Sammy Watkins = The Real Deal

Haef

No. The basis for why I think he should be playing is stated in the reasons above, which have nothing to do with stats. The stats say he should be playing too.

So scoring TDs isn't a stat? And by saying very solid production, your words, how would you gauge that? Yards? TDs?

Edited by Wayne Cubed

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was mad at Sammy when he gave no effort and short armed a sideline pass he easily could have caught if he simply extended his arm and jumped a little. On the next series or maybe it was the same series Goodwin laid out for a pass way over his head. I wish Sammy would lay out for a pass like Goodwin did.

There was another one over the middle, that I think was picked off, that Sammy wasn't even trying for.

He is very soft for being anointed a god by everyone on this board.

Thank you sir! That is impressive. But for a receiver that is rediculious.

He's a lacrosse player turned football player. Lacrosse players are usually pretty friggin' tough.

Exactly. That's how you justify a player like Josh Reed, not a guy you draft 4th overall, with an extra 1st and 4th added in.

:lol: :lol: You're insane. Sammy's blocking abilities is one of the things that makes him different and better than the other WRs in this very good WR class. It's further proof that Sammy does everything you'd ever want a WR to be able to do. He's got speed, size, physicality, all world hands AND he blocks like a FB on the edges. If you don't think that's something that helps a team, you don't know what you're watching on Sundays.

His downfield blocking resulted in one TD yesterday and three more TDs this year that I've counted. The guy has a high football IQ and understands what it takes to win.

But keep on thinking he's not worth it. It's going to be a miserable decade plus for you watching Sammy light up this league in a Bills uniform.

He is very soft for being anointed a god by everyone on this board.

Watch the Denver game again, specifically the way Sammy fought off press coverage from two of the best CBs in the game today and the way he blocks downfield and tell us again that he's soft. :lol:

He's a lacrosse player turned football player. Lacrosse players are usually pretty friggin' tough.

:lol: :lol: You're insane. Sammy's blocking abilities is one of the things that makes him different and better than the other WRs in this very good WR class. It's further proof that Sammy does everything you'd ever want a WR to be able to do. He's got speed, size, physicality, all world hands AND he blocks like a FB on the edges. If you don't think that's something that helps a team, you don't know what you're watching on Sundays.

His downfield blocking resulted in one TD yesterday and three more TDs this year that I've counted. The guy has a high football IQ and understands what it takes to win.

But keep on thinking he's not worth it. It's going to be a miserable decade plus for you watching Sammy light up this league in a Bills uniform.

Watch the Denver game again, specifically the way Sammy fought off press coverage from two of the best CBs in the game today and the way he blocks downfield and tell us again that he's soft. :lol:

You don't have to watch any of the actual plays or games to know and proclaim he's soft, you just have to type. Sheesh!

Imagine this Bills team without Watkins this year. He immediatley gets the attention of the opponent's gameplan. Revis and Talib draw Watkins, not another receiver. Yet I read here again and again that he is not a difference maker. If he had a real QB and better health, he would be Rookie of the Year.

You don't have to watch any of the actual plays or games to know and proclaim he's soft, you just have to type. Sheesh!

So true. It's just baffling to me why some Bills fans are so quick to trash the first legit #1 WR we've had since Moulds. I get that not everyone likes the trade but stop living in the past and embrace the present. It is a gift after all. B-)

Sammy played well, and considering how quiet he has been the past couple of weeks it was good he showed up. The guy is a stud can't wait to see how much better he will be with a year under his belt and some time to get healthy. The team still needs to find him a QB and a legit tight end and number two WR (Woods and Hogan are slot guys, Mike Williams not the answer).

Edited by billsfan89

Sammy is soft? Laughable. On every level.

Ask Shazier if Sammy is soft. He's battled ribs, groin, and hip injuries all year and we haven't seen his power game as a result. But soft? There are a ton of players that wouldn't even bother playing, let alone practicing, with those injuries. When he's limping and taking himself out of the game, it's because he's hurting. Coming back into the game, it's because he's a gamer and there for his teammates.

GO BILLS!!!

Sammy played well, and considering how quiet he has been the past couple of weeks it was good he showed up. The guy is a stud can't wait to see how much better he will be with a year under his belt and some time to get healthy. The team still needs to find him a QB and a legit tight end and number two WR (Woods and Hogan are slot guys, Mike Williams not the answer).

Woods is a legit number two in my mind. He can play on the boundary and in the slot. He's tough as nails and has great hands. He's just not a burner -- though he's got breakaway speed.

Woods is a legit number two in my mind. He can play on the boundary and in the slot. He's tough as nails and has great hands. He's just not a burner -- though he's got breakaway speed.

Sounds like he would be perfect for the slot, if we only had a guy like a Marquise Goodwin on the Bills, or even a Mike Williams of the Bills, to play on the outside. Other teams acquire different styles of receivers who complement each other as a positional "team" so QBs have different options and defenses have matchup problems. Why can't we do that?

Sounds like he would be perfect for the slot, if we only had a guy like a Marquise Goodwin on the Bills, or even a Mike Williams of the Bills, to play on the outside. Other teams acquire different styles of receivers who complement each other as a positional "team" so QBs have different options and defenses have matchup problems. Why can't we do that?

:lol: :lol: So true. I blame Whaley! GET THE TAR AND FEATHERS!

Yeah Sammy's about as soft as a steel freaking fist in a storm of ****! I've rewatched every game at least 5 times. Dude is almost always open vs man. Including yesterday on the pick that was intended for Chandler. Shouldn't ever be used as a decoy.

it was odd hearing them harp on the fact that he couldnt get open vs man, and that he was calling himself out due to the altitude (and not that he had broken ribs, and more)