Why are we so down?

We did not look bad against Kansas City. We actually looked good, and I was excited...until we gave the game away. In Miami we looked bad. We also dominated them earlier in the year though so who knows. I don't know that we beat New England or Denver, but we could beat Green Bay in our house (Remember the dolphins and jets both nearly beat Green Bay), and Oakland, Cleveland, Jets will be playoff elimination games.

That said, losing games to San Diego, Miami, Kansas City do not help our chances one bit.

Our offense scored 1 td last time we played Miami

Our offense scored 1 td last time we played Miami

True, but it was very clear we dominated them the entire game. There is no questioning that. I remember reading the Dolphins forums, and they were saying their team just looks scared and broken lol. Now they are talking playoffs, see what a few wins will do :beer:

Orton is due for a hot stretch. How long it lasts will determine if the Bills make the playoffs.

A 'good' Orton and the rest of the talent on the team can make a run and beat anyone, i believe that.

I also believe that the chances of Orton playing lights out for the next 6 games is not very great. Due to our coaching inadequacies anything less than perfect from the QB will make it difficult to win 5 of the next 6.

It seems like everyone including, Doug Marrone, is acting like we have no chance here. We are 5-5 but are still in a good place with our schedule. We still need to billieve that this team still has a shot to make it to the playoffs. Our d can carry us there and when Jackson gets healthy we will have a way better offense. Jackson gives us the blitz protection we dont have with anyone else, and thats why orton has looked so bad in the past 2 game weeks. We still have a chance and us as fans need to fight for our team.

Because our team sucks. AGAIN!

True, but it was very clear we dominated them the entire game. There is no questioning that. I remember reading the Dolphins forums, and they were saying their team just looks scared and broken lol. Now they are talking playoffs, see what a few wins will do :beer:

Exactly the opposite of what two losses in one week against teams that you should beat will do.

True enough.

I've eliminated them. Feel better, sparky?

It's a slippery slope when you start predicting crap, and passing it off as fact. Calling the season over leads to the awesome predictions during the preseason. Who cares if you are right, or wrong, enjoy football season root for our team and the Bills playing. It will be over soon enough and the cravings will begin again.

People are always in such a rush for it to be over. Still nearly half a season left.

It seems like everyone including, Doug Marrone, is acting like we have no chance here. We are 5-5 but are still in a good place with our schedule. We still need to billieve that this team still has a shot to make it to the playoffs. Our d can carry us there and when Jackson gets healthy we will have a way better offense. Jackson gives us the blitz protection we dont have with anyone else, and thats why orton has looked so bad in the past 2 game weeks. We still have a chance and us as fans need to fight for our team.

Thank you very much!WE LOVE YOUR OPTIMISM when things seem so bleak.Would you like a job in our PR dept.?

Barack hussein Obama

It's a slippery slope when you start predicting crap, and passing it off as fact. Calling the season over leads to the awesome predictions during the preseason. Who cares if you are right, or wrong, enjoy football season root for our team and the Bills playing. It will be over soon enough and the cravings will begin again.

People are always in such a rush for it to be over. Still nearly half a season left.

Im still watching this team just done trying to convince myself they are good

The Bills are currently in 7th place in the race for the two wild card spots. Note that this already accounts for 4 division winners, so that makes them 11th overall in record in the AFC. Out of 16 teams. We could talk tiebreakers (where there is little help), but just to get to the point where they come into play the Bills would have to almost win out anyway. 5-5 now and 10-6 is going to be needed to get a WC spot. Heck, there might be a 10-6 team that doesn't make it so 11-5 would be needed to be certain of getting a spot. That means the Bills have to either win their last 6 or go 5-1 and get some help on tiebreakers. Anyone see that happening? I didn't think so.

You nailed it, BarleyNY.

This is why I am down. Now that doesn't mean I'm going to stop cheering the Bills on, because they are my team. And who knows, with the way this season has gone, maybe the Bills can get their sh** together and go 6-0 the rest of the way. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

The Bills had a real opportunity to show that they deserve to be in the thick of the playoff hunt and once again they failed to do that. Hell, if they had won just one of these games against KC or Miami, there would still be a lot of optimism around here. 6-4 is light years better than 5-5. But that didn't happen.

It's sickening to watch this team, with all the talent they have, to continue to play sub-par.

I'll still be at the Raiders game cheering my heart out for the Bills, no matter what. But right now, the excitement I had for the season has been tempered drastically.

If you really believe this, be prepared to be totally disappointed. What about this group of players and coaching staff gives you the impression that they are up for answering the bell? This is and has been maybe the softest team mentally in the NFL for years. They have no pride, no passion, no fire, etc. They are right where they want to be because it is their comfort zone.

When was the last time that the bills beat a truly premier team that was playing at the top of their game? I can't think of a time. Guess what...they have to do that 3 times to get to the playoffs.

I didn't say I bilieved it, but said it is possible. Anything can happen in the NFL.

But to say this team has no pride or passion? They certainly do, if you watch this D and there are some on offense that play above their expected abilities.

Another thing, this is not the same team that started the playoff drought. There's not one player on the roster from the team that started losing. It's like saying they never won in Chicago before this last time. It's not the same team.

Another thing, this is not the same team that started the playoff drought. There's not one player on the roster from the team that started losing. It's like saying they never won in Chicago before this last time. It's not the same team.

au contraire! I have been watching since well before the playoff drought, and have seen the same conservative game management, poor O-line play, bad quarterbacking, and defense that lets down or wears down when we need a stop the most. This is very much the same team, even if the names have changed.

Edited by WotAGuy

Uh because our team is mediocre AGAIN. Cause we aren't beating Denver and N England on the road and our chances of making the playoffs are slim and none (even if we win the tiebreakers are all bad). Cause we have watched this team and this organization fail miserably for 15 years now. Cause this offense is nearly unwatchable and we have an OC who is is wayyyy over his head. Cause our head coach talks about coaching up the O line and it is the worst unit on the team. Cause we are wasting what might be a once in a 25 year caliber d line. Cause we have no #1 draft choice and desperately need a #1 QB. Cause we have wasted the talent of CJ Spiller for 4 years and this dopey coaching staff was still clueless as to how to use him. Cause too many fans drink the Kool aid that this organization sells and it creates hopes that over and over and over (count to 15) are unfullfilled.

I could keep going but why bother.

That good enough for ya?

Exactly, couldn't be summed up any better. Me, personally, am beyond the mediocre QB play AGAIN this season. Orton played a tad above average the first couple games, and we were looking good and winning. He slipped back to what we're used to seeing, and we can't buy a touchdown.

I honestly don't see us winning another game this year, I really don't.

The people who are down are the ones that really thought the team had a chance at the playoffs this season. They thought Orton somehow was actually better than he was on the other teams he has played for. Marrone this year would "get it". Spiller was going to be an all star ... and so on. Reality has given them a harsh slap in the face. Almost anyone under those circumstances would be down.

Yes the team is mathematically alive. But even if god intervened and the Bills somehow managed to get to 10-6 (and this is what it would take), the tiebreakers would likely take the Bills out. It simply is not going to happen this year, no matter how much you Billieve.

Expressed graphically in the attachment (from (http://www.sportsclu...st/Buffalo.html)).

post-11748-0-68837400-1416234671_thumb.jpg

Edited by CodeMonkey