For these Bills, the playoffs begin Sunday.

Three out of four against Manning, Rodgers and Brady. Three out of four against the big dogs and most complete teams in the league.

Not against your Wild Card or fellow "In The Hunt" teams, but against the Hosses of this league!

I know I may be asking for a death sentence in saying this, but I'm ecstatic that the last three of four are against these teams. We know our defense is straight up BADA$$, but I truly believe these games will give us a gauge of where we are as a football team as a whole!

And...is it just me, or is anyone else gaining more confidence as the week goes on about the upcoming game with the vaunted Broncos?...

GO BILLS!

Im at the point where my entire heart is pumped for the game, thinking that all the Bills have to do is play defense, get more turnovers than we give up, and just manage offensively and that a win is totally plausible!

....And then some deep crevice of my brain keeps reminding that this is the Broncos after all and that the Bills have been more disappointing than surprising lately

I spend some time today messing around with the espn playoff machine...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

...and it looks like winning out would more than likely get them in.

Also with only one more loss there is still a decent chance they could make it in if a couple games went their way.

Without trying ties there wasn't any scenario I could find where 9-7 would work so if they can win 1 out of the next 2 we can at least be going into the Raiders game thinking playoffs are still there to be had.

The only way to handle these next games in true Bills fashion is to beat the Broncos AND the Packers the lose to OAK.

It's been a long 15 years so I'm just preparing for the most painful circumstance imaginable.

Actually, the playoffs began last week vs. the Browns.

Unfortunately, blowing the KC and Miami games left this team with no margin for error.

I've said this in other threads, but if you're going to think "what if" about games, you have to think about the fact that we had no right beating Detroit (if they had even a serviceable kicker we would have lost) and the Minnesota game would have been an L had it not been for a perfect pass/catch from Orton to Sammy.

Things happen in all games and every one could have a "what if." Even the Jets game would have been different if we didn't get lucky on a simply missed long pass by the Jest just before the half.

If we can't beat Denver, we don't deserve the playoffs. If we do, somehow, I'll be very very excited about our chances for the playoffs, which I honestly can't believe could happen this year.

I spend some time today messing around with the espn playoff machine...

http://espn.go.com/n...layoffs/machine

...and it looks like winning out would more than likely get them in.

Also with only one more loss there is still a decent chance they could make it in if a couple games went their way.

Without trying ties there wasn't any scenario I could find where 9-7 would work so if they can win 1 out of the next 2 we can at least be going into the Raiders game thinking playoffs are still there to be had.

This

I mostly just filled in the NFC games randomly.

We got a shot at 9-7 with a lot of help.

Edit: We would need:

Dolphins:

L Ravens

L Patriots

L Vikings or Jets

Steelers:

L Bengals

L Falcons

W Chiefs

L Bengals

Browns:

L Colts

L Bengals

L Panthers or Ravens

Chiefs:

L Cardinals

L Raiders

L Steelers

W Chargers

Chargers

L Patriots

L Broncos

L 49ers

L Chiefs

Texans:

W Jaguars

L Colts

L Ravens

W Jaguars

I think the Chiefs/Chargers situation is the least likely. I think the Chiefs don't lose to Oakland a second time which would put us out. The Chiefs would need to lose to the Chargers then, which would put the Chargers above us.

Why couldn't we have won one of those damn tiebreaker games!!!!

Edited by What a Tuel

As of right now this D has something that's hard to beat.

Swagger.

Their instncts are extremely fine-tuned, and they're prepared to make the most of opportunities that state of mind creates.

It's not just about being good at your job. It's about the ability to get EVEN BETTER in a hurry.

Marcel and KW give us a HUGE push up front. -Pretty uncanny in the NFL. I think we'll give Peyton more trouble than he realizes.

Orton will struggle... I'm sure he'll be looking for payback after his time in DEN. Problem is, they'll be looking for him too... The thing I worry most about is GILMORE. He's such a huge liability out there. A QB like PM will put on a CLINIC vs. a corner that uninspired, and crappy.

Still, the passrush and running game gives us a puncher's chance. I'm just hoping for a good game.

Three out of four against Manning, Rodgers and Brady. Three out of four against the big dogs and most complete teams in the league.

Not against your Wild Card or fellow "In The Hunt" teams, but against the Hosses of this league!

I know I may be asking for a death sentence in saying this, but I'm ecstatic that the last three of four are against these teams. We know our defense is straight up BADA$$, but I truly believe these games will give us a gauge of where we are as a football team as a whole!

And...is it just me, or is anyone else gaining more confidence as the week goes on about the upcoming game with the vaunted Broncos?...

GO BILLS!

To your point, if the Bills get into the playoffs they Mother !@#$ing earned it.

I personally don't think they have a Labatt Blue's chance at an all you can drink Buffalo Bills' Backers tailgate.

But you know if they actually did get in they would be for real.

P.S. The Bills entered the playoffs when they choked the Chiefs game away.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Both times the defense has lined up against a premier QB, Rivers and Brady, they've lost. SD took their foot off the gas late in their game and NE scored 24 points in the second half.

For this defense to be considered "elite" they need to start stopping top offenses. That said, having an offense keep those QBs off the field is necessary to help the defense. Not being able to run the ball makes that hard.

Edited by BillsVet

GO BILLS!

This crossed my mine today! As the week goes on, I have.This D has been getting better every week. Pressure Manning and maybe we could win. Edited by snamsnoops