Mike Williams. Ugh. Just ugh.

YoloinOhio

He should shut up. He can't beat out the guys ahead of him so he whines. He is just a crybaby. If he was as good as some on this board think, TB wouldn't have given him up for a 6th.

Quick question: Who in their respective roles is more successful? WR Mike Williams formerly of TB who entered 2014 with 215 receptions, 2947 yards and 25 TD's? Or Doug Marrone, 13-15 as a NFL HC?

It was the Bills GM who made that trade, ostensibly without Marrone's input or direct conflict with the move. What does it say about a personnel department who acquires players the HC doesn't like?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question: Who in their respective roles is more successful? WR Mike Williams formerly of TB who entered 2014 with 215 receptions, 2947 yards and 25 TD's? Or Doug Marrone, 13-15 as a NFL HC?

It was the Bills GM who made that trade, ostensibly without Marrone's input or direct conflict with the move. What does it say about a personnel department who acquires players the HC doesn't like?

As far as I know, Mike Williams is not the HC. He's not "fighting the good fight" out there. Clearly, MW is too stupid to realize stuff like this works against him. Makes me think he's no great loss on the field.

Snide remarks to the press don't normally go over well with an HC who has a problem with bad attitudes.

Work hard and shut up. Period.

He did that for two months. Reporters approach him and ask questions that fans want to know the answers to.

I don't see anything he said as a snide remark unless he was just making up what just happened which I highly doubt. If he was scoring touchdowns in practice and guys started grabbing him from behind to stop him to the point he got hurt and has to listed on the injury report, I don't see what is so snide about saying I guess they don't like me scoring touchdowns.

It seems like Hogan took his job. Plain and simple. I wouldn't be looking for a Hasek/Nolan conspiracy angle. With the way Hogan has played who would you rather see in there? I'm sure the coaches know best, they know the locker room, they see the practices, they see who is working, and who isn't. I would think having depth at the WR position is a good thing, no?

He did that for two months. Reporters approach him and ask questions that fans want to know the answers to.

I don't see anything he said as a snide remark unless he was just making up what just happened which I highly doubt. If he was scoring touchdowns in practice and guys started grabbing him from behind to stop him to the point he got hurt and has to listed on the injury report, I don't see what is so snide about saying I guess they don't like me scoring touchdowns.

marrone knew he was getting a guy that might be a handful, and seemingly endorsed it --- if an offhand comment like MW made after months on the bench is grounds to not hit the field, marrones standards are stuck in the college "emperor of my campus" levels still.

while i agree MW is better off shutting up -- I also agree with you that i have been impressed by his ability to play it off non-confrontationally given the nature of the situation. if you told me this was going to happen 6 months ago i wouldve expected him to be a mess.

Snide remarks to the press don't normally go over well with an HC who has a problem with bad attitudes.

Work hard and shut up. Period.

This is exactly right. If Williams wants to play he should just shut up and go to work.

I do not have a problem with a head coach demanding consistent effort and team first attitude above all else. I think Marrone had been clear about this from the beginning. Despite the obvious issues they have had on offense, if you cannot see a significant difference in the attitude of this team, the togetherness, the competitiveness, then you are simply not paying attention or choosing to ignore it. We have not seen this here in a long time. If the price for that is a supposedly skilled player like Williams riding the pine, so be it. We may have all hoped Williams would change his approach with his new team, but clearly that has not happened. All mouth, no show.

As fo Urbik, we may never know, but I suspect this was also his issue. His play declined noticeably last year, and he showed nothing during training camp and preseason either. Lack of effort will get you benched on this team. Urbik is back in the lineup and playing better than he did at any point last season.

One other point. Remember Robert Woods getting dropped on the depth chart in preseason? How is that looking right now? He obviously got the message. Sadly, Williams is not.

It seems like Hogan took his job. Plain and simple. I wouldn't be looking for a Hasek/Nolan conspiracy angle. With the way Hogan has played who would you rather see in there?

Williams. Hogan isnt playing that good. He's screwing up as much as he is producing. Williams has proven, repeatedly, in real NFL games, that he does well the one thing we do the worst.

I'm sure the coaches know best, they know the locker room, they see the practices...

So all decisions the coaches make are correct? They never make mistakes? Explain Urbik. Explain Lee Smith. Explain Jeff Tuel.

