If it's NE* v GB in the Super Bowl, I may go live in a cave

Rubes

Worst-case scenario for me has always been NE* vs. Green Bay in the Super Bowl. I don't really mind that much if Green Bay wins, but I have way too many coworkers who are bandwagon Packers fans, and who I will hear from endlessly if they win it all. Heck, having them win in Buffalo later this year would be cake compared to if they win it all.

But if it means hoping that New England* beats them, I may just implode. Although I don't have any coworkers who are Pats* fans, I just despite Belichick, Brady, and the Pats* so much it makes me cringe just to think about the possibility.

Every year, once the Bills are out of it, it just comes down to hoping against hope that somehow NE* and GB both get knocked out. Looking bad for me this year.

The Packers are a great organization...a coop owned team in a freaking snow bound cold place where half the people are alcoholics.. Sound familiar. We should be happy for them. Who better to rub Brady's face in the turf and cause the Hoodie to soil himself.

What do you want Dallas in the SB? NE and Dallas and you'll have to fight me for that cave.

Too funny Rubes...worst case for me is Seahawks vs Pats.

Seahawks fans abound here..especially with alums of Collegiate School(where Russell went to school), and where my kids go.

they were all Redskins fans till last year.

I get rooting for him to do well, but damn it is annoying!

Am I the only one who doesn't care if the Patriots win the Super Bowl? I would just assume they win another one at this point. What do you do if you're a Boston sports fan if the Pats win the Super Bowl? Maybe give your friend a high five? It can't be that exciting for them. I would much rather have New England, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Seattle or Baltimore win another one than watch another depressed fanbase like Detroit or Cleveland or Phoneix or Cincinnati or something get to experience what we haven't. At least that way we're not alone. I am not like many of you who say, "hey I think I'm pulling for this team now" once the Bills are out of it. Not to mention, as someone who's lived in Denver for 12 years, I hate the Broncos way more than the Pats anyway.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Well it seems that both Packers and Pats are trendy offseason picks every year, but there is one SB win in the last decade between the two.

I hope we smash them in the face this week, and I will be there losing my voice.

And Rubes- Are they really bandwagon Packer fans? If they are, please tell them to put on Seahawks gear, we take great pride in our team and fanhood and HATE that people think we have bandwagon fans.

Am I the only one who doesn't care if the Patriots win the Super Bowl? I would just assume they win another one at this point. What do you do if you're a Boston sports fan if the Pats win the Super Bowl? Maybe give your friend a high five? It can't be that exciting for them. I would much rather have New England, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Seattle or Baltimore win another one than watch another depressed fanbase like Detroit or Cleveland or Phoneix or Cincinnati or something get to experience what we haven't. At least that way we're not alone. I am not like many of you who say, "hey I think I'm pulling for this team now" once the Bills are out of it. Not to mention, as someone who's lived in Denver for 12 years, I hate the Broncos way more than the Pats anyway.

There's actually a very complicated algorithm for determining who I can or cannot root for. Without going into too much detail, it's okay to root for a team that has already won the Super Bowl, as long as there aren't any friends, family, or coworkers who root for them, and as long as it's not a team that I hate like NE*. It's not okay to root for a team that hasn't won it yet, because like you say, I don't want those teams to experience a SB victory before we do (damn you, Seahawks) -- unless they are playing against a team I hate like NE*.

It actually gets quite a bit more complicated than that, but you don't need to witness that level of my insanity.

Well it seems that both Packers and Pats are trendy offseason picks every year, but there is one SB win in the last decade between the two.

I hope we smash them in the face this week, and I will be there losing my voice.

And Rubes- Are they really bandwagon Packer fans? If they are, please tell them to put on Seahawks gear, we take great pride in our team and fanhood and HATE that people think we have bandwagon fans.

Yeah -- they only talk about the Packers because they're good. Never heard about their fandom much before their latest rise, nor do they talk about them much unless they're winning.

I do find that strange, to be honest. Didn't think there were many Packer bandwagoners.

If you're good, you got bandwagon fans. There's no way around it. I long for the day that the Bills have bandwagon fans too.

If you're good, you got bandwagon fans. There's no way around it. I long for the day that the Bills have bandwagon fans too.

Yeah I know that is true. I just absolutely hate it. Every stadium we go to, their fans constantly say, "Oh when did you become a Packer fan, like a week ago" and think they are clever. Where I come from it is a way of life, not kidding. Probably because there isn't much else to do here, but I like it that way. :lol:

Worst-case scenario for me has always been NE* vs. Green Bay in the Super Bowl. I don't really mind that much if Green Bay wins, but I have way too many coworkers who are bandwagon Packers fans, and who I will hear from endlessly if they win it all. Heck, having them win in Buffalo later this year would be cake compared to if they win it all.

But if it means hoping that New England* beats them, I may just implode. Although I don't have any coworkers who are Pats* fans, I just despite Belichick, Brady, and the Pats* so much it makes me cringe just to think about the possibility.

Every year, once the Bills are out of it, it just comes down to hoping against hope that somehow NE* and GB both get knocked out. Looking bad for me this year.

I dont mind Aaron Rodgers. I would hate to see * in there. However if * make it and lose like 74-3 in favor of gb, it would be the best superbowl of all time, FOR ME.

Bills fan in raleigh pretty much sums it up for me too. Anyone but * would be ok for me. I would accept all hated teams except *.

I understand where you're coming from, but I dont get it.

Arizona beating *iots would be great. Based on your logic, just cause we havent won one, screw all the little guys???.... And give another one to our most hated team right now???? Hell no!!!! I would prefer if their plane routed to some russian military camp on accident and the superbowl got cancelled all together. I would prefer that over pats winning another sb. Eff brady, eff bellycheater, and eff *s.

I dont mind Aaron Rodgers. I would hate to see * in there. However if * make it and lose like 74-3 in favor of gb, it would be the best superbowl of all time, FOR ME.

Bills fan in raleigh pretty much sums it up for me too. Anyone but * would be ok for me. I would accept all hated teams except *.

I understand where you're coming from, but I dont get it.

Arizona beating *iots would be great. Based on your logic, just cause we havent won one, screw all the little guys???.... And give another one to our most hated team right now???? Hell no!!!! I would prefer if their plane routed to some russian military camp on accident and the superbowl got cancelled all together. I would prefer that over pats winning another sb. Eff brady, eff bellycheater, and eff *s.

Fandom is not logical. I'm just telling you it would annoy me more if the Browns fans got to celebrate a Super Bowl than if the Patriots got to celebrate another one. Again, at this point, who cares if they end up with three or four. If we had won one ourselves, perhaps I would be happy for another fanbase to experience it but until we do, I just can't be happy for other teams, I'm sorry. It's like if you're not getting laid, do you want to hear your buddy who never gets laid tell you about what great sex he had last night? But if you are getting laid then you'd be happy for him. I don't know, that's the best I got. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Fandom is not logical. I'm just telling you it would annoy me more if the Browns fans got to celebrate a Super Bowl than if the Patriots got to celebrate another one. Again, at this point, who cares if they end up with three or four. If we had won one ourselves, perhaps I would be happy for another fanbase to experience it but until we do, I just can't be happy for other teams, I'm sorry. It's like if you're not getting laid, do you want to hear your buddy who never gets laid tell you about what great sex he had last night? But if you are getting laid then you'd be happy for him. I don't know, that's the best I got.

I totally get that. I'm with you for the most part. For me, though, my hatred of NE* trumps my displeasure at seeing other teams like Cleveland experience Super Bowl glory before us.mits just part of the insanity, I guess.