LEAST, that Spiller turns into minus 2. That's awful. And it's not the coaches fault.