The Big Cat

202 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we extend/sign?

• Dareus
    • Hughes
    • Spikes
    • Spiller
    • A veteran QB
    • A premier OL (like that G from SF, Ilutapi, or whatever)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dareus, Hughes, veteran QB (assuming it's Sam Bradford after he's released)

I say this because you can still afford tier-2 players like:

O'Brien Schofield to add a critical 3rd pass rusher to the mix

Jermaine Gresham or Lance Kendricks at TE

Clint Boling or Jah Reid at OG

Plus re-sign Hairston to be the swing OT and Da'Norris Searcy and Jarius Wynn to modest contracts to keep the D intact.

Edited by thebandit27

Good topic and poll.

If I had to say, it would be Hughes. Spikes. OG. With the caveat that Dareus is signed through 2015.

Too difficult to me to determine though because of the veteran QB one, not knowing who that may be. I don't want just anyone. I don't expect it to be a very good starter. But if he's not very good, I would want different guys.

I think it's very possible, however, to get more than three. They can put off Dareus for a year. He will want to stay and they can pay him next year. Spiller, if they want him, will be cheap on an incentive laden deal. He may even chose his player option if he still can. Spikes I would love to re-sign. I have no idea what he would get on the open market though. It may not be a ton.

went with spiller over spikes. look at his stats!!! Spikes hasn't done that much

http://espn.go.com/n.../brandon-spikes

LB Brandon Spikes (Bills) -- Played 8 of 71 defensive snaps in a home win over the Packers (1 assisted tackle), in addition to five on special teams. He has played 438 of 948 defensive snaps this season (46.2 percent).

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4774443/catching-up-with-former-patriots-afc-style-6?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Good topic and poll.

If I had to say, it would be Hughes. Spikes. OG. With the caveat that Dareus is signed through 2015.

Too difficult to me to determine though because of the veteran QB one, not knowing who that may be. I don't want just anyone. I don't expect it to be a very good starter. But if he's not very good, I would want different guys.

I think it's very possible, however, to get more than three. They can put off Dareus for a year. He will want to stay and they can pay him next year. Spiller, if they want him, will be cheap on an incentive laden deal. He may even chose his player option if he still can. Spikes I would love to re-sign. I have no idea what he would get on the open market though. It may not be a ton.

Pretty much exactly how I feel.

It's hard to imagine we have the financial resources for four or more of the guys mentioned in the poll, so what do you prioritize?

Good Topic but I'd thrown in add a veteran TE as to me that the second most important thing this offseason outside of re-signing Hughes.

went with spiller over spikes. look at his stats!!! Spikes hasn't done that much

http://espn.go.com/n.../brandon-spikes

LB Brandon Spikes (Bills) -- Played 8 of 71 defensive snaps in a home win over the Packers (1 assisted tackle), in addition to five on special teams. He has played 438 of 948 defensive snaps this season (46.2 percent).

http://espn.go.com/b...=espnapi_public

We were playing Nickel defense most of the game against Green Bay. Spikes hasn't been as impactful on the field as much I thought he would but it's hard to deny our stats on D with him here. I doubt it break the bank to re-sign him and honestly I want him here for as a security blanket as to me sure Kiko should be better but to me have I'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to keeping this D in tact.

Marcel has a year left so he's not an immediate priority. Whatever money spent on re-signing him would not kick in until 2016 anyway.

So, Hughes is #1 priority. I don't think there's going to be a great QB option available, so I would probably rather fix the OL and bring in another QB to add competition.

Marcel Dareus - DE

Mike Iupati - OG

Julius Thomas - TE

Go for a QB in 2016 when we have a 1st round pick as ammo.

Dareus is under contract in 2015 so to me he isn't top of the list, Hughes is. Also I worry about Thomas benefitting from Peyton (see Eric Decker) and rather pursue Jordan Cameron at TE this offseason.

Dareus and Hughes top priority. Although dareus isn't a free agent, still need to extend him. QB or OG next in line. My answer would depend on who the veteran QB would be. Da'Norris searcy deserves to be on this list. He'll probably make more than spiller and spikes, while having more of an impact this year as well, IMO. Do we let him loose because we have duke and Rambo had 2 picks vs Rodgers? Tough choice. I think searcy will get 5+ mill a year.

Dareus and Hughes top priority. Although dareus isn't a free agent, still need to extend him. QB or OG next in line. My answer would depend on who the veteran QB would be. Da'Norris searcy deserves to be on this list. He'll probably make more than spiller and spikes, while having more of an impact this year as well, IMO. Do we let him loose because we have duke and Rambo had 2 picks vs Rodgers? Tough choice. I think searcy will get 5+ mill a year.

Searcy is an important piece as is most of them, I don't see him heavily pursued so he should be easy to bring back.

Edited by The Jokeman

I think Searcy is more in line for Bernard Pollard type money ($3M/year).

$5M/year is TJ Ward/Malcolm Jenkins money; I heavily doubt he'll get that.

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/average/safety/limit-50/