Derek Carr

YoloinOhio

I think he looks great as well. I wish he was a Bill.

That being said, the Bills D is going to mess him up.

It's so funny how things work. He has a lower QBR than EJ has as a rookie. EJ's rookie year QBR is higher than every rookie qb besides Bridgewater, who is 3 points higher (it's also higher than Orton this year).

Carr has had some moments. Hopefully the Raiders (a very dumb team) let him grow into the role and not replace him for some scrub journeyman next year when he has struggles, like all young qbs.

was really hoping we could draft him

Along with Bortles and Johnny Football, who both look worse than EJ did as a rookie.

Personally I think Bridgewater looks better. Would rather have him. He was the clear #1 QB until he had a bad pro day, as I recall.

Bridgewater is the best QB from this class but his arm is very concerning. He throws pop flys.

But for all the talk about how bad 2013 QB class was, this one might be worse.

I think Carr's draft stock actually slipped because his brother was such a disappointing high pick. He's looked good in the limited action I've seen of him. If the Raiders get the top pick next year, that could be interesting. Carr's played well enough with poor talent around him. Do the Raiders pick a QB at/near the top of the draft? Do they trade the pick away to stockpile for other needs and stick with Carr?

At this point, I'm just hoping Sunday is a lonnnnng day for the rook.

I do think that both his brother and his college (Fresno State - i.e., Trent Dilfer and his brother) hurt him. Unfairly so.

I agree. I think that his brother's lack of success in the NFL hurt Carr's draft stock. Not only are they brothers, but they both played at the same college (Fresno State) and for 3 of Derek's 5 years at Fresno State, played in the same system for the same coach as his brother. A poster above also astutely points out that the other previous highly drafted QB from Fresno State, Trent Dilfer, while doing well at ESPN and the holder of a Super Bowl ring, did not perform at the level of his high draft status. In watching the pre-draft coverage, I thought that Carr was the best of this year's rookie class and was hoping there was a way he might end up a Bill. If the Raiders can turn things around, I think he'll be a good one. They have a "franchise" player on both sides of the ball - Mack on defense and Carr on offense. Despite their bright future, I believe that the Bills' D will be too much for a rookie QB and the Bills will win the game on Sunday. I was in Denver and saw the impressive performance of the defense there, and watched every snap of the Green Bay game on TV and saw how they stifled Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers talked about having a bad game and his timing being off, but a big reason for this was his desire to get rid of the ball early to avoid the Buffalo pass rush. The crowd noise also didn't help, although I think the fear of the pass rush was the bigger factor.

I agree. I think that his brother's lack of success in the NFL hurt Carr's draft stock. Not only are they brothers, but they both played at the same college (Fresno State) and for 3 of Derek's 5 years at Fresno State, played in the same system for the same coach as his brother. A poster above also astutely points out that the other previous highly drafted QB from Fresno State, Trent Dilfer, while doing well at ESPN and the holder of a Super Bowl ring, did not perform at the level of his high draft status. In watching the pre-draft coverage, I thought that Carr was the best of this year's rookie class and was hoping there was a way he might end up a Bill. If the Raiders can turn things around, I think he'll be a good one. They have a "franchise" player on both sides of the ball - Mack on defense and Carr on offense. Despite their bright future, I believe that the Bills' D will be too much for a rookie QB and the Bills will win the game on Sunday. I was in Denver and saw the impressive performance of the defense there, and watched every snap of the Green Bay game on TV and saw how they stifled Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers talked about having a bad game and his timing being off, but a big reason for this was his desire to get rid of the ball early to avoid the Buffalo pass rush. The crowd noise also didn't help, although I think the fear of the pass rush was the bigger factor.

I think the defense played a big role but the crown of the field at RWS is a difficult adjustment something only found in Buffalo, I believe it contributed to the struggles of Arron Rodgers this past Sunday IMHO.

