Well, that was embarrassing.

Congrats, Bills fans! So much for our playoff hopes and our top 10 offense. It was fun while it lasted, but "same old Browns."

Josh Gordon looked really lazy running his routes and you would think his head would be in the game with the amount of targets he had. Apparently according to our coaches, your defense was doing some things to confuse him. Joe Thomas was horrendous. I know you have a good front 4 but the only guy before Jerry Hughes I've seen him have that kind of problem with is Dwight Freeney. With a speed guy rushing the passer on every play JT can't contain him.

I was surprised the Bills didn't run the ball more in the 1st half. We have a good passing D and bad run D.

Do the Bills bench QBs as their job?

Do you always hit that hard? Man. Austin out. Barnidge out.

Our rookie RBs were lost. They can't block and they couldn't get anything going.

Donte Whitner - Thanks for firing up the other team with your mouth and then not even freaking showing up. Pissed about this!

Pettine still hasn't made a decision on QB and Hoyer was making all kinds of excuses as to why he didn't have a good game. Fun week in Cleveland!

Good luck the rest of the season.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats, Bills fans! So much for our playoff hopes and our top 10 offense. It was fun while it lasted, but "same old Browns."

My heart goes out to you CR...you're a great fan that deserves better. We're a tough matchup for teams that don't have a great QB.

You have a young, talented team; you'll be fine long-term. Pettine looks like he knows what he's doing.

Josh Gordon looked really lazy running his routes and you would think his head would be in the game with the amount of targets he had. Apparently according to our coaches, your defense was doing some things to confuse him. Joe Thomas was horrendous. I know you have a good front 4 but the only guy before Jerry Hughes I've seen him have that kind of problem with is Dwight Freeney. With a speed guy rushing the passer on every play JT can't contain him.

Jerry Hughe$ has made a lot of good tackles look bad this year. He wrecked Branden Albert in the first Miami game, and had his way with D'Brickashaw Ferguson a few times as well. Thomas is still very good, and it's really hard to give help to everyone (I know they were helping Schwartz a bunch with Mario over on the right side).

I was surprised the Bills didn't run the ball more in the 1st half. We have a good passing D and bad run D.

No idea why that was...I anticipated more running as well.

Haha...I wish. :D

Actually, yes. The Bills are extremely physical, and tend to leave a wave of injured players in their wake.

Our rookie RBs were lost. They can't block and they couldn't get anything going.

Tough run D. I think Crowell/West will be alright over time.

Pettine still hasn't made a decision on QB and Hoyer was making all kinds of excuses as to why he didn't have a good game. Fun week in Cleveland!

Looks like it's going to be Johnny Football time in Cleveland. Who knows? Maybe he'll spark the offense?

Same to you!

Donte Whitner - Thanks for firing up the other team with your mouth and then not even freaking showing up. Pissed about this!

Good luck to you as well. Barnidge was hurt with a cheap shot, sorry about that.

I didnt like the hit our LB made on your TE. I thought it was a cheap shot to be honest. Not sure I'm ready to count your team out and I'm probably alone on this but I got very nervous when Johnny came in the game.

Good luck to you guys too.

Thanks guys. It was the best team we played all year. And your stadium (although I could not afford to go I had friends who went) sounded like it was very intimidating. I know you are entering the "gated community" of NFL teams on your schedule coming up, but you sure have some elite players to build on.

I was wondering about the hit from 53 (?) on Barnidge. Usually a personal foul? Oh well, it wasn't our day I guess.

When Haden blocked the FG before the half I really thought that was a sign and then the Bills throw an INT on first possession of 2nd half! There was a sack on Hoyer (and he almost never gets sacked) that took them out of FG range and the game was over after that. Huge momentum swing.

Edited by Cleveland Rocks?

I didnt like the hit our LB made on your TE. I thought it was a cheap shot to be honest. Not sure I'm ready to count your team out and I'm probably alone on this but I got very nervous when Johnny came in the game.

Good luck to you guys too.

It was kind of a cheap shot...actually it was a response by Bradham to a very late block by Greco on a prone defender (I think it was Searcy but not sure). Stupid play by Bradham and both he and Greco were lucky not to be penalized.

We feel your pain, but these two perennial cellar dwellers both seem to be going in the right direction.... if only good QB's were easy to come by. I've looked at the Browns as sort of a long lost brother for years.

We feel your pain, but these two perennial cellar dwellers both seem to be going in the right direction.... if only good QB's were easy to come by. I've looked at the Browns as sort of a long lost brother for years.

Manziel gives us some hope. But there is always a learning curve for rookies, and we go up against the Colts this week. Then we have 3 division games. It is a very tough road. Hope he shows something to keep hope alive!

Manziel gives us some hope. But there is always a learning curve for rookies, and we go up against the Colts this week. Then we have 3 division games. It is a very tough road. Hope he shows something to keep hope alive!

Tough to put a rookie QB with virtually no real game experience into a playoff race scenario.

I think the QB decision was coming, CR. I had a feeling this game was going to be the turning point in that. Colts D is not good IMO and Colt McCoy had success against it yesterday. He is similar to JM. Your pass D is well above Washington's so if you can contain Luck, and being at home, you have a chance.

