Anyone else sick of Eric Wood?

GrizzlyAdams

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peters is a flawless football player. Just dominates his position.

Much like Marshawn. Ex bills > current bills. Roster issues. Cant win them all, pulled the right strings with Byrd at least.

I supported re-signing Byrd but the scoreboard is inarguable at this point.

He may bounce back and be a second string All Pro next year but his injury history is officially extensive.

Unfortunately things went south for Aaron Williams this year.

He was the worst regular player on the defense. Hands down.

And the reason is either early season concussions or a neck injury.

He absolutely fell off the face of the planet and got burned on passing plays and long runs.....plays he cleaned up with ease last season.

Hopefully he comes back strong but this was a lost season for him. He made some really costly mistakes in the losses in Denver and Oakland. REALLY costly.

A good Ross Tucker article from the not so distant past stated that RG is quite a challenging position to man. Considering the inadequacies at RG AND LG this season it seems Eric Wood has had to pay more than his fair share of attention to his adjacent mates. Mr. Wood can't split himself in half to help the guards and do a good job blocking his man at the same time.

Wood will be fine when decent guards are found.

Wood has been good but not this season. Latest rankings has him in the bottom third of starters (23rd out of 35 ranked). I like the guy but with the guard spots being so weak, he has had his hands full. 2 more talented linemen are needed to make the line better. New line coach is a must. The group regressed.

A good Ross Tucker article from the not so distant past stated that RG is quite a challenging position to man. Considering the inadequacies at RG AND LG this season it seems Eric Wood has had to pay more than his fair share of attention to his adjacent mates. Mr. Wood can't split himself in half to help the guards and do a good job blocking his man at the same time.

Wood will be fine when decent guards are found.

What do the guards on either side of him have to do with him getting his ass kicked one on one, time and time again. He gets ZERO push on short yardage plays.

Both guards suck, but this does not excuse Wood's ****ty play at center for most of the season.

What do the guards on either side of him have to do with him getting his ass kicked one on one, time and time again. He gets ZERO push on short yardage plays.

Both guards suck, but this does not excuse Wood's ****ty play at center for most of the season.

Perhaps I need to watch more snaps to counter your assessment. Merry Christmas my fellow fan.

Agent 91 where are you?

Lol late but sounding off. He is another home grown hero. But watch out. People will tell you how he was highly regarded by his peers. Thats probably because they get their best stats against him. The proof is on the field. He doesnt meet the standard. Cheap hit on Clay Mathews and he is tough? Im not buying it.

Agent 91 where are you?

Lol late but sounding off. He is another home grown hero. But watch out. People will tell you how he was highly regarded by his peers. Thats probably because they get their best stats against him. The proof is on the field. He doesnt meet the standard. Cheap hit on Clay Mathews and he is tough? Im not buying it.

Fred Jackson is most overrated. Wood is second. Kiko is to be determined.

I honestly dont think fred is overrated. People acknowledge him for his stats. What he has done... outside of that MVP paced season he really didnt get much talk for pro bowl. Fred is revered for coming from DIII and sustaining a career. He is revered for never giving up. I dont remember ever hearing anyone make him anything more than a local legend. And even to this day, at 33 years old. His production has not dropped off.

E Woods has looked bad. i thought it was the guard play for quite awhile. but he gets knocked off the ball and has had little to no push in short yards.

If i did not know otherwise, i might guess he has some major lower body injury. And yes i have been watching him at the snap

Not really, hard to be effective with crap guards on each side. He was durable all year and I dont remember one bad snap either. This team has bigger problems that wood on that side of the ball. I would love to see levitre back and pick up a few more guards. The ones we have now dont belong on an nfl roster.

Not really, hard to be effective with crap guards on each side. He was durable all year and I dont remember one bad snap either. This team has bigger problems that wood on that side of the ball. I would love to see levitre back and pick up a few more guards. The ones we have now dont belong on an nfl roster.

The problem with the "bad guards" excuse is that it doesn't explain why Wood loses mano-on-mano match-ups, which he does with some regularity.

If you mean QB.....yes, that is a bigger problem. But as Wood himself said this week......he has been a problem. He's been in decline for a couple seasons and this year he has just been awful since preseason......and he is paid like a very good center. I think he knows that if he were on a team that did a good job identifying OL talent his release would be imminent. He has stunk this year. Bad. Not many teams would tolerate that level of play but this team has nothing but stiffs starting on the entire interior OL and doesn't have the kind of athletic reserves a lot of the better teams have. They have Richardson and Kouandjio.....two developmental big guys who don't have the feet to cover up the holes in their game while they acclimate. They amount to no depth at all.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

Badol, wrt Richardson, I will always be a tad suspicious of HUGE blockers coming out of college. Mike Williams (chronic ankle injury and all) was drafted so early because he was able to beat the crap out of his college opponents. He was twice as strong as them but it doesn't work this way in the NFL. Richardson probably enjoyed some of this.

Kuondjio was simply a bad pick. I was shocked by that selection.He was hurt and not especially good.

Btw please tell me.....is Cam Robinson already the best LT in the NCAA? From where I sit the kid looks literally great.

Badol, wrt Richardson, I will always be a tad suspicious of HUGE blockers coming out of college. Mike Williams (chronic ankle injury and all) was drafted so early because he was able to beat the crap out of his college opponents. He was twice as strong as them but it doesn't work this way in the NFL. Richardson probably enjoyed some of this.

Kuondjio was simply a bad pick. I was shocked by that selection.He was hurt and not especially good.

Btw please tell me.....is Cam Robinson already the best LT in the NCAA? From where I sit the kid looks literally great.

As for Robinson, I don't know if he is the best but he is dominant.

The Kuondjio pick was surprising because he was sliding in the eyes of most. It's another case of drafting for need biting a team.

At this point I'd just like to see them get some athletic blockers in who can engage quickly.