Ditka 'embarrassed' for Rams involved in 'hands up Protest

HOUSE

My one black roommate in college got harassed by police at an airport for "looking like a thug." My car was tailed by police for over 30 minutes as we headed back to our dorm. There are some ****ty police and many more great policemen.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My one black roommate in college got harassed by police at an airport for "looking like a thug." My car was tailed by police for over 30 minutes as we headed back to our dorm. There are some ****ty police and many more great policemen.

And yet neither of you attempted to confront those officers, refused to obey their commands or take their weapon away......and you're both still alive today. Funny how that happens.

Just because some cops are a--holes doesn't mean we should railroad any cop who is forced into a difficult situation with a thug who manages to get himself killed.

Ha! 12 year old black kid in Cleveland who was gunned down by police for playing with a toy gun -

"Playing with a gun" doesnt constitute shoving it in strangers faces in the park. Playing with a gun is like a few 12yr olds running around playing cops and robbers or cowboys and indians. Video I saw clearly shows the kid standing alone pointing the gun at random people walking by. Guess thats "playing" in the hood and theres the problem.

As for the thug robber POS in Ferguson, MO, you fight in court, not the cop in the street. They are aurthorized to use deadly force, which seems like common knowledge for about the last 100yrs. In fact all us tax payers would even pay for his defense lawyer.

So... People shouldn't protest anything because there's other stuff that people aren't protesting because you shouldn't protest anything in the first place.

CTE is a hell of a drug.

I think the point is that the issue that they are "protesting" may or may not have validity. But, hitching your protest wagon to this particular incident by using the "hands up, don't shoot" (which has been proven to be a complete lie) motion is moronic. Pick an incident where the facts at least partially match your narrative.

I think the point is that the issue that they are "protesting" may or may not have validity. But, hitching your protest wagon to this particular incident by using the "hands up, don't shoot" (which has been proven to be a complete lie) motion is moronic. Pick an incident where the facts at least partially match your narrative.

That's the part I don't get. Aren't there examples of people who were not engaged in committing crimes and resisting arrest when they were shot by police? Wouldn't logic dictate those be the cases people get excited about?

The scumbag in MO had already committed robbery and assault before he attacked the cop that day. 3 felonies before lunch, what a sweet boy.

Yes, how much ? :nana:

I have never had problems with the police.........never.

Some people believe confronting the police will make them leave. Now thats naive

I have never had a negative interaction with police either but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen to others. I know for a fact that it does to people who were just going about their day minding their own business.

That's the part I don't get. Aren't there examples of people who were not engaged in committing crimes and resisting arrest when they were shot by police? Wouldn't logic dictate those be the cases people get excited about?

The scumbag in MO had already committed robbery and assault before he attacked the cop that day. 3 felonies before lunch, what a sweet boy.

I must say, you're on a roll - in a good way for my taste. (If you want a good cause, I'd look to a choke hold in NYC before Ferguson. I don't know enough admittedly, but that's far more questionable at first glance.) To be clear, those saying the cop ran after him as the kid was running away is contrary to everything I've heard and read. The kid criminal left, then was coming BACK. But then, considering those facts the people of Ferguson wouldn't have such a splendid opportunity to burn down businesses and ruin livelihoods of people in their own community. And there'd be no free stuff! Free stuff is often the cure to moral injustice, I've noticed.

I have never had a negative interaction with police either but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen to others. I know for a fact that it does to people who were just going about their day minding their own business.

This is true, I am sure. It's completely wrong and it should NOT happen. But it helps to be innocent. I cannot overstate how important that is!

Thank you and I never took a swing at the police either.

Also, wrestling over a gun is not wise

My mamma never told me wrestling over a gun was unwise. I suppose that's because she thought if I knew enough to keep breathing in, then out, that gun stuff should be obvious. Maybe she was just a big believer in natural selection. Either way, that link is funny as hell.

What exactly is "harassment"? I mean, I'm sure that some of the people that I've stopped for seemingly minor violations announced to their friends that I harassed them because they didn't like getting a ticket. Just because someone says that they were harassed doesn't mean that they were. Just throwing that out there...

What exactly is "harassment"? I mean, I'm sure that some of the people that I've stopped for seemingly minor violations announced to their friends that I harassed them because they didn't like getting a ticket. Just because someone says that they were harassed doesn't mean that they were. Just throwing that out there...

My friend and I were "harassed" once in high school by the cops. They pulled us over just because we were driving slowly through a neighborhood primarily populated by people of a different race, and they accused us being there just to purchase drugs!

Never mind they were absolutely correct, it was really outrageous behavior!

I have never had problems with the police.........never.

Yeah...and Ed lived in three places in New Jersey, and was never attacked by a telephone pole.

I've never committed sexual assault...but I've still been questioned about and had a warrant issued for my arrest for a felony rape. And if that's not enough evidence for you that your "follow the law and you'll never see the police" line is nonsense, then look up the number of death row inmates that have their convictions overturned on examination of DNA evidence. It's not that I hate, or even mistrust, the police...but you are a singularly naive fool if you actually believe what you posted.

