Fox to screw with the camera angles

stevestojan

Fox is experimenting with 4 turf cams, that are acutally imbedded in the turf. At the 20 yard lines.

They say they may not even use them, but I can see a pattern here for next season.....

Man, I hate new camera angles... especially when they would do it in hockey... like from behind the nets... .

anyway, article:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/02/01/superbo...reut/index.html

Fox is experimenting with 4 turf cams, that are acutally imbedded in the turf. At the 20 yard lines.

They say they may not even use them, but I can see a pattern here for next season.....

Man, I hate new camera angles... especially when they would do it in hockey... like from behind the nets... .

anyway, article:

How about turf cam the sidelines? :D

i hate these new damn camera angles...aside from the sky cam, they all suck...i especially hate that !@#$ing camera angle thats behind the kicker on the ground for FG's and XP's...way to not make us able to see sh--...while you're at it fox, add a few hundred more computer generated graphics and lines on the screen while the game is on...i dont think theres enough...

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: fox

I wonder if Vinny Mac gets any credit from the NFL for the camera angles he was using for the XFL. The league may have sucked, but I actually thought it was interesting to see what he was trying to do with the broadcast.

Either way, if the NFL isn't giving him any credit, we know Rod Smart and Tommy Maddox are on their knees at a moments notice.

Hockey? What's this hockey you speak of? But seriously, I did like the behind the net cam once in a while but I wouldn't like it if they did it constantly. I wish the NHL would've had a camera angle from the first row in the upper deck corner. That's the best seat in the house, and where pro scouts sit to watch games because you can see the entire playing surface.

anyway, article:

225434[/snapback]

I don't think anything as expensive to install as the turf cam will be widely installed next season. Think of it as the Matrix-esque instant replay camera angle they had for the 2001 Super Bowl; where they could take a replay and pause it, then twist it around and look at it from a different angle. That didn't see any big use outside of that game.

Think of it as the Matrix-esque instant replay camera angle they had for the 2001 Super Bowl; where they could take a replay and pause it, then twist it around and look at it from a different angle. That didn't see any big use outside of that game.

225795[/snapback]

Because it takes over 20 cameras to make it happen! :doh:

Upskirt Cheer-cams, I love it!! :w00t:

anyway, article:

225434[/snapback]

i don't mind the new camera angles...it's the damn sound effects and obtrusive graphics that piss me off. in particular, i hate the way they now advertise their stupid sitcoms with a graphic that eats up the bottom third of the screen while i'm trying to watch the game. fox is the worst by far.

I wonder if Vinny Mac gets any credit from the NFL for the camera angles he was using for the XFL. The league may have sucked, but I actually thought it was interesting to see what he was trying to do with the broadcast.

225683[/snapback]

When I first saw ESPN's Sky Cam I knew instantly they took that idea from the XFL. I'm wondering if they'll ever try the on-field camerman like they had also.