Week 14: Broncos' Game Preparation - Bills in Denver a Day Early

Three keys

1.) If Emmanuel Sanders has more than 6 catches the Bills will lose. The Thomases will get theirs. It's Sanders that will move the chains.

2.) If Manning gets sacked 3 times and has 2 INTs we might have a chance.

3.) Orton Needs atleast 299 yards passing and 0 INTs

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QB snapshot: Peyton Manning

At first blush, Manning had season lows in completions (17), passing yards (179) and completion percentage (50.0). But the number that was far more important on a frigid, playoff-weather-type night was the 45 carries the Broncos had in the run game and the way it forced the Chiefs’ pass-rushers to dial back some.

Assuming we lose... I mean really , everyone knows in good conscience we have no real shot at this game, Manning will have 10-12 offensive possessions and will shred the D on half or more of them; Orton will put up, like 20 points. So, assuming 38-20 (you know this is what the score will be...), how will you react, knowing we still have a shot if we beat Oakland and either NE or the Packers?

Lets get ahead of this, how will you react to a blowout? Reasonably?, knowing we had no reasonable shot going in, or be an idiot and go nuts b/c you can't beat last years AFC champ/HOF QB on the road in December in a game they need as much as we do.? Discuss. Might as well do it now. I still think we can be in the tournament, but we have no shot in this one particular game, IMHO.

Screw that! You can't ride the wave if you are ahead of it.

I actually think our D could handle them, if the offense could do its part....which I don't believe they can....

Agreed. You know what would really suck? If the Defense has a great game and generates some turnovers and then Little Natey Hackett and his putrid anemic offense gets no points or just a FG off the turnovers. That would really bother me.

How Incomplete Passes to Sammy Watkins Are Holding Back the Buffalo Bills' Offense

3837_a1.jpg

Back in May, during the most boring part of the NFL calendar, I wrote an article discussing the value of an incomplete pass, and considered the damage teams were doing to their expected point outcomes by force-feeding their top receiver the football.

You can check out that article here, if you'd like, but the takeaway was as follows: Teams with bad quarterbacks shouldn't force one receiver the ball, and teams with strong deep-threat receivers generally shouldn't force-feed their best receiver the ball, either.

Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson and A.J. Green were the primary examples of receivers who were "hurting" their teams by being targeted so heavily, and negative outcomes seemed to happen more often when those receivers were being targeted.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

We need to get up there to acclimate to the elevation. If you've never been at a high elevation, it's literally breathtaking.

I agree. I'll never forget my first time in the Rockies. For the 1st day it felt like someone was standing on my chest as I was breathing.