CFB Conference Championship games/CFB playoff

YoloinOhio

1% chance it is on the up and up and up... 99% chance WI "fell on the sword" for their school and The Big Ten after being down big.

Or there is another scandel brewing and The Big Ten, WI and NCAA are in cahoots... Once a criminal always criminal. OSU followed by PSU are the Conference ring leaders.

It behooves The NCAA to bring back OSU from a money standpoint... Watch, same thing will happen in Happy Valley.

:-O

Can you say the whole system is rigged even worse no... Bring in the black helos! ;-P

tin foil hat still going strong?

Are you aware that there was no criminal activity involved in the players selling their own jerseys/rings? It was an NCAA rule they broke. Tressel then lied to the NCAA that he didn't know they were doing it. Where are you coming up with the "convicted felon" and "criminal activity" stuff?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tin foil hat still going strong?

Yep!

@ least if they are going to be whores,, act like classy whore... Big Ten's slip was sure showing!

The NCAA, OSU, the ball of wax is as sticky and dirty as lint rolling through grease. Big money, big school, big payout.

I think it was even you that said they would get in because of the $$$ innvolved.

It is what it is... Enjoy!

Yep!

@ least if they are going to be whores,, act like classy whore... Big Ten's slip was sure showing!

The NCAA, OSU, the ball of wax is as sticky and dirty as lint rolling through grease. Big money, big school, big payout.

I think it was even you that said they would get in because of the $$$ innvolved.

It is what it is... Enjoy!

No, I didn't say that. You indicated that they were "trying to be relevant" and I said that their relevance is part of what got them in. I didn't reference money. Relevance meaning they have a 2x National Champion HC and have the most BCS Bowl wins (6) of any program. They also went undefeated in 2012 and would have played ND in the NC game instead of Bama if it were not for the bowl ban that year. They have talent and coaching to compete at that level. Baylor got raked by UCF in their one and only BCS bowl last year, allowing 52 pts. TCU was 4-8 last year and had no good wins this year. They were hanging their hat on Minnesota as their only top 25 win, yet Minn was not in the top 25 the final week after they lost to Winsconsin. These programs need to either schedule better, win some big games, get a conf championship game, or TCU needs to not give up 61 pts and 700 yards of offense in their loss.

No team that lost to Virginia Tech at home should be in the playoffs.

The CF committee's criteria cared more about who the teams beat than who they lost to. I didn't think they would get in after the loss either, but the committee watched the games. They utilized a ton of factors as to how the teams evolved throughout the year and variables that contibuted to why and when the teams lost. It is obvious when you see FSU ranked 3rd instead of 1st. You may not agree with the process and criteria, but that is the system now. Edited by YoloinOhio

Bad break for Ducks

@Rand_Getlin: Sources: #Oregon CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu suffered what is believed to be a serious knee injury in practice yesterday. Concern it's a torn ACL.

What was your take on the WI coach (Andersen) suddenly leaving? Gift from the God's? ;-P ;-P

I betcha he had his team really prepped inbetween making sure his wife ordered the right moving van.

;-) ;-)

What was your take on the WI coach (Andersen) suddenly leaving? Gift from the God's? ;-P ;-P

I betcha he had his team really prepped inbetween making sure his wife ordered the right moving van.

;-) ;-)

ha. He didn't like Wisconsin admission standards or the fact they pay their assistants nada. He's a west coast guy too.

;-P

Not talking about that... Betcha he had his team really prepped to play OSU... ;-P ;-P

These things don't just happen over night. ;-)

i think they got beat. It is what it is. They got beat because they don't have the same level of players or coaches. Sorry. OSU will probably be dealt the same card by Bama on 1/1. Let's hope it's a little bit closer.

i think they got beat. It is what it is. They got beat because they don't have the same level of players or coaches. Sorry. OSU will probably be dealt the same card by Bama on 1/1. Let's hope it's a little bit closer.

