Stopping Manning - STL Blueprint UPDATED w/JW's All-22 Review

thebandit27

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other key is clogging the short passing lanes. Dare him to best you deep. Not sure he has the arm to do it anymore and if you are getting pressure up the middle it makes going deep harder to start with. Do not blitz too much. If you blitz and give him dump offs he will shred you because he puts the ball where his guy can make YAC.

"Pressure up the middle" that's the Brady blue print, and we continue to ignore it. Why would it change now?

The Bills put a ton of pressure on Brady last year and very much affected his effectiveness in the passing game. They just managed to beat us on the ground. In the 1st game this year though, we didn't get enough pressure.

Defense's mantra of the day "may the Schwartz be with you" Sunday will prove beyond a doubt that Peyton is no Brady

and Tom Terrific and Bad Bill B will be rooting for the Bills a first :w00t: :w00t:

Edited by rumblefish

The Bills put a ton of pressure on Brady last year and very much affected his effectiveness in the passing game. They just managed to beat us on the ground. In the 1st game this year though, we didn't get enough pressure.

They did get a lot of pressure in the first half--so much so that NE actually benched their LT for Marcus Cannon, which lasted all of one series (he got beat like a drum). So they then moved Cannon over to RT and put Solder back in at LT...that also lasted one series.

Then they went to 7 and 8-man protection schemes in the 2nd half and Schwartz never adjusted...Brady had way too much time and killed us.

The Broncos have adjusted their offensive strategy in the last few weeks by playing 6 offensive linemen to hammer defenses with CJ Anderson in the run game. In the last two games Anderson has 167 yards vs MIA and another 168 yards last night at KC. It's no longer just about stopping Manning.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I truly hope the Bills defense does replicate what the Rams and Seahawks were able to do. However, the Bills defense has played two upper tier QBs this year: Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers. They went a combined 45-62 (72%) for 617 yards, 6 TDs, no interceptions, and a QB rating of over 135. We lost those games by a combined score of 59-32...and both games were at home. I don't say this to be negative or to say that there is no way the Bills can beat Denver. My point is that great QBs typically make plays and that tremendous defensive performances against them, such as the ones cited, are rare.

I believe the key for the Bills to beat a team with an upper tier QB is for their offense to step up its game and help the defense by playing consistent, putting together time consuming drives, scoring touchdowns in the red zone, and not turning the ball over. If they do that, then the defense does not have to have one of those rare performances - just a very solid one. This defense is very, very good. But, to beat a team like Denver (not to mention Green Bay and New England), then the offense is going to have to play far better than they did earlier this year against San Diego and New England.

Edited by billsfan1959

I truly hope the Bills defense does replicate what the Rams and Seahawks were able to do. However, the Bills defense has played two upper tier QBs this year: Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers. They went a combined 45-62 (72%) for 617 yards, 6 TDs, no interceptions, and a QB rating of over 135. We lost those games by a combined score of 59-32...and both games were at home. I don't say this to be negative or to say that there is no way the Bills can beat Denver. My point is that great QBs typically make plays and that tremendous defensive performances against them, such as the ones cited, are rare.

I believe the key for the Bills to beat a team with an upper tier QB is for their offense to step up its game and help the defense by playing consistent, putting together time consuming drives, scoring touchdowns in the red zone, and not turning the ball over. If they do that, then the defense does not have to have one of those rare performances - just a very solid one. This defense is very, very good. But, to beat a team like Denver (not to mention Green Bay and New England), then the offense is going to have to play far better than they did earlier this year against San Diego and New England.

Yep.

Hopefully Dareus and Kyle can get some push up the middle. Usually MD is double teamed these days, leaving Kyle to beat one man. Hopefully Kyle gets his trademark explosiveness back, he's been a little slower this year (not surprising, with lower body injuries, and time catching up).

We can send Spikes up the middle a couple times too. I'm sure he'd relish the opportunity.

More than Rodgers or Brady, I think our defense is built to beat Manning. Let's see what Schwartz can do.

Edited by Big C

Blitz LB's early and often on stunts up the middle. Our LB's can't cover Thomas anyways. Play three safeties with A. Williams single high most of the game. Searcy should play big-nickel and mimic Kam Chancellor. Spikes should play but not be asked to man-cover. Just run blitz, pass rush, or drop into short zones.