Ha! 12 year old black kid in Cleveland who was gunned down by police for playing with a toy gun -

"Playing with a gun" doesnt constitute shoving it in strangers faces in the park. Playing with a gun is like a few 12yr olds running around playing cops and robbers or cowboys and indians. Video I saw clearly shows the kid standing alone pointing the gun at random people walking by. Guess thats "playing" in the hood and theres the problem.

Used to be, if a kid were playing with a toy gun and a cop shot him, it was the kid's (or the parents') fault. That wasn't too long ago, either.

Don't know how it changed that police are supposed to "just know" when a gun is real or fake.

There was tons of conflicting evidence in the Michael Brown shooting, and one of the many points of conflict was whether or not he had his hands up at any time. So to suggest that the "hands up" protest is completely in error is wrong. One of the biggest problems some people have with the no indictment is that, as is commonly stated, a prosecutor can get an indictment against a ham sandwich if he or she desires and it was clear in this case that the approach the prosecutor took was very much out of the ordinary in that he focused on the exculpatory evidence rather than the evidence against Wilson. With that said, I actually agree that an indictment shouldn't have been handed down because there was no chance in hell Wilson would be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I just wish prosecutors would apply the same approach in all cases and avoid indictments on very marginal cases.

As for the demonization of Michael Brown, he was no angel but nothing he did was close to a capital offense, and he didn't deserve to be gunned down.

I must say, you're on a roll - in a good way for my taste. (If you want a good cause, I'd look to a choke hold in NYC before Ferguson. I don't know enough admittedly, but that's far more questionable at first glance.) To be clear, those saying the cop ran after him as the kid was running away is contrary to everything I've heard and read. The kid criminal left, then was coming BACK. But then, considering those facts the people of Ferguson wouldn't have such a splendid opportunity to burn down businesses and ruin livelihoods of people in their own community. And there'd be no free stuff! Free stuff is often the cure to moral injustice, I've noticed.

This is true, I am sure. It's completely wrong and it should NOT happen. But it helps to be innocent. I cannot overstate how important that is!

Being innocent certainly helps but it's not a panacea, as we know. While what happened in Ferguson has been ruled upon by the grand jury, people will retain plenty of questions that probably won't be answered. Things happen; cops do lie. The recent Cleveland case comes immediately to mind.

As for the demonization of Michael Brown, he was no angel but nothing he did was close to a capital offense, and he didn't deserve to be gunned down.

I am not sure about that. Strong arm robbery and then wanlking down the middle of the street... And if you believe it, attempting to take the power away from the police that have been entrusted to maintain order... That's capital in my book.

Comrade ( I say that affectionately, I lean left/progressive), it's the best system we have. I know it has warts, but no reason to blown it up hitching your wagon to this bad example to rally around.

There was tons of conflicting evidence in the Michael Brown shooting, and one of the many points of conflict was whether or not he had his hands up at any time. So to suggest that the "hands up" protest is completely in error is wrong. One of the biggest problems some people have with the no indictment is that, as is commonly stated, a prosecutor can get an indictment against a ham sandwich if he or she desires and it was clear in this case that the approach the prosecutor took was very much out of the ordinary in that he focused on the exculpatory evidence rather than the evidence against Wilson. With that said, I actually agree that an indictment shouldn't have been handed down because there was no chance in hell Wilson would be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I just wish prosecutors would apply the same approach in all cases and avoid indictments on very marginal cases.

Let's not forget that this "protest" isn't about police misconduct, it's about race. If Michael Brwn was white not one of these dirty bastards would give half a **** about this. And there's been no evidence whatsoever suggesting the cop's actions were racially motivated.

And this business of whether Michael Brown "deserved" to be killed is the dumbest point the double digit IQ crowd keeps throwing out. At no point in a self-defense analysis does the degree to which either party "deserved" to die come into the equation.

And what exactly is this "protest" aiming to change?

Edited by Rob's House

Speaking of which, whatever happened to Ed?

Moved to Philadelphia. Found out Philly telephone poles are right bastards.

There was tons of conflicting evidence in the Michael Brown shooting,

No, there were tons of conflicting witnesses. The evidence was pretty straightforward, which is why the grand jury didn't indict.

Why are we all worried about race relations in this country? I'm more worried about the level of stupid and naive. Its amazing how much people think they know when they nothing at all. Its amazing that people get their news in this day and age in 140 characters or less, or the likes on Jon F'Stewart.

Then again I get half my news from Robin Quivers. And both she and Stern said both of these cases were remarkably ridiculous and overblown. They're more liberal nuts then anyone here, too.

Sure, the grand jury in Ferguson came to the right conclusion, based on the information (erroneous and questionable as it may have been) that was provided. The prosecutor did a horrible job, and appears to have a conflict of interest in this case. Also, in a grand jury case, it is pretty unusual for a defendant to testify. Wilson got to spin his yarn. but the other guy is dead. Basically, the only information the grand jury was given was that which favored Wilsons' story.

I rarely agree with Al Sharpton, but think he is right in this case. An impartial, or "special prosecutor' should be assigned in cases that involve possible police prosecution.

Edited by Buftex