Yeah, likely explanation now that The Big Ten and OSU's bankroll is bigger than than the Big 12's and TexasChristianUniversity/Baylor... Whatever gets you to the big game and whoever makes the most!

Something is foul in the new system and it is worse than it ever was.

Sorry for being cynical.

Yeah, likely explanation now that The Big Ten and OSU's bankroll is bigger than than the Big 12's and TexasChristianUniversity/Baylor... Whatever gets you to the big game and whoever makes the most!

Now?

When was the last time the Big12 was ever a bigger money maker than the Big10?

Something is foul in the new system and it is worse than it ever was.

Sorry for being cynical.

All of this because OSU got in over TCU or Baylor?

Why don't you come out and explain it.

Who's a part of this conspiracy?

What roles did they play?

How does each conspiracy member benefit?

Now?

When was the last time the Big12 was ever a bigger money maker than the Big10?

All of this because OSU got in over TCU or Baylor?

Why don't you come out and explain it.

Who's a part of this conspiracy?

What roles did they play?

How does each conspiracy member benefit?

The first part: That is exactly my point

Your screen name is: Cynical. One would think you'd be behind me... ;-)

To answer your question(s).

1. Now selection is purely subjective. @ least with the previous polls/rankings every week, it (BCS Championship game) had a little bit of objectiveness to whole thing. They've taken that out and now selection is @ the whim of a selection committee.

2. $$$

3. $$$

The first part: That is exactly my point

Your screen name is: Cynical. One would think you'd be behind me... ;-)

I have my own issues, especially in regards to the corrupt POS known as the NCAA.

But that's a rant for another thread.

To answer your question(s).

1. Now selection is purely subjective. @ least with the previous polls/rankings every week, it (BCS Championship game) had a little bit of objectiveness to whole thing. They've taken that out and now

selection is @ the whim of a selection committee.

Well, you didn't answer this one. Again, who are the members of this conspiracy?

You have implied the Selection Committee, the NCAA, the Big 10 conference, Ohio State University, and the University of Wisconsin. Anybody else?

I'm just trying to figure out how big this thing is.

2. $$$

Another non-answer.

For each member of the conspiracy, what are their roles?

You have implied Wisconsin purposely tanked a game. Were the players aware of this?

Who's running the show and calling the shots?

3. $$$

So, every member of the conspiracy gets money? Or just some of them?

If they didn't get any money, what other benefit did they receive?

I have my own issues, especially in regards to the corrupt POS known as the NCAA.

But that's a rant for another thread.

Well, you didn't answer this one. Again, who are the members of this conspiracy?

You have implied the Selection Committee, the NCAA, the Big 10 conference, Ohio State University, and the University of Wisconsin. Anybody else?

I'm just trying to figure out how big this thing is.

Another non-answer.

For each member of the conspiracy, what are their roles?

You have implied Wisconsin purposely tanked a game. Were the players aware of this?

Who's running the show and calling the shots?

So, every member of the conspiracy gets money? Or just some of them?

If they didn't get any money, what other benefit did they receive?

I see what you are trying to do. You can't put that much order, control, and management into a tacit conspiracy:

"The Realities of Tacit Conspiracies

Tacit Conspiracy Of Complicity - Simplified:

While walking to work each day, I had to cross a stream. I tossed a

rock in to step on and help myself cross each day, on the way to and from work.

Others saw this and did the same. We never discussed it or talked about it.

It was a tacit conspiracy of complicity.

Most of us never imagined that we would create a damn (sic) that would flood our

community and kill so many people.

But the few that did realize the impending disaster, set about preparing to

profit off of the coming tragedy, rather than attempt to prevent it. And what

is even worse, are the "measures" they took to keep the information

concealed so the disaster could not be avoided and they could

"make a killing", in profits."

I see what you are trying to do. You can't put that much order, control, and management into a tacit conspiracy:

And I see what you are trying to do.

