Surprised by Packers fan behavior

MarkAF43

I'll give it up for Denver fans. Pretty nice but loud bunch of fans that looked to be made up mostly of 30-40-50 somethings,,,in many cases with kids in tow. I didn't see really any obnoxious, drunk 18-24 year olds like you see at RWS....except some Bills fans that made the visit (which made me cringe).

Baltimore can be a fairly hearty bunch...much more blue collar than Denver but not nearly to the extent of RWS. Baltimore tickets are always a HOT item and are expensive on the secondary market. You might take some verbal abuse in Baltimore (as an opposing fan) but i rarely if ever see any fighting in the stands there or parking lots.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to see bad stands....come watch the raiders game this next week.

Now THAT is some scary stuff.

I personally am not going.....there is a 95 percent chance I would would be throwin blows

I have been to an OAK game in OAK (2005)... It isn't as bad as people say. It is all how you carry yourself. Of all places, INDY had some obnoxious fans. There was one chick from Muncie, IN talking trash. Muncie? Enough said!

If you ever want to go for the alpha manly man a-hole way do not address then woman and tell the man to keep his woman in line and h should know better then to let her out of the house if that's how she will behave.

Women hate it and most men are beta so they don't know what to do and then the women hate their man for not standing up for them.

What? Have you been staying in @ The Holiday Inn Express School of Psychology lately? You've been coming up w/some brilliant posts!

:D

So let me start this off by saying I know my sample is a small cross section of Packers fans, but yesterday at the Ralph I endured some of the rudest most obnoxious fans I've ever had sitting in my section (and that includes games against the *pats). The one woman behind me kept screaming and screeching like she was being assaulted and was swearing like a drunken sailor. Then the guy next to her made comments about my wife being wrapped in a blanket and that " people like her need a drink thrown on her". My wife is a huge Bills fan but she was cold and wrapped up, and then to top it off when Duke Williams got hurt, the two idiots start cheering and clapping, and making comments like oh get him a pacifier, what a baby, what a weak @ss p@#$! and oh he just doesn't want to face Rodgers anymore. I guess I always thought being a smaller market team similiar to the Bills that the fans would have a little more class and respect, but these people I encountered were out of control.

I get it, it's football so we can save those comments, and we can hold our own with swearing and yelling, but yesterday was just ridiculously bad.

Buffalo and Green Bay have much in common...snow, cold, alcohol, an uneducated populace, and economic woes....not surprised but in both towns it's the minority that stands out as idiots and there are idiots everywhere the NFL or any major sport team plays..

cmon, i cant believe how many people are asking if this is true...or you all just all being sarcastic and are in on the joke?

this was told to me by 3 people now. A supervisor that works in the suites, a friends that works in the suites in question and a security guard. All three have told me the same thing. The supervisor and friend know each other. So they could have been messing with me but the security guard doesn't know the other two and works in a completely different area and had the same story. I didn't see it with my own eyes so I can't say 100% it is true. But I'm not trying to mess with you guys. Just passing along what I was told.

does anyone know anyone that works in the suites(or Delaware north) or security? I would like to know if anyone elsw heard this.

Edited by kr632

this was told to me by 3 people now. A supervisor that works in the suites, a friends that works in the suites in question and a security guard. All three have told me the same thing. The supervisor and friend know each other. So they could have been messing with me but the security guard doesn't know the other two and works in a completely different area and had the same story. I didn't see it with my own eyes so I can't say 100% it is true. But I'm not trying to mess with you guys. Just passing along what I was told.

does anyone know anyone that works in the suites(or Delaware north) or security? I would like to know if anyone elsw heard this.

Not a shot at you, but I really doubt that if Mrs.Marrone dropped trou and mooned some people that some news outlet somewhere would've picked up on it by now.

Not a shot at you, but I really doubt that if Mrs.Marrone dropped trou and mooned some people that some news outlet somewhere would've picked up on it by now.

no offense taken. I understand how crazy this sounds. But I will say that the suites have some thing similar to a what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas kind of thing(until a friend tells a friend and posts it on the net). There are a lot of things that happen in there that don't get reported. Think drunk rich guys that think they can do what they want to who ever they want. also the calling of actual LEOs is very frowned upon. Edited by kr632

Are they the only fans you've seen in person? At least, the ones you've seen in abundance? I've only been to a handful of other venues when the Bills were not playing, Carolina/New York Jets. Detroit/Cinci are a few I can think of. Those fans were all very boring.

Yes. Only ones in abundance. But I did attend a NYG/DEN game in the Meadowlands. Giants fans were rowdy, but fun. And I was wearing a Broncos jersey as a favor to my friend.

Section 129 checking in here.

Had a bunch of Packers fans around us, and had a great time with them. They were incredibly friendly and knowledgeable, and took their beating with grace and dignity. No issues around us at all. Didnt even see security in the stands at any point during the game.

Had a bunch of Packers fans around us, and had a great time with them. They were incredibly friendly and knowledgeable, and took their beating with grace and dignity. No issues around us at all. Didnt even see security in the stands at any point during the game.

Only visiting fan i like is one who is buying me beer :thumbsup:

JK...i go the Pats* game every year with douchebag Pats* fans that somehow are my friends...we have a great time.

Would hate to post the whole of a fanbase as knuckleheads cause of a few drunks...looked like a great time at the stadium on Sunday

Only visiting fan i like is one who is buying me beer :thumbsup:

JK...i go the Pats* game every year with douchebag Pats* fans that somehow are my friends...we have a great time.

Would hate to post the whole of a fanbase as knuckleheads cause of a few drunks...looked like a great time at the stadium on Sunday

Funny enough, the real bonding moment with Packers fans (and most opposing fans that visit our stadium) is when we share our hatred for the Patriots. I'm yet to meet a fan of another team that likes the Patriots as well. It seems everyone hates them and it is a great "common enemy" to discuss. :thumbsup:

As it should be. It's a game after all.

I have spoke with some Panthers fans & others and have heard in the past that they cannot stand Steeler fans and Bills fans. I guess the reasoning is that there are some times more Bills and Steelers fans at Panther games then Panther fans. Both teams are historically 5-1 against the Panthers, as well.

I can verify that Panthers fans are often very young and mouthy. I just attribute that to their younger fan base because their team is only about 20 years old.

That's my section as well and I agree completely. The Pack fans around us were fun.

I have spoke with some Panthers fans & others and have heard in the past that they cannot stand Steeler fans and Bills fans. I guess the reasoning is that there are some times more Bills and Steelers fans at Panther games then Panther fans. Both teams are historically 5-1 against the Panthers, as well.

I can verify that Panthers fans are often very young and mouthy. I just attribute that to their younger fan base because their team is only about 20 years old.

Bills and Steelers fans are similar... They both travel VERY well and can be VERY obnoxious. Just imagine how obnoxious we would be if we won a SB. We are humbled by the 4 SB loses though.