2015 Draft Wish List

Jmsbills

BPA. Build your team with the best available players in the draft. You upgrade your roster no matter what. I don't care if it is Gurley or Goron available in rd 2. They're not the best players at that spot, they're just RB's. The first 4 rounds going BPA will deliver us 2 OL and a WR/TE/DB. If we get lucky and come across a QB somewhere after 3rd, cool.

But we need to upgrade non skill set players.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need to keep in mind that we can't afford to keep this dline intact forever. Marcell will command a big salary. So will Hughes. Maybe some help on the dline late in the draft. Also, even though Kiko is coming back next season, I believe Spikes was a 1 yr. signing. Brown was drafted as a MLB. Next year might look like this: OLB KIKO, ILB Brown, OLB Bradham. A couple of LB's would be nice. Draft 1 and 1 via FA maybe. Offensively, QB, TE and RB seem obvious, IMO. As for the O-line, we drafted 2 tackles and 1 is starting at RT. we also drafted to help the inside of the line. I would prefer giving them a chance ,but look for more veteran help inside. Hopefully Chris Williams comes back healthy.

Rounds 2-3 BPA, we have a talented roster, just add to it the best players regardless of position, except maybe RB.

Rounds 4-7 fill in the rest with depth players with a chance to contribute.JMO.

Edited by Dopey

Likely, but they might try to work a trade before they cut him and I imagine that teams would be interested.

Not going to happen. Trading for him would certainly cost a fairly high draft pick and then the trading team would be on the books for $13MM. He's good, but he hasn't proved himself enough yet for that kind of money.

Not going to happen. Trading for him would certainly cost a fairly high draft pick and then the trading team would be on the books for $13MM. He's good, but he hasn't proved himself enough yet for that kind of money.

It could easily happen with the Rams giving the agent permission to seek a deal with the another team to negotiate a new contract before trading with the Rams. With teams having an understanding that the Rams are ready to turn the page, the trade compensation back to them wouldn't be as high as you're thinking.

It could easily happen with the Rams giving the agent permission to seek a deal with the another team to negotiate a new contract before trading with the Rams. With teams having an understanding that the Rams are ready to turn the page, the trade compensation back to them wouldn't be as high as you're thinking.

But the Rams will want something in return, a draft pick, and as much as you would say it wouldn't be high, he's still a QB. AND they would still be on the hook for the $13MM and renegotiated contract isn't going to change that, the money is gurantee'd.

But the Rams will want something in return, a draft pick, and as much as you would say it wouldn't be high, he's still a QB. AND they would still be on the hook for the $13MM and renegotiated contract isn't going to change that, the money is gurantee'd.

Exactly why their leverage is diminished when you consider this along with his injury history. Any trade compensation would likely be conditional.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Exactly why their leverage is diminished when you consider this along with his injury history.

If they cut him, that money can be saved against the cap. So there is reason to cut him. Basically his salary for next year is almost $17mm, 3.5MM of it is dead money, $13MM us guaranteed but that can be a cap saving if they cut him.

If they cut him, that money can be saved against the cap. So there is reason to cut him. Basically his salary for next year is almost $17mm, 3.5MM of it is dead money, $13MM us guaranteed but that can be a cap saving if they cut him.

Understood. Time tells no lies, we shall see.

My thought is that it would be Bradford that would fight against a renegotiation. He'll likely want a new deal and the bonus money that comes along with it. A trade would require some type of new contract that he'd probably be foolish to agree to.

My thought is that it would be Bradford that would fight against a renegotiation. He'll likely want a new deal and the bonus money that comes along with it. A trade would require some type of new contract that he'd probably be foolish to agree to.

You might be correct, but he's already banked quite a bit of money from his rookie contract that was done under the old CBA. This could easily be about more than money with him wanting to establish himself as a legit NFL QB with a new team.

