Keep in mind: Bills played 9 of the top 13 defenses this year

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we are going to have Orton regardless, so get used to it.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Much may depend on what he does over the next three games, but we can look for the Bills to bring in a veteran QB. In fact, I think we'll see them be aggressive in going after one.

GO BILLS!!!

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Much may depend on what he does over the next three games, but we can look for the Bills to bring in a veteran QB. In fact, I think we'll see them be aggressive in going after one.

GO BILLS!!!

A veteran QB? Who?

GO BILLS!!!

Names, please.

A veteran QB? Who?

Names, please.

Any of the names already bandied about in other threads? Cutler? A trade for a somebody's backup they think might be ready for his shot? Could be anybody and I certainly don't profess to know at this point. The main point is I doubt they're satisfied and I think they'll be aggressive in addressing that perceived need.

I'll let everyone else rake them over the coals when it's somebody nobody around here can agree on. Hell, the QB pickins' are slim even in the best of times. I just don't see them maintaining status quo, that's all.

GO BILLS!!!

Cleveland's defense is weak. Please explain why they could only muster one offensive touchdown and did next to nothing in a pathetic first half at RWS. What's the excuse for such a lackluster performance?

check out the games against your weak Browns defense for these big name qb's Brees ,Ryan, Rothlisberger gm2, Dalton, Flacco, Luck and report back

We're going to have Hackett too....so get used to it.

If Buffalo stays with Hackett AND Orton, it's going to be another year with no playoffs.

Also, I would begin to be concerned some D players are going to start piping up about the O situation.

Any of the names already bandied about in other threads? Cutler? A trade for a somebody's backup they think might be ready for his shot? Could be anybody and I certainly don't profess to know at this point. The main point is I doubt they're satisfied and I think they'll be aggressive in addressing that perceived need.

I'll let everyone else rake them over the coals when it's somebody nobody around here can agree on. Hell, the QB pickins' are slim even in the best of times. I just don't see them maintaining status quo, that's all.

GO BILLS!!!

Oh jeez, are we back to wanting anyone with a pulse? I know Orton is no Manning but maintain some perspective.

If all you are doing is rolling the dice and crossing your fingers, why bother?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

ing

GO BILLS!!!

If there are any quality QB's available, it would be costly. Not sure there are teams with the luxury of having enough quality at that position to trade one. This is why so many teams need QB's , there aren't nearly enough to go around. Look at the Rams/Cards game the other night - horrible backups playing.

Oh jeez, are we back to wanting anyone with a pulse? I know Orton is no Manning but maintain some perspective.

Disregarding your overly dramatic reaction to one person thinking we will add to the qb room

Is orton any better than crossing your fingers?

Carerful, Promo. I'm not saying "anyone with a pulse." And I'm not saying I want anyone, regardless. I'm only saying they will be aggressive in addressing a perceived need. As it stands, Orton is "anyone with a pulse" at the moment, imo. I just wouldn't be shocked if they made a trade nobody sees right now.

GO BILLS!!!

How has Buffalo doing anything other than rolling the dice and crossing their fingers?

E.J.???

Tuel/Lewis???

1 week before season starts sign Orton???

Bills are basically whistling past the graveyard re: QB if you ask me.

If there are any quality QB's available, it would be costly. Not sure there are teams with the luxury of having enough quality at that position to trade one. This is why so many teams need QB's , there aren't nearly enough to go around. Look at the Rams/Cards game the other night - horrible backups playing.

There's definitely not enough quality with starters, let alone backups. That's for sure. My question, and I think it may be theirs, too, is, "Is there veteran quality better than Orton?" Given how it's played out so far, that is not a very high bar at the moment.

GO BILLS!!!

Disregarding your overly dramatic reaction to one person thinking we will add to the qb room

Is orton any better than crossing your fingers?

Well we all wanted Fitz gone because anything was better than Fitz. So dumping Orton for a pig-in-a-poke is silly.

Draft a mid-rounder? Sure. Target a free agent? Maybe. Make a change for change sake? No thanks.

Well we all wanted Fitz gone because anything was better than Fitz. So dumping Orton for a pig-in-a-poke is silly.

Draft a mid-rounder? Sure. Target a free agent? Maybe. Make a change for change sake? No thanks.

Orton, not good. Barely a pulse. Denver made it into the playoffs a few years ago with Tebow for jeepers sake! Freaking Tebow!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Over 16 games the Bills will play a top 13 defense 12 times.

#2 - Detroit

#4 - Denver

#6 - Miami (2x)

#7 - NY Jets (2x)

#8 - Kansas City

#9 - San Diego

#11-Minnesota

#12-New England (2x)

#13-Oakland

The only "weak" defenses we will see are..

#18-Cleveland

#24-Houston (odd considering they have Watt & Clowney)

#25-Green Bay

#28-Chicago

So this is one possible reason (excuse?) for our rough offensive output.

On the other hand, playing the Bills could be the reason those are top defenses.

There's definitely not enough quality with starters, let alone backups. That's for sure. My question, and I think it may be theirs, too, is, "Is there veteran quality better than Orton?" Given how it's played out so far, that is not a very high bar at the moment.

GO BILLS!!!

Not sure if there is anything better for the price, a high draft pick? I still strongly believe that spending our resources on the O-Line is the best way to improve our QB situation. Not sure anyone else would perform too much better with the same crappy line. We need better RB play as well.

I think you make a good point about change for change sake. But that may not be how the FO perceives it.

And I don't think the FO wanted Fitz gone, necessarily. I think they knew (rightly so) that he wasn't gonna be that "10-15 year guy" (as Buddy so often put it) and they wanted him to renegotiate down to a more suitable contract to serve as a veteran mentor. Can't blame him for saying no, either.

GO BILLS!!!

Not sure if there is anything better for the price, a high draft pick? I still strongly believe that spending our resources on the O-Line is the best way to improve our QB situation. Not sure anyone else would perform too much better with the same crappy line. We need better RB play as well.

All good points to be sure. But I think they can accomplish some things on parallel tracks to be sure.

Look, I don't want to speculate. I just won't be surprised if they make an aggressive move at the position.

GO BILLS!!!