Officials Massaging the Game Thread

Storm Front

The Bills are playing another one of the NFL's darling's this weekend in the Packers. You can bet there will be some game changing calls or non-calls, the majority of which, if not all, will go against the Bills. I'm talking phantom PI's, unnecessary roughness, unsportsmanlike conduct, etc. There ought to be a thread for fans to vent the calls.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell Marrone to have his players disciplined and they won't happen. It is the lack of discipline that causes these penalties not some crazy conspiracy theory. It was almost embarrassing to be at the Denver game on Sunday.

Edited by Beef Jerky

The Bills are playing another one of the NFL's darling's this weekend in the Packers. You can bet there will be some game changing calls or non-calls, the majority of which, if not all, will go against the Bills. I'm talking phantom PI's, unnecessary roughness, unsportsmanlike conduct, etc. There ought to be a thread for fans to vent the calls.

Jerry Hughes got an unsportsmanlike conduct flag today for backing his car into the garage.

wow look another thread about officiating. Good lord. Mods can we just have one big giant whinefest about the officials for the entire season instead of seeing new ones pop up every week? This makes our fanbase sound like nothing but crybabies, just win the damn game and blame it on who is truly to blame. the players. Or our crappy coaches.

Edited by MarkAF43

wow look another thread about officiating. Good lord. Mods can we just have one big giant whinefest about the officials for the entire season instead of seeing new ones pop up every week? This makes our fanbase sound like nothing but crybabies, just win the damn game and blame it on who is truly to blame. the players. Or our crappy coaches.

Except fans all over the league are noticing it too.

Do you really think no one else notices that thr Patriots get away with murder week in week out?

Except fans all over the league are noticing it too.

Do you really think no one else notices that thr Patriots get away with murder week in week out?

The Bills are the 6th most penalized team in the NFL. The teams ahead of them: Seattle, St.Louis, TB, Denver and NE. with the exception of TB and St.Louis, you're talking playoff teams. they're winning. Yes some of the calls suck, but we whine about it like it's the ONLY reason we're losing games instead of focusing on the facts that we have an anemic offense, a me first QB and a coaching staff that looks lost.

The Bills are the 6th most penalized team in the NFL. The teams ahead of them: Seattle, St.Louis, TB, Denver and NE. with the exception of TB and St.Louis, you're talking playoff teams. they're winning. Yes some of the calls suck, but we whine about it like it's the ONLY reason we're losing games instead of focusing on the facts that we have an anemic offense, a me first QB and a coaching staff that looks lost.

Have you not seen the main board with the multiple threads dedicated to all of those other topics?

Us Bills fans all know exactly what the major in-house problems are with the team. The threads complaining about the officiating are completely justified, imo. No one is saying it is the "only reason" we are losing, but in a sport where an entire game can come down to 1 or 2 plays, fair officiaiting is extremely important. We've had drives killed in close games because of bad calls. Of course, we've certainly had drives killed because of penalties our players actually committed, and that is a problem they need to work on. But all we are asking is that the games are called consistently and fairly, and that is not even close to the current state of NFL officiating. There is plenty of room for discusion about all of the problems you've listed, and it occurs here every day.

Have you not seen the main board with the multiple threads dedicated to all of those other topics?

Us Bills fans all know exactly what the major in-house problems are with the team. The threads complaining about the officiating are completely justified, imo. No one is saying it is the "only reason" we are losing, but in a sport where an entire game can come down to 1 or 2 plays, fair officiaiting is extremely important. We've had drives killed in close games because of bad calls. Of course, we've certainly had drives killed because of penalties our players actually committed, and that is a problem they need to work on. But all we are asking is that the games are called consistently and fairly, and that is not even close to the current state of NFL officiating. There is plenty of room for discusion about all of the problems you've listed, and it occurs here every day.

If the Bills were being specifically targeted by officiating crews as a part of some kind of conspiracy, then threads such as this one would be justified. Since that isn't the case, IMO it's

http://youtu.be/F9S7yhD5M9A

I get where you're coming from. But my point is there are plenty of other teams who endure the same bad calls that kill drives and yet they're still winning. Denver, NE and Seattle are all penalized more than the Bills and they're winning games. So yes, the penalties and the officiating hurts, but we aren't the only ones it impacts, but there are too many people here and other places that act like there is a personal vendetta to go out and screw the Bills.

I've spoken on this several times (officiating) and I have complaints in general about how poor it's gotten. But I don't see it as the larger problem when it comes to the Bills, to me it's the smaller problem that pales in comparison to how this team has yet to figure out how to overcome the officiating and any other adversity and win games.

Agreed 100%. Perfectly stated. Notice Denver and NE are in the most penalized category, so that pretty much takes away the argument that the league is trying to "massage" games to help them win, doesn't it? We are losing games because of bad coaching, mistakes, lack of discipline, inadequate QB play and overall bad offensive execution.

i humbly propose that the mods create one super whine thread to rule them all. it will be devoted to the officials, jerry sullivan, schopp, "the experts," tim graham, and any and all media outlets that create power rankings.

Tell Marrone to have his players disciplined and they won't happen. It is the lack of discipline that causes these penalties not some crazy conspiracy theory. It was almost embarrassing to be at the Denver game on Sunday.

The frustration began long before the Denver game. I've watch the Bills games on tv for years. This is the first year that I have heard so many commentators question calls on the Bills and mention how team "Not The Bills" got away with one there. This year is different for some reason.

Too many people are saying it. It's not just Bills fans.

i humbly propose that the mods create one super whine thread to rule them all. it will be devoted to the officials, jerry sullivan, schopp, "the experts," tim graham, and any and all media outlets that create power rankings.

Then lets do the same for "Fire MArrone" "Fire HAckett" "Sit EJ" "Start EJ" threads... If a topic does not interest you just dont click on the thread. Personally threads are harder to read when the go above 15 pages.

If the Bills were being specifically targeted by officiating crews as a part of some kind of conspiracy, then threads such as this one would be justified. Since that isn't the case, IMO it's

You have it backwards.

The Bills are not being targeted, but several "elite" teams are being (shall we say) protected by beneficial calls.

It's all about the ratings and money.

http://youtu.be/F9S7yhD5M9A

Its about ratings. A game with certain teams gets greater ratings. Those fans are happier when there top tier team wins and buy more stuff. If you dont think that this happens just go back to the Steelers Seahawks Superbowl where that game was given to the more established brand. It does not just happen to the Bills. This year its worse than usual because in the past we usually lost without any additional help.

You have it backwards.

The Bills are not being targeted, but several "elite" teams are being (shall we say) protected by beneficial calls.

It's all about the ratings and money.

Seattle, NE and Denver are ahead of the Bills in penalties. so how

is this a conspiracy?

Edited by MarkAF43