Bears may trade Cutler in offseason...

RCOHEN13

Is Cutler an upgrade over Orton or EJ - Yes. Only question would be how much would he cost. But that's just my opinion.

I'll grant you Cutler might be the best of a putrid crop of free agents or trade targets. That doesn't mean we should get him.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll grant you Cutler might be the best of a putrid crop of free agents. That doesn't mean we should get him.

We probably won't get him b/c if we do I mean that would just seal EJ's fate here in Blo and I don't think management is ready to do that.

I see us going into next season w/Orton and EJ and letting the better player during training camp/preseason start.

But if we're talking about upgrading a position, Cutler would be an upgrade and I don't think it's that close - at least right now.

We probably won't get him b/c if we do I mean that would just seal EJ's fate here in Blo and I don't think management is ready to do that.

I see us going into next season w/Orton and EJ and letting the better player during training camp/preseason start.

But if we're talking about upgrading a position, Cutler would be an upgrade and I don't think it's that close - at least right now.

Well have to just disagree ink Cutler. If you are going to make an upgrade, make an upgrade. Don't sign another Fitz-Orton.

But I do think the Bills will sign or draft a QB next year.

The people who want Cutler are fantasy nerds because no one who watches football could possibly want him. All of his good (basically a great arm) is out done by his falls (terrible decision maker, turnover machine, awful leader, douchenss). He has made the playoffs ONCE and had one winning season.

The people who want Cutler are fantasy nerds because no one who watches football could possibly want him. All of his good (basically a great arm) is out done by his falls (terrible decision maker, turnover machine, awful leader, douchenss). He has made the playoffs ONCE and had one winning season.

So he'll fit right in. He can sit the team down around the camp fire and regale them with tales of the postseason.

Edited by Jauronimo

I haven't read this whole thread but wanted to weigh in just the same. The one thing that I can say about Cutler is that at least he'll throw down the field, regardless of which team he throws it to. I'm so sick and tired of these dink and dunk passes that we can't even complete. It's like watching Trent Edwards all over again.

Is Cutler an upgrade over Orton or EJ - Yes. Only question would be how much would he cost. But that's just my opinion.

He MIGHT be an upgrade over Orton, as Orton is a known entity---but not if he (Cutler) is chucking 3 INTs, fumbling and fairly apathetic about the team (and game) in general. Is he an upgrade over EJ? Dunno, because I still don't think we know what we have in EJ.

Here's what I think I know about Cutler. He isn't the QB to take the Bills to the next level, and may actually drag them down. He has a strong arm, but otherwise he's a BUM!

I believe the Bills should sign a QB in FA and draft a QB (thought there isn't anyone I'm all that crazy about). Then have a truly open competition for #1---and pray to God EJ wins it by performing. Orton, a rookie or any QB who is likely to be available in FA will likely be a placeholder stop-gap measure.