Where's the confidence?!

I've been reading through some prediction posts here at OBD as well as TSW threads.

Doesn't seem like the media nor alot of my fellow posters give us much of a chance Sunday.

I can tell y'all this, and if I'm wrong and we get blown out, I'll come back Monday and eat all the crow you wanna throw at me: This is NOT the same Broncos team from last year! Yes, the media would like them to be, etc. etc. etc.

Number 3 in meaningless power rankings, yada yada yada. Has anybody watched their games this year?! Off the top of my head, i can count two, maybe three where Peyton Manning ACTUALLY looked like Peyton Manning. There's a blueprint for beating this team Sunday: Stop CJ Anderson, make them one dimensional and Knock Peyton around...we've been good most of the year against the run...and, oh yeah...we lead the damn league in sacks but a ton! Manning cant move. I guess my biggest concern would be the guy that's done nothing but own us over the years, and that's Wes Welker. He should be focus #1 in film study all week!

Secondly, yes I know the offense has sucked the last few weeks. But if Orton does what he was brought here to do, manage the game, and we can get even SOMEWHAT creative playcalling offensively (HACKETT!), I think our odds are better than most think. I mean, when's the last time a bills team hasnt been below .500 this far into the year?

BILLS 26

BRONCOS 23

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Peyton separates a shoulder when Dareus and Kyle fall on him in the first quarter and Brock Osweiller comes in. You know him, the backup QB who never gets any reps in practice because Peyton wants them all.

If Peyton were my QB and our team was in the SB conversation every year I'd let Peyton have as many reps as he wanted. It's not like the guy is injury prone.

They've only been held below 29 points scored Twice this year. I think Peyton is just fine. This is going to be a tough game. The only chance I see if either for the Offense to score a ridiculous amount of points (which is unlikely). Or for the defense to get several turnovers and score at least one TD of their own.

Damn straight! You want to be the best you have to beat the best. or to quote Coach Boone from Remember the Titans:

"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz... all... night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!"

I've been reading through some prediction posts here at OBD as well as TSW threads.

Doesn't seem like the media nor alot of my fellow posters give us much of a chance Sunday.

I can tell y'all this, and if I'm wrong and we get blown out, I'll come back Monday and eat all the crow you wanna throw at me: This is NOT the same Broncos team from last year! Yes, the media would like them to be, etc. etc. etc.

Number 3 in meaningless power rankings, yada yada yada. Has anybody watched their games this year?! Off the top of my head, i can count two, maybe three where Peyton Manning ACTUALLY looked like Peyton Manning. There's a blueprint for beating this team Sunday: Stop CJ Anderson, make them one dimensional and Knock Peyton around...we've been good most of the year against the run...and, oh yeah...we lead the damn league in sacks but a ton! Manning cant move. I guess my biggest concern would be the guy that's done nothing but own us over the years, and that's Wes Welker. He should be focus #1 in film study all week!

Secondly, yes I know the offense has sucked the last few weeks. But if Orton does what he was brought here to do, manage the game, and we can get even SOMEWHAT creative playcalling offensively (HACKETT!), I think our odds are better than most think. I mean, when's the last time a bills team hasnt been below .500 this far into the year?

BILLS 26

BRONCOS 23

It's not that I don't think the Bills are capable of beating the Broncos. It's that I don't think they are capable of winning enough games to make the playoffs, so even if they win this one, it won't mean much.

I'm guessing most fans feel that way.

This Broncos team isn't "out of their league", so I wouldn't be shocked if the Bills win.

The confidence went out the window when we watched the offense over the past 4 weeks. They're going to have to play 100% better for the Bills to have a chance on Sunday. Denver's defense is ranked even better than ours, so we'll see.

100% of zero is still zero. Kidding aside....I think the Bills do stand a chance this week! Go Bills!!

This Broncos team isn't "out of their league", so I wouldn't be shocked if the Bills win.

I strongly disagree with this. The Broncos are about as far out of the Bills league as any team in the NFL. If the Bills win this game, it will be a fantastic upset and an amazing accomplishment. I am not expecting it to happen.

I strongly disagree with this. The Broncos are about as far out of the Bills league as any team in the NFL. If the Bills win this game, it will be a fantastic upset and an amazing accomplishment. I am not expecting it to happen.

Any team in the NFL can win against any opponent.

There are plenty of examples throughout NFL history of heavy underdogs beating top teams. Especially an underdog with the kind of defense the Bills have. It's a top ranked defense, that could set the record for Most Sacks in a Season, playing in the cold against a 38 year old QB who has had neck surgery, and gets numb hands in the cold, that lost to the Rams and eked out a win against the Dolphins a couple weeks ago.

A few bad bounces, penalties, a dropped pass on a 3rd down...there are plenty of ways the better team can lose.

The Bills aren't some joke team. It would be a nice win, but not some unfathomable upset.

I expect the Bills to win one of the 3 tough games left. That is about where they are to me. A middle of the pack, flawed team, with some really good strengths, that if they played 4 elite teams, would get a win in one of them.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Any team in the NFL can win against any opponent.

There are plenty of examples throughout NFL history of heavy underdogs beating top teams. Especially an underdog with the kind of defense the Bills have. It's a top ranked defense, that could set the record for Most Sacks in a Season, playing in the cold against a 38 year old QB who has had neck surgery, and gets numb hands in the cold, and that lost to the Rams and eked out a win against the Dolphins a couple weeks ago.

A few good bounces, penalties, a dropped pass on a 3rd down...there are plenty of ways the better team can lose.

The Bills aren't some joke team. It would be a nice win, but not some unfathomable upset.

I expect the Bills to win one of the 3 tough games left. That is about where they are to me. A middle of the pack, flawed team, with some really good strengths, that if they played 4 elite teams, would get a win in one of them.

The weather is going to be in the 50's, so I doubt Peyton's hands will go numb unless it is from too many high-fives for his TD passes. The Bronco's are averaging 34 points per game. Our offense is bad. I don't see any way we can put up enough points to keep up. We'll see.

I'd very much like to think we can come out and play our best game of the year on Sunday because that's what it's gonna take. But this team has failed every major test (read: games against good teams) this season while letting others (Houston, KC) get away from them. If they collectively decide they've had enough of that, I'll give them a chance. I'm just not convinced, as much as I'd like to be. That's not lack of confidence so much as just basing things on what I've seen up to this point.

GO BILLS!!!