The Big Cat

202 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we extend/sign?

• Dareus
    • Hughes
    • Spikes
    • Spiller
    • A veteran QB
    • A premier OL (like that G from SF, Ilutapi, or whatever)

i agree that spikes brings something other than actual on the field play with his salary which is very beneficial, but i don't think that is worth a huge premium. so i would sign him if it can be done reasonably. however, if we don't resign him, then i think getting a veteran, multi-position, multi-down LB is important in case Brown, Kiko, or Bradham go down. i haven't seen much from Powell or the rookie Johnson to make me confident if one of the 3 starters goes down. and i think rivers may be a salary cut next year.

Agreed.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need two guards and a TE in free agency. Pears and Urbik are bad to horrible on a weekly basis. I would get rid of Orton and bring in a veteran in free agency, and draft someone w potential both to compete w EJ. If EJ continues to suck we should just cut him. On Defense Dareus will be a Bill for life. Searcy is becoming a top notch player. He will be resigned giving us a very nice group at safety w Duke Aaron and Rambo, who can play. He was a stud at Georgia. Great find by Whaley. Hughes would be nice to keep. But he is suspect against the run, and we still have Wynn and Lawson. We could probably also find someone cheaper in free agency, or in the draft. Spiller is a nice luxury who does not have a lot of mileage. But I would not break the bank on any RB. We get the O line upgraded and Bryce Brown will do just fine. I would keep Spikes at a reasonable price as well. He is a winner, and plays w anger and great spirit.

In summary, the O has been awful most of the year. We need upgrades at QB O line and TE. From there we try and keep as much of the D together as financially possible. I would sacrifice Jerry Hughes and Spiller for the offensive pieces we so desperately need.

Urbik is not horrible. He is average to slightly above. If he is our back up at both G spots and C we are in good shape.

Edited by Manther