CFB Conference Championship games/CFB playoff

YoloinOhio

Anyone else have a vested interest or a big fan of one of these teams? Huge Playoff implications.

1 Bama 2 Oregon 3 TCU 4 FSU

5 OSU 6 Baylor

12/5 PAC 12 championship

Arizona v Oregon 10pm

12/6 SEC championship

Missouri v Alabama 4:00pm

12/6 Big 10 championship

Wisconsin v Ohio State 8:17pm

12/6 ACC championship

FSU v Georgia tech 8:00pm

If you don't have a rooting interest and don't hate OSU or me... Please send good vibes to the Bucks and our 3rd string QB!!!!!!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never would have thought it possible, but I'm actually rooting for FSU now just since the NCAA so desperately hates them for no valid reason.

yep. I'm not an FSU fan and I think jamies is a tool but it's ridiculous that they have them 4th. Yeah, if everything holds this weekend they are in the playoff but that spot makes them play Bama in NO. Unfair. They haven't looked "great" but they have not lost in 2 yrs, they get every teams best shot, and are the defending national champs. It is very difficult to get a group of college kids to perform with that level of consistency.

Anyone else have a vested interest or a big fan of one of these teams? Huge Playoff implications.

5 OSU 6 Baylor

12/5 PAC 12 championship

Arizona v Oregon 10pm

12/6 SEC championship

12/6 Big 10 championship

12/6 ACC championship

If you don't have a rooting interest and don't hate OSU or me... Please send good vibes to the Bucks and our 3rd string QB!!!!!!!!

I think you know where I stand on that.

I really respect gardner and funchess. They showed great class to JT.

Yeah, that was a great move on their part. And once again Michigan showed up when they played Ohio State.

The final score is very deceiving, that was a tight contest.

So now, onto finding a new head coach. I feel bad for Hoke. Good riddance Devin Gardner. Sorry, I thought you had real potential, but you were just bad.

I don't know if they are going to go after Harbaugh. If they do the big obstacle would be getting him out of the Bay Area, where Harbaugh and his family love living.

As you pointed out before, Jim Harbaugh Vs. Urban Meyer would be so delicious.

As for the topic at hand, I'm kind of hoping that all the top teams lose in their conference championships, because it would amuse me. I would love to see the committee panic over this whole thing. I guess if that happened, Texas Christian would be the #1 seed?

Yeah, that was a great move on their part. And once again Michigan showed up when they played Ohio State.

So now, onto finding a new head coach. I feel bad for Hoke. Good riddance Devin Gardner. Sorry, I thought you had real potential, but you were just bad.

I don't know if they are going to go after Harbaugh. If they do the big obstacle would be getting him out of the Bay Area, where Harbaugh and his family love living.

As for the topic at hand, I'm kind of hoping that all the top teams lose in their conference championships, because it would amuse me. I would love to see the committee panic over this whole thing. I guess if that happened, Texas Christian would be the #1 seed?

it would be mass chaos if Bama or Oregon lose. OSU will probably lose so doesn't matter. Baylor is the wild card, since they... Beat TCU! I don't get why they are 3 spots below. They played the same schedule, only difference was TCU played minn and Baylor played UB. Baylor won h2h.

UM just needs complete overhaul. I think they will attract a good coach. Jim Harbaugh would be great but the interim AD says he doesn't need a "Michigan man"? They can pay a lot though. Les Miles??

Edited by YoloinOhio

I never would have thought it possible, but I'm actually rooting for FSU now just since the NCAA so desperately hates them for no valid reason.

I think ESPN hates them because they are not in the SEC. Here is something interesting, last weekend the ACC beat the SEC 4-0. The SEC this season has a LOOSING record against other conferences.

it would be mass chaos if Bama or Oregon lose. OSU will probably lose so doesn't matter. Baylor is the wild card, since they... Beat TCU! I don't get why they are 3 spots below. They played the same schedule, only difference was TCU played minn and Baylor played UB. Baylor won h2h.

UM just needs complete overhaul. I think they will attract a good coach. Jim Harbaugh would be great but the interim AD says he doesn't need a "Michigan man"? They can pay a lot though. Les Miles??

would be funny to see either Tressel or Pelini at Michigan!