I would think having depth at the WR position is a good thing, no?

If the players are in the right hierarchy, yes.

What if Jonas Gray said that?

This is exactly right. If Williams wants to play he should just shut up and go to work.

I do not have a problem with a head coach demanding consistent effort and team first attitude above all else. I think Marrone had been clear about this from the beginning. Despite the obvious issues they have had on offense, if you cannot see a significant difference in the attitude of this team, the togetherness, the competitiveness, then you are simply not paying attention or choosing to ignore it. We have not seen this here in a long time. If the price for that is a supposedly skilled player like Williams riding the pine, so be it. We may have all hoped Williams would change his approach with his new team, but clearly that has not happened. All mouth, no show.

Then you just haven't been watching Mike Williams. He's been helping the players all along that are in front of him and they have mentioned it. He's been off the bench congratulating guys and jumping up and down when they succeed. He's been working in practice. I asked Whaley flat out about him and Whaley said he has not been one problem whatsoever.

With the way Hogan has played who would you rather see in there?

hogan only has 1 game with a higher YPC than MWs career average. MW has been highly productive in the red zone as well.

hogan has been ok - but he hasnt played incredibly well.

Then you just haven't been watching Mike Williams. He's been helping the players all along that are in front of him and they have mentioned it. He's been off the bench congratulating guys and jumping up and down when they succeed. He's been working in practice. I asked Whaley flat out about him and Whaley said he has not been one problem whatsoever.

Whaley also told the media SJ13 would not be moved.

What if Jonas Gray said that?

Jonas Gray isn't on the Bills, I have no idea what he did other than show up late once, he had one good game instead of three good full seasons, and the Patriots don't have a gaping hole they need fixing without Jonas Gray.

As far as I know, Mike Williams is not the HC. He's not "fighting the good fight" out there. Clearly, MW is too stupid to realize stuff like this works against him. Makes me think he's no great loss on the field.

Yeah, if he were smarter he would have been scoring 18 TDs a year instead of 9. :wallbash:

You know, for a guy who is reportedly or allegedly a trouble maker, he's showing Hall of Fame restraint. I'm sure he is incensed inside. But he's not making a stink to the press and just mostly taking the high road. I am a calm guy overall but if I were him I imagine I would be a lot more vocal about my displeasure than he seems to be.

Maybe there is something we don't know. But I doubt he would say what he did is there was. Marrone and Hackett are really !@#$ing this up.

What did he say so bad? I think he's showing amazing restraint.

Better to collect that $100K per week and go into free agency(he will be cut obviously) as a current NFL player than a street free agent who has been out of the league. He could very easily end up competiting for a job in Montreal with Mucho Stinko next year if he gets cut for another indiscretion at this point.

Jonas Gray isn't on the Bills, I have no idea what he did other than show up late once, he had one good game instead of three good full seasons, and the Patriots don't have a gaping hole they need fixing without Jonas Gray.

Yeah, if he were smarter he would have been scoring 18 TDs a year instead of 9. :wallbash:

I must've missed Ridley not going down for injury. Silly me.

Really though, this isn't uncommon throughout the NFL.

Edited by FireChan

Whaley also told the media SJ13 would not be moved.

I don't think he ever said it that way. I assume he said, we have no intention of trading Stevie right now, or that Stevie remains in our plans, and that could well have been true at the time.

Besides, it's not at all the same thing. This was a private conversation. And no GM tells reporters that players are going to be traded, it hurts the bargaining power.

Better to collect that $100K per week and go into free agency(he will be cut obviously) as a current NFL player than a street free agent who has been out of the league. He could very easily end up competiting for a job in Montreal with Mucho Stinko next year if he gets cut for another indiscretion at this point.

But he didn't have anything resembling an indiscretion. :D

I don't think he ever said it that way. I assume he said, we have no intention of trading Stevie right now, or that Stevie remains in our plans, and that could well have been true at the time.

Besides, it's not at all the same thing. This was a private conversation. And no GM tells reporters that players are going to be traded, it hurts the bargaining power.

I think you're inflating an answer Whaley gave to you. Why admit someone has been problem if he's possibly going to be traded, even to some Bills fan? Doesn't that hurt his value?