Where's the confidence?!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather is going to be in the 50's, so I doubt Peyton's hands will go numb unless it is from too many high-fives for his TD passes. The Bronco's are averaging 34 points per game. Our offense is bad. I don't see any way we can put up enough points to keep up. We'll see.

I didn't say I expect them to win.

I hate the offense. But to act like it's a one in a million upset, or that Denver is some kind of unbeatable team is ridiculous. The Bills defense is really f*****g good, it wouldn't take a miracle to win this one game. To beat the Broncos, Pack, and Pats....that's a miracle.

Edited by HoF Watkins

This game will test the mettle of all concerned on Buffalo's side of the Ball. Right to up to Kim.

I expect a don't quit attitude against a supposedly insurmountable achievement.

A win ! Oh i will be rooting hard for this have no doubt fellow fans .

But my thing is this. If the Bills can look competent and nevergiveup. And then lose as predicted , I will be a proud Bills fan Sunday.

always always say it

Biggest game of the year.

This sunday,

Be there.

Or be square.

the choice is up to you

The question wont be whether we will be competitive or not. The question is:

Which player will make a bonehead move ( Mckelvin vs Pats, Mckelvin vs Chiefs, Wide Right Norton, Music Miracle, 55 yarder Dallas vs Bills on Monday night, Tuel Interception vs Chiefs, SJ13 vs Pittsburgh, SJ13 vs Falcons, etc....) that will cost the Bills the game.

THE BOOK HAS BEEN WRITTEN OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

The Bills defense is very good. The Offense is not. They have a tendency to fumble/ throw INTs ( as of late) , and lack a quality OC that can draw up red zone plays/ call them with great feel for the game. Oh, and our QB is decidedly average. That is not going to get it done vs Broncos, ergo the lack of said confidence.

I agree i have no clue why no one has any faith. Not saying we will win. But this would be less shocking to me than beating Chicago week 1. And let's not forget we did find a way to beat Detroit on the road also.

Trust me when i say this half assed cj anderson that the media created aint runnin all over our defense. We will atleast keep it close till

The 2nd half. I have very little faith our offense will show up however. Keep mike williams on the bench haha.

How about an onside kick and a fake punt and or field goal at some point?

Edited by Estelle Getty

I've been reading through some prediction posts here at OBD as well as TSW threads.

Doesn't seem like the media nor alot of my fellow posters give us much of a chance Sunday.

I can tell y'all this, and if I'm wrong and we get blown out, I'll come back Monday and eat all the crow you wanna throw at me:

No need to eat crow. The media don't want to appear to be out of their minds for picking a team that, on paper, they believe has no chance to win. (Except Ditka, who's awesome.) After 14 years of no-playoff football, it's a hell of a lot easier and safer for a Bills fan to take a fatalistic approach, pile up the sandbags, and come out with "Well, I hope they win, but [insert masses of O and D data, in-depth analysis, "I'm not a homer," etc.] here. Many of them have never seen the Bills have a winning season, so I cannot blame them.

I think it is safe to assume that just about everyone on here, save for a few trolls, are passionate Bills fans. Everyone deals with that in a different way and there no right or wrong. If someone wants to assert that "just because I think Hackett is a _____, it doesn't mean that I'm not a fan," fine. If someone (like me) wants to follow the team for 48 years and yell at a TV screen hundreds of miles from The Ralph and end every season with, "Next year they'll put it together," that doesn't make me any more or any less a fan. If you love this team and want to B word about the coaching, players, stadium, go for it. If you love this team and want to do the opposite, go for it.

If I see "Go Bills!" at the end of a post, I don't care what the person has written--I know they feel the same way I do about this team. No crow. No apologies. No regrets. GO BILLS!!!!

Edited by Rivermont Mike

No need to eat crow. The media don't want to appear to be out of their minds for picking a team that, on paper, they believe has no chance to win. (Except Ditka, who's awesome.) After 14 years of no-playoff football, it's a hell of a lot easier and safer for a Bills fan to take a fatalistic approach, pile up the sandbags, and come out with "Well, I hope they win, but [insert masses of O and D data, in-depth analysis, "I'm not a homer," etc.] here. Many of them have never seen the Bills have a winning season, so I cannot blame them.

I think it is safe to assume that just about everyone on here, save for a few trolls, are passionate Bills fans. Everyone deals with that in a different way and there no right or wrong. If someone wants to assert that "just because I think Hackett is a _____, it doesn't mean that I'm not a fan," fine. If someone (like me) wants to follow the team for 48 years and yell at a TV screen hundreds of miles from The Ralph and end every season with, "Next year they'll put it together," that doesn't make me any more or any less a fan. If you love this team and want to B word about the coaching, players, stadium, go for it. If you love this team and want to do the opposite, go for it.

If I see "Go Bills!" at the end of a post, I don't care what the person has written--I know they feel the same way I do about this team. No crow. No apologies. No regrets. GO BILLS!!!!

GREAT post!

I'm not fatalistic, and not crapping on your picnic table. The Bills have an awesome defense that Ryan Frickin Tannehill just beat. Nowhere in the depths of my wildest hopes do I think we have a chance on Sunday, Denver's defense is infinitely better than that of the Dolphags, and this game will sadly look a lot like a 38 - 13 type of loss. The Bills offensive struggles will not magically disappear on the road, in Denver, against Von Miller Et-Al, this Sunday.

Lord only knows how badly I do not want this to be true, but in reality, will anyone here please tell me with all sincerity that you honestly think they have a shot? And that's a crow sandwich i will gladly, and publicly eat in my very own thread if I'm wrong and the Bills win.

I grew up in a neighborhood across from the old Pierce-Arrow plant, lived and breathed the chilled air of every Buffalo Blizzard, attended every single 80s - 90s era playoff game, and even had to choke back my rage and anger as i walked back to my car that fateful day in Nashville. Yes I was there. But I won't make any apologies for not blindly drinking the cool-aid right now.

but will they carry Kyle off the field and declare him the King of Denver?

Please say yes.

Thinking that they're not going to win doesn't make you any less of a fan. Hoping they don't does. I hate that kind of mouth breather mentality.

If the Bills do somehow pull it off, anyone that comes on here at about 7:30pm on Sunday and says that they're not surprised is a liar or clinically insane.

Which player will make a bonehead move ( Mckelvin vs Pats, Mckelvin vs Chiefs, Wide Right Norton, Music Miracle, 55 yarder Dallas vs Bills on Monday night, Tuel Interception vs Chiefs, SJ13 vs Pittsburgh, SJ13 vs Falcons, etc....) that will cost the Bills the game.

Why so Negative ..... lol

IF you look at it this way....

All of those players are no longer on the team or injured or wont see the field this time. Just saying ....

McKelvin - injured

Norwood - old news

music miracle - all players gone

55 yarder, the play that turned it was McKelvins Fumble in that game

Tuel - not playing 3rd string

Stevie - dropping passes with the 49ers.

Championship !

Well I really want the Bills to win Sunday and I will be rooting for them too do just that. But I believe our defense will hold the Payton and the boys too 21 points. But our Offense will only score around 10 points. But I really hope I am dead wrong on this. As always GO BILLS !!!!!!!!

do you always carry around an umbrella, waiting for it to rain?