Stop Emmanuel Sanders!

1B4IDie

So I've perused the strings and there seems to be very little attention to the Broncos Secret Weapon, Emmanuel Sanders.

Yes Demaryius Thomas is a great WR, yes Julius Thomas is a beast TE, but a lot of NFL teams have a great WR and a beast TE.

The key to the Broncos offense is Emmanuel Sanders.

I'm concerned that the Bills have no answer for him.

Just to make this clear Emmanuel Sanders is number 2 in the NFL with 57 competitions for First Downs! 57! I don't know if the Bills have 57 First downs on the season as an offense.

Sanders is #4 in Receiving yards and #3 in Catches over 20 yards (19) (DT has 20 so watch out for Big Gainers) Emmanuel Sanders is quietly having one of the best years of any WR in the NFL. http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingFirstDowns

When the Bills get pressure on Manning, Manning is not going to be looking for JT or DT he is going to be looking at Emmanuel Sanders in the slot on a hot route. Who the hell is going to cover Emmanuel Sanders? Seriously? What is the game plan here? Put Robey on him in man?

Obviously Demaryius Thomas is going to get his, he is an amazing WR. If Emmanuel Sanders has 8 catches for 110 yards and 6 First Downs on top of whatever DT and JT are going to do, the game will be a blowout.

Stop Emmanuel Sanders!

So I've perused the strings and there seems to be very little attention to the Broncos Secret Weapon, Emmanuel Sanders.

Yes Demaryius Thomas is a great WR, yes Julius Thomas is a beast TE, but a lot of NFL teams have a great WR and a beast TE.

The key to the Broncos offense is Emmanuel Sanders.

I'm concerned that the Bills have no answer for him.

Just to make this clear Emmanuel Sanders is number 2 in the NFL with 57 competitions for First Downs! 57! I don't know if the Bills have 57 First downs on the season as an offense.

Sanders is #4 in Receiving yards and #3 in Catches over 20 yards (19) (DT has 20 so watch out for Big Gainers) Emmanuel Sanders is quietly having one of the best years of any WR in the NFL. http://espn.go.com/n...ivingFirstDowns

When the Bills get pressure on Manning, Manning is not going to be looking for JT or DT he is going to be looking at Emmanuel Sanders in the slot on a hot route. Who the hell is going to cover Emmanuel Sanders? Seriously? What is the game plan here? Put Robey on him in man?

Obviously Demaryius Thomas is going to get his, he is an amazing WR. If Emmanuel Sanders has 8 catches for 110 yards and 6 First Downs on top of whatever DT and JT are going to do, the game will be a blowout.

Stop Emmanuel Sanders!

Pretty sure the coaches and players are aware.

Right? He went late in one of my drafts. I was shocked he was available in the 10th round

I picked him up late in my FF draft too and he's one of the reasons I am in first place. The timing of this game works out as it's the first week of our playoffs and I won my division and thus have a bye so I can fully pull for the Bills to totally shut him down.

I actually think Gilmore is a very good matchup for d Thomas with their respective size and speed.

I think j Thomas if health and sanders will tear us apart if we play purely matchups.

However our CBs have simply been playing sides recently so maybe they will just continue to do that

Lots of weapons, I assume they will play them similar to Chicago. We were down a CB in that game as we are now. Good news is Preston has improved in coverage since week 1. Bad news is Manning ain't Cutler.

If the plan is covering Sanders with Preston Brown they can just pack up and go home now. Sanders would shred a LB.

If the plan is covering Sanders with Preston Brown they can just pack up and go home now. Sanders would shred a LB.

ha. No. He can, however, help with the TE who I assume will be AW's responsibility. He was doing that with Bennett in week 1, which is what I meant. Bradham is better in coverage but I'd consider blitzing him sometimes. Gilmore and Graham on the WRs with help from Searcy. Robey on Welker in slot. If they man to man I would put Gilmore on sanders. Better route runner. Graham on DT. Edited by YoloinOhio

The Bills need to simply play their game. Yes, the CBs play their respective sides but the real trick is disguising coverages. This is where the safeties get involved. The Bills DBs have recently been communicating a lot lately. The QB is looking for one on one matchups. The safeties will pretend to be rolling coverage one way and then go another so they can disrupt a play or get an interception. The communications presnap allows the DBs to mix things up and catch the QB off guard. Add in that the pass rush is so good and often the QB will toss some passes completely off the mark or float the ball leaving the DBs a chance to make a play on the ball.

Our DBs have done a nice job of handing off a receiver to another DB. This allows the underneath guy to cut toward a potential play on the ball. It's resulted in some interceptions.

When you watch Manning, he audibles a lot. Many think it is to draw an off sides or confuse the DL, but really he is trying to catch a glimpse of where coverage might be rolling. This only works against the D if they let it though. Recently, the DBs have been adjusting to QB tendencies and have done a nice job of making a play on the ball. It's all about catching the QB making a bad read.

I honestly think our defense can do some things to confuse Denver's offense. This game will be a good test for the Bills.

Edited by Rockinon