3 Bills Get PFF Pro Bowl Recognition

26CornerBlitz

3 Bills get PFF Pro Bowl recognition

They weren’t named to their starting Pro Bowl positions, but Pro Football Focus named three Bills players as reserves on their Pro Bowl roster.

Nigel Bradham, Corey Graham and Marcell Dareus all earned reserve Pro Bowl spots on the PFF all-star roster. Here was their assessment of the Bills’ trio at their respective positions.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'm surprised by Corey Graham being included. Preston Brown is having a heck of a rookie season and Mario is making some huge plays when we really need them.

I don't get the love for Joe Thomas. Hughes took him to school when we played them and yet he is an automatic every year for the Pro Bowl.

Edited by Catch it Sammy

We've been here before .... Mario not showing up as the best Defensive player on the Bills means there's a long way to go yet before PFF's analysis can be taken with anything but a grain of salt.

They simply don't have a way to remotely determine how a player that is not directly involved with a tackle or pick or sack can greatly affect the outcome of a play.

Mario has both numbers AND play that cannot be quantified that way and still doesnt show up here for PFF? Massively flawed.

I'm surprised by Corey Graham being included. Preston Brown is having a heck of a rookie season and Mario is making some huge plays when we really need them.

I don't get the love for Joe Thomas. Hughes took him to school when we played them and yet he is an automatic every year for the Pro Bowl.

has had a phenomenal year otherwise and was a big part of how the browns had been winning with almost nothing else on offense other than solid OL. thats what made the hughes by so impressive.

Hmm...I guess I don't get to see all the teams on a regular enough basis, but surprised that Mario wouldn't make it. He is probably having the best year of his career...

I wonder why they don't wait until the end of the season for this. Agree re: Mario though.

It looks like they're saying the NFL changed the Pro Bowl ballot to "pass rusher" rather than 4-3/3-4 DE/OLB that they've done in the past.

The "Edge" Starters are Wake (26.1), Watt (84.3), Von Miller (48) and Houston (44.2).

Mario's 19.2 grade is tied for third with Bennett (19.2), below Wake (26.1), JPP (20.3) for 4-3 DEs and looks to be about 15th overall in all these "edge" categories.

Either way, I love Mario and think he's worth every penny.

This is a terrible list. How can Dareus be 2nd team DT or Mario not even mentioned as a DE?

Kyle is 6th under DT behind Donald, McCoy, Suh, Marcel, and Hankins.

Edited by TheLynchTrain

Every article from PFF makes me respect them less. Mario Williams not being on this list is absurd. Wake has had an up and down and pedestrian season. So tired of Watt. Houston is worthy. Von Miller should not be on this list.

I also want to know why Carpenter isn't mentioned.

Aaron Williams flies under the radar and that's because who's in front of him. I'm cool with that because this will only add fuel to his fire.

IDK about you guys but Stephon Gilmoure has really started to make a case for pro bowl consideration with his play the last few weeks.

Hes quietly turning into that shutdown guy we drafted him to be.

Gilmore's early struggles hut him out of the gate and kept him playing catch up.

Gilmore also benefits from an above average DB unit. The same is true for the Seahawks DB's. They benefit from each other but none of them would be extraordinary anywhere else with average talent.

It's so nice that we as fans now have the All 22 as a reference but it still goes to show you can have all the film you want but it still takes a special skill and training to be able to properly evaluate what you see on film. PFF is a nice alternate look at things (kinda like Qb rating and QBR), but should not be mistaken for being factually complete.

They decided that Graham is the only Bills cornerback with a clue; so why not?