Bears may trade Cutler in offseason...

RCOHEN13

No. Let me count a few reasons why

- very very inconsistent

- whiny , blame-everything-else attitude

- winless against major division opponent Packers

- one playoff appearance

- to many iINTs

Winless against major division opponents? Sounds like he'll fit right in.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if he's a significant improvement over Orton, at least with that contract anyways.. I wouldn't be mad if they did it though, depends on what we give up.

Orton or Cutler? I would rather have Orton, keep a draft pick, take that 16 million which Cutler would cost and improve in other areas like the o-line. In the hypothetical either or scenario, there is only one choice that makes sense to me anyways.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Lets find some endorsing words from a former teammate of his

“If your quarterback can’t make plays in certain situations for you to win games, he’s not getting the job done.”

With $54 million guaranteed, Cutler undoubtedly is being paid to get the job done.

“Financially, he is one of the elite guys in the NFL,” Urlacher said. “You look at his contract, he was paid like an elite quarterback. . . . He just hasn’t produced like an elite quarterback. You look at the Bradys, the Mannings, the Rodgerses, the Breeses. Those guys win every year. Even with no one around them. [Aaron] Rodgers has no offensive line, he wins. [Tom] Brady has no receivers, he wins.

“You look at Jay, he’s got Brandon [Marshall], Alshon [Jeffery], Matt [Forte] and a great offensive line, Martellus Bennett and they can’t seem to put it together for some reason. I’m not sure if it’s his fault, but for some reason they can’t seem to figure it out.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/23/urlacher-say-cutler-isnt-getting-the-job-done/