Step away from the ledge

section122

I just don't get it. I'm so sick of the whining and crying and nitpicking every little thing.

Fire Marrone: The guy who has the Bills playing the best ball in the last 15 years? The guy who has the team competing in every game? The guy who wins all of the games he is supposed too? The guy who has had this team in position to win every single game late in the 4th quarter save for 2 games? The guy who has this team playing unified ball? The guy who has the talent on this team actually producing?

Why? Because you don't like that M Williams is on the bench? Because you don't like his punting decisions?

Hire Harbaugh: The guy who is an offensive genius right? The guy who's team is the 24th ranked offense behind the Bills 22nd? The guy who's team is scoring the 26th most points behind the Bills 18th? The guy who just lost to the Raiders yesterday?

Fire Hackett: See the stats listed above and step back from the ledge. THis offense isn't great but it isn't the worst we've ever seen. Add in the fact that he has been hamstrung by 1 qb out of the NFL (Lewis), 1 qb on the practice squad (Tuel), 1 project qb (EJ), and 1 career backup that shouldn't be anyone's starter (Orton). If you are paying attention instead of trying to fit your preconceived notions, the Bills have been using the screen game much more effectively, hell they even got the ball to Watkins yesterday to appease those fans.

The Losses: Very very few people predicted better than 8-8 this year. Some said best case scenario 9-7. Rose colored glasses had 10 wins. Now that we are staring at least 8-8 in the face the sky is falling and everyone needs to be replaced. This is the best Bills team we have seen in a long time. This is the first team to not be under .500 before week 16 since 1993, this is the first team to have 7 wins by december since 2000, this team is still in the thick of the playoffs going into week 15. Legitimately in the thick of things too not well if these crazy things happen we are in. The KC game? 2 backup rbs, one untimely fumble, against a team that went out and beat the defending super bowl champs the next week. The Miami night game? The home teams are 7-5 in those games. Not one game this year should the Bills have dominated a team on paper and lost. There are very few teams that can say that any year let alone this year.

Get over yourself and stop trying to fit every teeny situation to your already determined narrative. I feel like I'm not watching the same games as other people. This team is the most competitive team I have seen in a long while and we should blow it up?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

record wise we may be better...but that is only because of the defense which fell in his lap....marrone is an offensive guy...an oline guy and they are putrid....he makes poor gameday decisions and should be shown the door.

how about accepting improvements....if someone had told me we would have had a chance to win or tie the game at the end I would have told you you were crazy. Section122 is right....this team is going in the right direction, it's not an overnight process, losses suck, but the fact that we feel like we could/should have won this game shows how far we have come.

Accept the average, don't try to be better. I like it.

Anyone who thinks this offense is anything but putrid isn't watching the games. Guess what, this is the nfl, you cant use excuses as a coach year after year. Look at all the resources pumped into this offense at every position. Excuses don't fly

Edited by Crayola64

I agree that this team is close to turning the corner. But not there yet. IMO, the Bills need 6 things:

1) Starting QB

2) Starting QB

3) Starting QB

4) A young Fred Jackson

5) Upgrades to the OL

6) Better OC and HC

No reason to blow it up. Get the required upgrades which should be possible (QB is of course much harder), sit back and enjoy as fans.

Edited by CodeMonkey

how about accepting improvements....if someone had told me we would have had a chance to win or tie the game at the end I would have told you you were crazy. Section122 is right....this team is going in the right direction, it's not an overnight process, losses suck, but the fact that we feel like we could/should have won this game shows how far we have come.

I'm on board with this general sentiment.

We need a QB, but other than that, this team has all the pieces.

I say more time for Marrone, but we could do better than Hackett.

Accept the average, don't try to be better. I like it.

Accept the average? Or be realistic about expectations? Do you not feel that this team is better than it was 3 years ago? Do you not feel this team plays tougher than 3 years ago? What did you think this team would be record wise this year at this point? If you are being honest with yourself 7-6 is probably very close. This is the best Bills football we have seen in a long time! That isn't accepting mediocrity that is hoping that the Bills brass is smarter than message boards and won't blow up a good thing. Don't let perfect be the enemy of very good.

We could have won? When? Last I saw we were down 24-3 and the Denver played prevent. Garbage stats made that game close. Down 2 scores with 5 minutes left. What do you do, punt the ball to Peyton Freaking Manning. The team lacks discipline. Can't run the ball.

I sort of understand why folks want Marrone gone. He makes puzzling game day decisions. He has a loaded roster for the most part; one that many folks feel is better than a 0.500 record.

Overall, talent tends to be the bottom line factor in the NFL. If a team has good enough players, the coach can't really get in their way. It's less common, IMO, for a less-talented team to be coached up to playing winning football.

Both have to be there; right now it only looks like the talent is here (to me anyway).

record wise we may be better...but that is only because of the defense which fell in his lap....marrone is an offensive guy...an oline guy and they are putrid....he makes poor gameday decisions and should be shown the door.

Are you serious with this?!?! The Bills defense was atrocious before Marrone got here. Or did you forget Wannstache? Can you please show me a coach who doesn't get questioned about his gameday decisions? You know why people do that? It is because they have the benefit of hindsight to help them "know" what the right call should be.

I am not in agreement with changing the OC. My guess is our OC would be better with a better QB. They go hand and hand. Brady's OC always gets head coaching job, maybe its Brady making the OC better. Either way WE NEED A QB

3rd and Slide play will stay with me for a long time

Accept the average? Or be realistic about expectations? Do you not feel that this team is better than it was 3 years ago? Do you not feel this team plays tougher than 3 years ago? What did you think this team would be record wise this year at this point? If you are being honest with yourself 7-6 is probably very close. This is the best Bills football we have seen in a long time! That isn't accepting mediocrity that is hoping that the Bills brass is smarter than message boards and won't blow up a good thing. Don't let perfect be the enemy of very good.