I don't think you draft a guard just because you already have Kujo and Richardson along with Urbik, Pears and Williams. That's enough young players at a position you normally only keep 4 of, they will have to get rid of one of the veterans to make room for another guard anyways. Orlando Franklin and Mike Iupati I bet will be getting some looks if they hit FA, but I just cant see them putting another 21-23yo in there.

Rd.2 the first players I'd want would be Nick O'Leary, Connor Cook (by some miracle), Devin Funchess and Jaelen Strong.

Strong isn't a name that has been brought up but he would be perfect opposite Watkins. 6 4 and he runs fast, has put up big numbers in his biggest games this year.

RD3 you have to get a quality corner that has some speed, McKelvin is the only guy back there that has a set of wheels on him.

Some names Doran Grant OSU, Ron Darby FSU and Jalen Collins LSU.

Then I think it's all BPA.

Jeremy Langford RB Michigan State

JT Surratt DT South Carolina

Trey Flowers DE Arkansas

Bryce Petty QB Baylor

AJ Johnson ILB Tenn

John Gray RB Texas

You might be correct, but he's already banked quite a bit of money from his rookie contract that was done under the old CBA. This could easily be about more than money with him wanting to establish himself as a legit NFL QB with a new team.

That could very well be...I'm just speculating as you know.

Any idea how much cap space the Bills will have this offseason?

CBF

Assuming the cap is $140M (it may, in fact, be higher), Buffalo would have about $18M if they do nothing. Here's the breakdown:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/yearly/

Now, they can clear a lot of space with the following moves:

- Cutting Orton saves $3.9M

- Extend Dareus and back-load the contract (figure that will save about $4M)

- Already cut Mike Williams (saves $6.8M)

- Spiller will almost certainly opt out of his contract (saves $2.2M)

- Cutting Chandler saves $1.35M

The above bring the amount of cap space up to about $36M. They can gain even more if they restructure Mario Williams, but I think it makes more sense to wait another year and then sign him to an extension to clear cap room.

The next smart move would be to re-sign Jerry Hughes and front-load his contract, to give him more immediate cash and lessen the financial impact down the road (basically give him a steady base salary and big up-front roster bonuses with small signing bonus).

^ This

The offseason plan:

Re-Sign

Hughes (big money...probably 5 years/$50M with $25M guaranteed)

Searcy (Bernard Pollard type money--$3M/year)

Wynn (peanuts)

Hairston (peanuts)

UFAs

QB - Sam Bradford (guessing $9M/year for 3 years with incentives layered in gets it done)

G - Boling (Geoff Schwartz money--4 years/$16.8M w/ $6M guaranteed)

DE - O'Brien Schofield/Pernell McPhee (Willie Young money--$3M/year)

S - Kendrick Lewis (peanuts)

Draft

TE in the 2nd

QB in the 3rd

OL and DL the rest of the way

I like it

Is Spiller expensive? I will almost guarantee that he will make less next year than he did this year. The Bills desperately need his playmaking ability. If they are going to play close defensive games his ability to take it the distance is crucial IMO. If he made 1 big play the other day that game made end differently.

I believe he is a free agent, I could be wrong.

That could very well be...I'm just speculating as you know.

Assuming the cap is $140M (it may, in fact, be higher), Buffalo would have about $18M if they do nothing. Here's the breakdown:

http://www.spotrac.c...o-bills/yearly/

Now, they can clear a lot of space with the following moves:

- Cutting Orton saves $3.9M

- Extend Dareus and back-load the contract (figure that will save about $4M)

- Already cut Mike Williams (saves $6.8M)

- Spiller will almost certainly opt out of his contract (saves $2.2M)

- Cutting Chandler saves $1.35M

The above bring the amount of cap space up to about $36M. They can gain even more if they restructure Mario Williams, but I think it makes more sense to wait another year and then sign him to an extension to clear cap room.

The next smart move would be to re-sign Jerry Hughes and front-load his contract, to give him more immediate cash and lessen the financial impact down the road (basically give him a steady base salary and big up-front roster bonuses with small signing bonus).

Wow!! $36M would be awesome!

CBF