Week 14: Broncos' Game Preparation - Bills in Denver a Day Early

Doug Marrone: "We're Trying To Become Consistent" (6:04)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about heading in to the fourth quarter of the season, Robert Woods' ability to make plays and the acquisition of Gray and Thigpen.

Doug Marrone: "They've Got A Big Challenge" (5:11)

Head Coach Doug Marrone discusses faces Peyton Manning and the Broncos in Week 14 and the play of Da'Norris Searcy.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C.J. Anderson latest Broncos' back to seize the day

When it comes to running backs bursting through the line and on to the scene, the Denver Broncos have sort of written the book on this sort of thing.

But this time, as Football America looks on with more than a few raised eyebrows, the Broncos may have out-done themselves with the unveiling of C.J. Anderson. In the Broncos' 29-16 win against the Kansas City Chiefs Sunday night, Anderson became the first NFL running back since Adrian Peterson in 2012 to post back-to-back games with at least 150 yards rushing, the first to do it for the Broncos since Droughns did it in '04.

-10 probably seems about right. But, Manning does have an off game every once in a while (remember Indy last season?), and our front four might knock him down once or twice. We have a playoff caliber defense and I honestly believe that it will be up to Schwartz to game plan and that he is up to the task. If our offense can really click, and find some momentum (it does happen occasionally), this could be an upset.

Beating the Broncos is not outside the realm of possibility. Not likely, but plausible.

... sigh... I hate myself sometimes for being optimistic...

Assuming we lose... I mean really , everyone knows in good conscience we have no real shot at this game, Manning will have 10-12 offensive possessions and will shred the D on half or more of them; Orton will put up, like 20 points. So, assuming 38-20 (you know this is what the score will be...), how will you react, knowing we still have a shot if we beat Oakland and either NE or the Packers?

Lets get ahead of this, how will you react to a blowout? Reasonably?, knowing we had no reasonable shot going in, or be an idiot and go nuts b/c you can't beat last years AFC champ/HOF QB on the road in December in a game they need as much as we do.? Discuss. Might as well do it now. I still think we can be in the tournament, but we have no shot in this one particular game, IMHO.

Edited by 8and8Forever

Assuming we lose... I mean really , everyone knows in good conscience we have no real shot at this game, Manning will have 10-12 offensive possessions and will shred the D on half or more of them; Orton will put up, like 20 points. So, assuming 38-20 (you know this is what the score will be...), how will you react, knowing we still have a shot if we beat Oakland and either NE or the Packers?

Lets get ahead of this, how will you react to a blowout? Reasonably?, knowing we had no reasonable shot going in, or be an idiot and go nuts b/c you can't beat last years AFC champ/HOF QB on the road in December in a game they need as much as we do.? Discuss. Might as well do it now. I still think we can be in the tournament, but we have no shot in this one particular game, IMHO.

We do have a real shot at winning this game. An upset is possible. If we have a game plan that knocks Manning out of his rhythm and our offense gets into one... things could happen. This could be a season changing win for us. Sure, it's unlikely. But, I'll say it's more likely we beat the Broncos in Denver than it is that we beat the Pats in Boston-- even in week 17.

Trust in the Schwarz.

https://www.youtube....h?v=UHw6KXbvazs

Edited by Rocky Landing

I figured 8-8 before the season started... I'll be looking for players to step up and (as I usually do this time of year) provide me with hope for Next Year!!!

As many other have pointed out, they'll only have themselves to blame if they don't make it to the postseason (Houston and KC Games). :sick:

@ChrisTrapasso

Biggest up front mismatches on paper = Von Miller vs. Seantrel Henderson and #Broncos C Will Montgomery dealing with Dareus and Kyle.

Everyone here is talking about the Bills defense getting to Manning and keeping it close. That's all well and good. But, in my mind, the key to this game is our offensive line. The Broncos have 2 elite pass rushers on the edge and huge Pot Roast clogging up the middle. I'm not even sure Orton wil survive this game let alone score points.

Everyone here is talking about the Bills defense getting to Manning and keeping it close. That's all well and good. But, in my mind, the key to this game is our offensive line. The Broncos have 2 elite pass rushers on the edge and huge Pot Roast clogging up the middle. I'm not even sure Orton wil survive this game let alone score points.

It's going to be a challenge to move the ball in a sustained fashion this week against their defense given the inadequate play from the Bills' OL and Orton's inaccuracy as of late. They'll need an effective quick rhythm passing game to have a chance to do that and it'll certainly help if Talib is out again.

this isn't college. Of course they have a chance. The talent gap between NFL teams isn't that big. I also don't think John Fox is that great of a coach. I don't "predict" the Bills win, but they have good players too. There are surprise outcomes every week. Edited by YoloinOhio

this isn't college. Of course they have a chance. The talent gap between NFL teams isn't that big. I also don't think John Fox is that great of a coach. I don't "predict" the Bills win, but they have good players too. There are surprise outcomes every week.

it's 90% mental, the other half is physical - yogi