You should really look up the offensive stats. 25th and worse and every advanced stat category. This team has 100x the talent it did three years ago. Marrone would not put Urbik in because why? He did the o-line improves. Mike Williams averages 8 TD's a year. He is going to catch maybe 8 passes. Jerry Hughes is benched in the most crucial game to this point.The team is undisciplined.

Are you serious with this?!?! The Bills defense was atrocious before Marrone got here. Or did you forget Wannstache? Can you please show me a coach who doesn't get questioned about his gameday decisions? You know why people do that? It is because they have the benefit of hindsight to help them "know" what the right call should be.

MArrone is an offensive guy. He gave the defense to Pettine and Schwartz. They are more for the Defense then Marrone is. Marrone touted himself as an o-line smash mouth football guy. That is the worst part of our team.

I sort of understand why folks want Marrone gone. He makes puzzling game day decisions. He has a loaded roster for the most part; one that many folks feel is better than a 0.500 record.

Overall, talent tends to be the bottom line factor in the NFL. If a team has good enough players, the coach can't really get in their way. It's less common, IMO, for a less-talented team to be coached up to playing winning football.

Both have to be there; right now it only looks like the talent is here (to me anyway).

Unfortunately there is one position, the most important, where there is a glaring hole in talent. Is that Marrone's fault? Very few coaches are "QB whisperers" and I think with even a competent QB this offense looks a lot better.

That certainly does not mean Marrone is without fault. His in game decisions are frustrating beyond belief.

Anyone who thinks this offense is anything but putrid isn't watching the games. Guess what, this is the nfl, you cant use excuses as a coach year after year. Look at all the resources pumped into this offense at every position. Excuses don't fly

The resources pumped into this offense?

QB - journeyman

OL - 1 first rounder, 1 second rounder, 2 waived players, and a 7th rounder

TE - waived players

WR - 1 first rounder, 1 second rounder, waived player, multiple mid round selections

Compare that to the defense:

DL: 3 first rounders

CBs: 2 first rounder

S: 1 second rounder, multiple mid round selections

LB: second rounder, multiple mid round selections

It isn't surprising when looking at the resources distributed that the defense is better than the offense. Also this "putrid" offense has an awful lot to do with the "putrid qb." Somehow Hackett/Marrone have this offense gaining more yards than the geniuses Jim Harbaugh and Andy Reid. They have them scoring more points than Jay Gruden and Bruce Arians's teams while being tied with Marc Trestman's teams. All names that have been floated as "significant improvements" - although I will give Arian's a pass with his injuries.

The resources pumped into this offense?

QB - journeyman

OL - 1 first rounder, 1 second rounder, 2 waived players, and a 7th rounder

TE - waived players

WR - 1 first rounder, 1 second rounder, waived player, multiple mid round selections

Compare that to the defense:

DL: 3 first rounders

CBs: 2 first rounder

S: 1 second rounder, multiple mid round selections

LB: second rounder, multiple mid round selections

It isn't surprising when looking at the resources distributed that the defense is better than the offense. Also this "putrid" offense has an awful lot to do with the "putrid qb." Somehow Hackett/Marrone have this offense gaining more yards than the geniuses Jim Harbaugh and Andy Reid. They have them scoring more points than Jay Gruden and Bruce Arians's teams while being tied with Marc Trestman's teams. All names that have been floated as "significant improvements" - although I will give Arian's a pass with his injuries.

Yea, because where a player is drafted is the end all be all.

Unfortunately there is one position, the most important, where there is a glaring hole in talent. Is that Marrone's fault? Very few coaches are "QB whisperers" and I think with even a competent QB this offense looks a lot better.

That certainly does not mean Marrone is without fault. His in game decisions are frustrating beyond belief.

I hear you Wayne. I often wonder what Marrone/Hackett would be able to do with an NFL QB under center. As to whether or not that's Marrone's fault, I'm not sure. Building a roster is a concerted effort between the GM and the coach. If the coach doesn't pound the table and tell the GM that he needs a QB (over and above what he's been given), he's probably not going to get one. My opinion is that Marrone shoulders a portion of the blame for the QB situation--how much I cannot say, because I'm not behind the closed doors.

That may sound like I'm playing both sides of the table; I'm honestly just trying to be objective.

Thankfully the decision to keep Marrone, Hackett or any other offensive coach isn't up to the fans.

The Bills are fielding a championship defense that scared the hell out of the Broncos so much that Manning only threw 20 passes all game, and ran it 29 times.

Marrone might have hired Schwartz / Pettine but that's about all he did, as his forte is the offense. The offense is still one of the 10 ten worst. The Bills O line is still one of the worst in the NFL. The Bills aren't even trying to run the ball this year. The entire offense is placed squarely on the QB, and how is he to win games with no run game, and a bad line?

I for one hope the Pegula's fire the entire offensive coaching staff. I think the change to the offense with quality offensive coaches will be like Schwartz has been verses George Edwards / Dave Wannstedt was to the defensive side of the ball.

I hear you Wayne. I often wonder what Marrone/Hackett would be able to do with an NFL QB under center. As to whether or not that's Marrone's fault, I'm not sure. Building a roster is a concerted effort between the GM and the coach. If the coach doesn't pound the table and tell the GM that he needs a QB (over and above what he's been given), he's probably not going to get one. My opinion is that Marrone shoulders a portion of the blame for the QB situation--how much I cannot say, because I'm not behind the closed doors.

That may sound like I'm playing both sides of the table; I'm honestly just trying to be objective.

I think that may have been where the blow up on the field came from. I don't have any inside info but in my mind it makes sense. Whaley says he's signed Palmer, Marrone is unhappy and says its not good enough.