15 years and counting

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Bills fans! We did it! Managed to get to the big 1, 5. That's right 15 years in a row without a playoff birth.

The funny part is that a playoff birth would probably land the entire team on IR due to labor pains and we'd have to forfeit anyway.

For those of you keeping track at home, the statistical probability of missing the NFL playoffs fifteen years in a row is 0.087%. If my math is right, that's about a 8 to 9 chance out of 10,000. Of course, that's "coin flip" probability. It doesn't take into account management, coaching, having a franchise QB, injuries, dumb luck or thousand other variables. It does, however, point to how staggering it is to miss the playoffs 15 years in a row!

Congratulations Bills fans! We did it! Managed to get to the big 1, 5. That's right 15 years in a row without a playoff birth.

And what do we have to show for it? Absolutely nothing! No 1st round pick. No QB. No offensive line, no qualified offensive coordinator. All in an offensive era in an offensive league.

If we don't find a QB soon, this streak could easily hit 20. So disgusting. I want to be positive about the future of this team but in the end it is 15 straight years.

In the end that is the way I see it. Another season, another failure. I really don't care to hear about any of the positives because ultimately this season was a failure and no matter how good our defense is, without a QB, it is very likely next year will be 16. Then our defense gets a little older and we start the charge for 20 years.

Brandon, Whaley, Marrone to this point are all failures.

Insightful and helpful. :doh: Edited by Casey D

When will it end?!

Last week, the Bills beat a team they weren't expected to beat. This week, they lose to a team they were expected to beat. It sucks to see such a good defense go to waste this season.

It will never end unless Pagula cleans house completely and he won't do that

All we need is a QB. Hackett, Marrone, Whaley, everyone would be doing fine with a good QB.

You guys are going to have to listen to me rally EVERY SINGLE DAY for them to pay whatever they have to to steal Phillip Rivers away from the Chargers when he becomes an FA in 2016. It's the only solution.

Are you from Oneonta perhaps?

I forgot that I was supposed be happy about clinching a 15 straight year without the playoffs by losing to a 2-12 team.

Just remember what mom always said "if you're serious, up and down the road, because across the street is just a cry for help and no one likes a whiny b@#$%!"

No one said you were supposed to be happy. But FFS if you're that miserable, self-cut and bleed out man. Either that or change the tampon.

I love how people determine a psychological profile about you and determine your level of happiness in the real world based off a post where you are venting about your favorite sports team missing the playoffs for 15 straight years.

I am a very happy person with a pretty good life but ne and every other Bills fan has the right to vent about this and it doesn't mean we are unhappy people or on suicide watch. That is just you trying to portray someone you disagree with as unstable rather than having an opinion of your own. What you are trying is some passive - aggressive kitty ****.

This is a Bills message board and while the Bills being the Bills will not ruin my day, I think coming to a Bills board to vent about the team extending NFL's current longest playoff drought is completely reasonable. Your passive - aggressive attempt to make me seem like someone who is not in control of their emotions is weak and says a lot about you.

I love how people determine a psychological profile about you and determine your level of happiness in the real world based off a post where you are venting about your favorite sports team missing the playoffs for 15 straight years.

I am a very happy person with a pretty good life but ne and every other Bills fan has the right to vent about this and it doesn't mean we are unhappy people or on suicide watch. That is just you trying to portray someone you disagree with as unstable rather than having an opinion of your own. What you are trying is some passive - aggressive kitty ****.

This is a Bills message board and while the Bills being the Bills will not ruin my day, I think coming to a Bills board to vent about the team extending NFL's current longest playoff drought is completely reasonable. Your passive - aggressive attempt to make me seem like someone who is not in control of their emotions is weak and says a lot about you.

Thank you, Dr. Freud. All we have here is your words to determine who you are. And by your words, you appear to be a toddler...ranting over missing his binky. Good day to you sir, let the catharsis continue unchecked!

Just remember what mom always said "if you're serious, up and down the road, because across the street is just a cry for help and no one likes a whiny b@#$%!"

Not sure that makes sense but who is the whiney B word, the person who states their opinion, or the person who feels the need to call that person a whiney B word because he doesn't agree with the stated opinion.

This amazing milestone of sustained futility requires a LOGO of some kind - like the Bills' 50-year anniversary logo.

With the talent out there among the TBD faithful I'm sure that we could get some nice candidates.

How about a commemorative patch on the uniform. *15

Thank you, Dr. Freud. All we have here is your words to determine who you are. And by your words, you appear to be a toddler...ranting over missing his binky. Good day to you sir, let the catharsis continue unchecked!

Very well thought out reply. So I guess that is it. If you are at all annoyed about the Bills missing the playoffs for 15 straight years you are a baby who needs a bottle.

Not sure that makes sense but who is the whiney B word, the person who states their opinion, or the person who feels the need to call that person a whiney B word because he doesn't agree with the stated opinion.

There was no opinion. Just whining.

If we don't find a QB soon, this streak could easily hit 20. So disgusting. I want to be positive about the future of this team but in the end it is 15 straight years.

In the end that is the way I see it. Another season, another failure. I really don't care to hear about any of the positives because