If they haven't already, his family might want to start making funeral arrangements before this Sunday's game.

i read that he has played through some injuries this year - ankle and sprained mcl - and further aggravated the ankle Sunday in KC. He left and came back and finished the game but the ankle seemed to cause issues with his throws. He was struggling with kc's pass rush. The week before SF was not able to put any pressure on him and he had a great game. There were some Raider fans/media positing on Twitter that the a raiders should shut him down the rest if the year because of the injuries and think long term. I'm not at all close to the situation but I could see that being a good call considering the physicality of the Bills D. Plus they went out and got Matt Schaub in FA, might as well use him. Then again if the injury isn't too bad and just a pain tolerance thing, they may feel the game experience outweighs the other.

I think most fans are taking this game for granted. Considering that the Bills offense is really bad, and it's a west coast road game, it wouldn't surprise me much if the Raiders won.

Correct. Surprised to see fans here talking about this game like its a gimme. This is our first 8 win season since 2004.

I said it before I will say it again....the Raider game scares the crap out of me

- Coming off a HUGE win

- Playing on the road

- Against a extremely desperate team with nothing to lose

i don't look at this game as an easy one at all. But I also don't see the Raiders as extremely desperate. They don't play that way. IMO. The Bills come off as much more desperate. Edited by YoloinOhio

I said it before I will say it again....the Raider game scares the crap out of me

- Coming off a HUGE win

- Playing on the road

- Against a extremely desperate team with nothing to lose

Guys this is like the ugly girl that wants you badly. Easy Easy Easy.

We just beat the hottest team in the nfl in Green Bay.

Check it. In very very big letters

If we cannot beat the loser Raiders, then we dont belong in the playoffs

STOP BEING SCARED OF AN EASY WIN.

i don't look at this game as an easy one at all. But I also don't see the Raiders as extremely desperate. They don't play that way. IMO. The Bills come off as much more desperate.

I do.

It's so funny how things work. He has a lower QBR than EJ has as a rookie. EJ's rookie year QBR is higher than every rookie qb besides Bridgewater, who is 3 points higher (it's also higher than Orton this year).

Carr has had some moments. Hopefully the Raiders (a very dumb team) let him grow into the role and not replace him for some scrub journeyman next year when he has struggles, like all young qbs.

Along with Bortles and Johnny Football, who both look worse than EJ did as a rookie.

Bortles looks way better than ej and again ej's accuracy issues can't be fixed

You're so biased that you are not even rational anymore. It's sad that you hate EJ so much. He take your girl or something?

Also, can we still get Skleton for Mario or should we throw in something else?

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Bortles 10 TDs and 17 INTs in 15 games

EJ 16 TDs and 12 INTs (plus 3 rushing TDs) in 15 games.

Tell me again how Bortles looks way better?

Its funny how nearly every QB in the league is better than anyone we have to some people.

Sorry, I was the one being snarky and wanted to let you know. Seriously, I didn't read any anonymous postings or fan forums about Derek Carr. I did see numerous commentators on TV (ESPN, NFLN) discuss how teams might be shying away from him because of David. ESPN did an entire piece on how David's failures might affect Derek's draft status.

http://espn.go.com/e...d-busted-career

It includes a story about a coach asking Derek about why David failed. Why bring up his brother's failure when there are so many other failed QBs to choose from to ask him about? Sure, he might have insight that others don't because he's close with his brother but the coaches are likely asking because, being human, they are risk averse and failing with another Carr is more likely to get you fired than failing with someone without that dubious pedigree.

Ah, I got it. I was a little slow on the uptake there. And you actually took the time to ADD the snark meter to boot! I have NO grasp of the obvious at times.

GO BILLS!!!

Bortles 10 TDs and 17 INTs in 15 games

EJ 16 TDs and 12 INTs (plus 3 rushing TDs) in 15 games.

Tell me again how Bortles looks way better?

Its funny how nearly every QB in the league is better than anyone we have to some people.

This is the guy who wanted to get rid of Mario for John Skelton. Some people can't just admit when they're wrong.

That said, they are both really young. Hopefully, Jacksonville lets him keep playing and developing and not bench him for an Orton like QB.