Anyone see the Saints fan steal the ball from a woman?

Gisele

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you do if this happened next to you? Would you make him give the ball to her or just sit there? I'm pretty darn sure this wouldn't happen at The Ralph ( or any other of the 31 stadiums). Stay classy, New Orleans.

It could happen anywhere. All it takes is one ahole, and trust me there is more than one at every NFL game. Add excessive alcohol to the equation and it becomes even more possible.

I just watched it. What an !@#$. Even elbowed the woman in the face to get it. Putting that up on billboards in the entire area would be fitting.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I know it happens everywhere, but once the dust settles and you realize what you did, you hand the ball to it's intended recipient. "Dude" said he felt no remorse and was keeping the ball. If I (or anyone in my group) did that, my buddies would make me give it back. "His" group just sat there laughing.

dude was a jerk. im guessing having a bengals fan from 10 rows back in his ear celebrating didnt help him feel terribly generous - but now he has a sweet souvenir from that time the bengals were beating the hell out of his team.

I'm not really sure what else people would expect when the visiting team is trying to toss a football to one of their fans.

and if you watched later on, she was holding a football

From what I read, someone on the field gave her another ball to make up for the guy being an !@#$.

I'm not really sure what else people would expect when the visiting team is trying to toss a football to one of their fans.

You aren't serious are you? Would you do that? (Please say no if you are a Bills fan ... lie if you have to)

Edited by CodeMonkey

I was there yesterday and that was as "chippy" as I have ever seen Saints fans. Their team has been incredibly disappointing and it seemed like yesterday was the day that they started getting a little fed up. I'm not saying that was the whole reason behind that idiot keeping the ball but it was that kind of that epiphany when they realized that the Saints aren't very good.

I can say that I would not do that under any circumstance. I'm still a believer in being a good person. I am also getting to the point where I think society is doomed because more and more people now think this type of behavior is okay.

and if you watched later on, she was holding a football

a staff member from the saints brought her one

ill say what kirby said is accurate re: the atmosphere yesterday. the point i was making was if you were front row and some girl from row 12 came running up to celebrate the opposing TD right next to you it might further irk you.

dude is still a jerk though.

I remember once, in the early 80's (I was about 16) being at a Buffalo Stallions game. We were sitting in the front row of the nose-bleeds (oranges!). In between the action, they used to have a mascot who would come out and kick soccer balls up into the stands...cool red and black soccer balls.

The balls rarely made it all the way up to the orange section. But, as me and my buddy were talking, I remember seeing a soccer ball heading my way, in my periphrial vision...I instinctively reached over the stands and grabbed it as it was on its' downward trajectory....I didint' realize, right next to me, some little kid (probably around 10) was trying to do the same thing...for whatever reason, it felt so great to catch that ball, it didn't dawn on me for a minute or two how disappointed the kid was. Of course, I gave it to him. In retrospect, I don't think he had a chance in hell of catching it, but he wanted it so bad, he likely would have jumped off the rail to catch it!

Anyway, moral of the story, karma pays you back..the kids' dad, a few rows back, purchased a beer for me, and my buddy! Underage drinking at the Aud was way better than a stupid soccer ball! :lol:

Too bad the Saints players didn't go over and strongly suggest to the !@#$ that he give her the ball.

Honeslty, for sure, I thought that would happen. The fact that the girl was a Bengals fan, and the player tossing it to her was a Bengal, makes it all the worse. This has been getting so much attention the last 24 hours, I suspect we haven't seen the last of this girl.

I remember once, in the early 80's (I was about 16) being at a Buffalo Stallions game.

Honeslty, for sure, I thought that would happen. The fact that the girl was a Bengals fan, and the player tossing it to her was a Bengal, makes it all the worse. This has been getting so much attention the last 24 hours, I suspect we haven't seen the last of this girl.

Lord, those were fun games.

Rockpile did not used to have nets behind the goalposts, total war down there for the balls, and kids were not getting any breaks just cause they were kids.

I was also shocked this dude did not give up the ball...and that his buddies were laughing. Saints fans were awesome to us last year...course they were the kicker last year, not the kickee

Edited by plenzmd1