Thanks for the comments, Cleveland Rocks. Always interesting to hear what the opposing team's fans are chirping about. Over here everyone thinks Gordon owned Stephon Gilmore; you guys seem to think Gordon had a lackadaisical effort. Eye of the beholder. That Manziel move struck me as the right one yesterday, but having lived through Tebow-mania in Denver, I don't think I would've done it -- when you have a high profile backup like Tebow or Manziel that a huge contingent of fans pins all their hopes on (whether realistic or fantastical), there's no turning back. I didn't think Hoyer was having an awful game -- he actually was better than Orton -- and I think he'd still give the Browns the best chance to make the playoffs this year. But Johnny mania is here for better or for worse, and Hoyer's days as the Browns QB are effectively over. I'd take Hoyer in Buffalo for the right price ... which will be a whole lot lower than he was hoping for.

CR, I've been telling friends of mine (who aren't Bills fans -- I live in NC) for several weeks that the Buffalo defense is on the verge of being elite -- they're that good. Glad to see an opposing fan recognize it as well.

If you peruse this board at all you'll see that most of our frustration lies in our failure to understand the strategy/thinking of our OC -- and our lack of a QB.

I'm not going to blow smoke up your azz and tell you I think the Browns are a good team -- I felt as though their record was fraudulent and the Bills would expose them -- but they do have a number of good young players and hopefully your front office can get it together.

Thanks for the kind words -- shows what kind of character you have to come here after a rough loss.

That Manziel move struck me as the right one yesterday, but having lived through Tebow-mania in Denver, I don't think I would've done it -- when you have a high profile backup like Tebow or Manziel that a huge contingent of fans pins all their hopes on (whether realistic or fantastical), there's no turning back. I didn't think Hoyer was having an awful game --

I'm thinking since Hoyer got them to 7-4, that they'd be best to stick with him for now. The Browns are still in this thing. Stick with what has worked. Some of the picks Hoyer has thrown have been more of a miscommunication with Josh than bad arm throws by Hoyer. I'd leave well enough alone if I were them...for now. Hoyer will be fine.

I love the Browns, just hate Donte Whitner! Good luck in the rest of the season!

Thanks guys. It was the best team we played all year. And your stadium (although I could not afford to go I had friends who went) sounded like it was very intimidating. I know you are entering the "gated community" of NFL teams on your schedule coming up, but you sure have some elite players to build on.

I was wondering about the hit from 53 (?) on Barnidge. Usually a personal foul? Oh well, it wasn't our day I guess.

When Haden blocked the FG before the half I really thought that was a sign and then the Bills throw an INT on first possession of 2nd half! There was a sack on Hoyer (and he almost never gets sacked) that took them out of FG range and the game was over after that. Huge momentum swing.

I think Bainbridge just was tackled by about 4 Bills at the same time the refs didn't see the clear Spear job by Bradham "#53" he is usually a clean tackler. I think the initial tackle by the other Bill moved Bainbridge and he wasn't where Bradham expected and he dropped his head even more. I don't think it was intentionally dirty.

That 3rd string TE looked lost in blocking and passing. That was probably a huge loss in pass protection help.

That sack that took the Browns out of FG range was huge but the game was lost on this 4 play sequence.

4th and 2 - 31 yards to Woods.

1st and goal - 8 yard TD to Hogan

Kickoff.

Crowell fumble returned for a TD.

Lights out.

Yeah our defense is legit. The offense is J-V.

Gordon was eating up that Flanker Drag route under the other routes in the 1st QTR but after that the defense clearly keyed on Gordon. Gordon clearly wasn't on the same page on the reads. Searcy should have had 4 INTs and Brown should have had one as well in coverage on Gordon. Hoyer was expecting one read and Gordan was not seeing the same thing which made Hoyer's throws look horrible.

Good Luck the rest of the season but I think Manzeil is a joke. He'll have a spark until there is tape on him then after about 6 games his career will be over. If Kyle Williams had 4 QTRs to go after Manziel he might have buried him for real Johnny Football looks like a little guy out there. I can't imagine his body can with stand multiple hits by 300 lbers.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Congrats, Bills fans! So much for our playoff hopes and our top 10 offense. It was fun while it lasted, but "same old Browns." Josh Gordon looked really lazy running his routes and you would think his head would be in the game with the amount of targets he had. Apparently according to our coaches, your defense was doing some things to confuse him. Joe Thomas was horrendous. I know you have a good front 4 but the only guy before Jerry Hughes I've seen him have that kind of problem with is Dwight Freeney. With a speed guy rushing the passer on every play JT can't contain him. I was surprised the Bills didn't run the ball more in the 1st half. We have a good passing D and bad run D. Do the Bills bench QBs as their job? Do you always hit that hard? Man. Austin out. Barnidge out. Our rookie RBs were lost. They can't block and they couldn't get anything going. Donte Whitner - Thanks for firing up the other team with your mouth and then not even freaking showing up. Pissed about this! Pettine still hasn't made a decision on QB and Hoyer was making all kinds of excuses as to why he didn't have a good game. Fun week in Cleveland! Good luck the rest of the season.
Stick around here. I enjoy your presence. If anyone gives you crap let someone know because you're worth having.

The browns board, not so much. Impossible to talk football with that group,so feel free to enjoy football with us.

Stick around here. I enjoy your presence. If anyone gives you crap let someone know because you're worth having.

The browns board, not so much. Impossible to talk football with that group,so feel free to enjoy football with us.

agreed on the sentiments. dont be a stranger now that the game is passed. you probably wont get a ton of browns talk, but if johnny is playing theres bound to be an active handful of threads about them.