Who's going to be our next DC?

BmarvB

Jim Schwartz is going to be high on the list of HC candidates once the firings begin. Who would you like to see take over? No doubt Rex Ryan will be high on a lot of teams list for a DC spot, but we really need stability there with this defense.

Why not? Money is better for HCs, and there's the whole ego thing.

I think folks can see by now he's a stud DC and a crap HC.... Big difference in the 2 jobs.

Plus he's having an absolute blast here from what it looks like.

Plus I think Pegula would be willing to up the ante if necessary.

Schwartz isn't going anywhere. He just freshly tried and failed with arguably better talent. Plus, Pettine was/is more qualified and he only got a sniff from 1 team and he was their 3rd (or 4th) choice.

That, and this D is stacked with talent, making his job a lot easier. Let's remember that Schwartz was not the same DC on teams with lesser talent.

Edited by Saint Doug

I think the market is going want an offensive HC. D minded head coaches have been struggling while o coaches haven't.

I also think wade Phillips gets a gig. He may be ideal for Washington. Ideal enough to be mature to stabilize it. To get the right trajectory. Etc.

Yeah as well as the D has played I don't see a lot of HC vacancies this offseason. The Jets, 49ers, Oakland and possibly the Dolphins Atlanta jobs only ones that seem destined to be open. The Jets will likely pursue an offensive mind and think Adam Gase fit there, the 49ers be willing to give the reins to Greg Roman. Harbaugh could resurface in Oakland or Miami and the Falcons are a question mark but I don't see Schwartz going there. Now if Schwarz can reproduce what he's done this year next year and the Bills make the playoffs he could write himself a job anywhere he wants. Maybe to the Giants if Coughlin steps down after Eli's contract wears out makes sense.

The better question is, who is going to be our next Offensive Coordinator? The offense is offensive and terrible to watch.

Maybe Nate can call on his dad to be another consultant since Jim Hostler is getting paid for nothing. I'd also like to see our O-line coach canned.