You did not like or agree with the outcome. From your point of view, it doesn't make sense.

So, create a conspiracy to explain it.

"The Realities of Tacit Conspiracies

Tacit Conspiracy Of Complicity - Simplified:

While walking to work each day, I had to cross a stream. I tossed a

rock in to step on and help myself cross each day, on the way to and from work.

Others saw this and did the same. We never discussed it or talked about it.

It was a tacit conspiracy of complicity.

Most of us never imagined that we would create a damn (sic) that would flood our

community and kill so many people.

And this is where you conspiracy theory falls apart ...

But the few that did realize the impending disaster, set about preparing to

profit off of the coming tragedy, rather than attempt to prevent it.

Somebody somewhere knows whats going on.

You implied it in your own conspiracy. Here's your post from earlier in the thread:

Maybe WI threw the game so a Big Ten team could crack into the playoff.

LoL... You never know. NCAA is friggan rigged, big money everywhere. Maybe WI will get some kickback.

;-P ;-P

1. "Maybe WI threw the game so a Big Ten team could crack into the playoff".

• This benefits Wisconsin how?
  • Who on the team is involved? Coaches, players, etc ...? Games just don't "throw" themselves.

2. "Maybe WI will get some kickback".

• Where's the money coming from?
  • Who's manipulating this?
  • Who's receiving the money?

3. "NCAA is friggan rigged, big money everywhere".

You do realize the NCAA has very little control over FBS (f/k/a Div 1-A) post season football.

The only thing the NCAA can do is bar a player or team from playing in the post season.

Even then, they have to have a reason, even it's complete BS.

The NCAA gains nothing from OSU playing in the post season.

And I see what you are trying to do.

You did not like or agree with the outcome. From your point of view, it doesn't make sense.

So, create a conspiracy to explain it.

And this is where you conspiracy theory falls apart ...

Somebody somewhere knows whats going on.

You implied it in your own conspiracy. Here's your post from earlier in the thread:

1. "Maybe WI threw the game so a Big Ten team could crack into the playoff".

• This benefits Wisconsin how?
  • Who on the team is involved? Coaches, players, etc ...? Games just don't "throw" themselves.

2. "Maybe WI will get some kickback".

• Where's the money coming from?
  • Who's manipulating this?
  • Who's receiving the money?

3. "NCAA is friggan rigged, big money everywhere".

You do realize the NCAA has very little control over FBS (f/k/a Div 1-A) post season football.

The only thing the NCAA can do is bar a player or team from playing in the post season.

Even then, they have to have a reason, even it's complete BS.

The NCAA gains nothing from OSU playing in the post season.

1. $$ from their fellow Conference team's appearance in the playoff

Andersen was basically out the door... Didn't get his team prepared well enough, he's now on to Oregon State. Even a close game makes it harder for OSU to get the nod.

2. See above as the Big Ten benefits. Big 12 is "punished" for not having a conference championship.

The selection committee is manipulating things for television ratings and hence more money.

The schools in the playoff teams conferences and their programs are receiving the money.

OSU may get blown out, which I'm sure will cause more folks to cry fowl. But I do think they have a much better chance to be competitive and possibly beat bama than TCU or Baylor, even with the third string qb. In that respect I think the committee did their job.

Their may be something fowl with OSU getting in, but I think the conspiracy begins and ends with ratings in the semifinal and later the NCG. WI and the B1G had nothing to do with it.

1. $$ from their fellow Conference team's appearance in the playoff

Andersen was basically out the door... Didn't get his team prepared well enough, he's now on to Oregon State. Even a close game makes it harder for OSU to get the nod.

2. See above as the Big Ten benefits. Big 12 is "punished" for not having a conference championship.

The selection committee is manipulating things for television ratings and hence more money.

The schools in the playoff teams conferences and their programs are receiving the money.

tom Herman was out the door too. How'd that impact the Bucks? 59 pts with a 3rd string QB

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.