Edited by RyanC883

I think ESPN hates them because they are not in the SEC. Here is something interesting, last weekend the ACC beat the SEC 4-0. The SEC this season has a LOOSING record against other conferences.

Is that right? Losin record non conference? Wow I did not know that, seems impossible.

Anyway, the FCS is all about that action boss.

Richmond-Coastal Carolina Saturday.....get your laptops fired up for ESPN3....

Sorry man but TCU plays a horrible Iowa State this week. They should roll. There is noway after bumping them to 3 that if both TCU & Ohio State win they could bump TCU out & put OSU in. The team that has the biggest complaint right now I believe is Baylor for the simple fact they are in the same conference as TCU, played basically the same schedule(I know TCU is clinging to that big Minnesota win) & they beat TCU. So why are they ranked below them? Of the top 4 teams I think you are going to have to route for Alabama, Oregon or FSU to lose for Ohio State o get in. One of 2 of those teams I could see losing this week. I do think Bama will roll over Missouri. I actually think OSU is going to lose to Wisky anyways so it may not matter.

Sorry man but TCU plays a horrible Iowa State this week. They should roll. There is noway after bumping them to 3 that if both TCU & Ohio State win they could bump TCU out & put OSU in. The team that has the biggest complaint right now I believe is Baylor for the simple fact they are in the same conference as TCU, played basically the same schedule(I know TCU is clinging to that big Minnesota win) & they beat TCU. So why are they ranked below them? Of the top 4 teams I think you are going to have to route for Alabama, Oregon or FSU to lose for Ohio State o get in. One of 2 of those teams I could see losing this week. I do think Bama will roll over Missouri. I actually think OSU is going to lose to Wisky anyways so it may not matter.

not worried about getting into playoff. Just want to win Big 10. My point was TCU shouldn't be ranked ahead of FSU or Baylor.

would be funny to see either Tressel or Pelini at Michigan!

tress would never do that but I do think he will coach again. Currently president of YSU. Reportedly, Nebraska is talking to Bielema...

5 OSU 6 Baylor

12/5 PAC 12 championship

Arizona v Oregon 10pm

12/6 SEC championship

12/6 Big 10 championship

12/6 ACC championship

I think this year in particular demonstrates why an expanded playoff system is a poor idea.

If we were under the same two team System as 2013. You would know the Championship game would be Bama and whoever didn't screw up out of Oregon/FSU.

Not one person would expect TCU, Baylor (no offense) Ohio State or any of those other teams a shot at the Championship. They don't deserve it.

The story would be is FSU going to get screwed because of their schedule?

Now the story is that 4th spot. Whoever doesn't get in doesn't deserve a chance at the championship in my opinion because any team outside of FSU, Oregon, and 'Bama are pretenders that don't deserve a shot. I don't like this at all.

It basically makes Bama play an unnecessary game and if FSU stays in 4th its even more of a travesty because it seems like they're doing that just to have a regional game.

I'd rather see less teams than more.

Have #3 play #2 for the right to play #1.

Screw #4-8, you're not worthy of a championship.

Edited by Why So Serious?

smoke and mirrors, ranking really mean squat,committee is only looking at the bottom line best match up to generate the most $$$$$$,i's all about the GREEN :thumbsup:

doesnt it seem like they would leave TCU out of the top 4 then? Not a big brand. And it would be justified. They don't have a conf champ, so if they were 5th or lower they wouldn't be able to move up unless someone lost. I do think if OSU were able to beat Wisconsin very convincingly with their 3rd string QB they would have a chance to jump TCU. That would be impressive, as he has never taken a meaningful snap prior to this game. They would need to win by like 3 or more TDs though and not all the points scored at the end. Like completely control the game and contain gordon. Not likely.

hearing big time Schiano rumors to M...

Yes, but I bet they won all their out of conference games against East Alabama A&M, Georgia State and Northeast Florida Bible College.

Now the ESPN bullsh-- is all about the SEC West and oh isn't it amazing when you ignore all the crappy teams in the conference!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.