Who do you WANT as the Bills coach in 2015?

Kirby Jackson

Bills Head Coach 2015  

318 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the Bills Head Coach in 2015? (if you select other please indicate your choice in the comments)

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest disappointment with the Marrone hire is that we missed out on two legit offensive geniuses (Arians / Kelly)that off-season, we were sold by FO, that Marrone was aggressive, forward thinking innovator and we got yet another stodgy conservative HC.

I voted Harbaugh, because I think he has chops to bring in top OC and top DC, however, I'd be intrigued about luring Bowles from Arizona if he could bring Briles with him as OC. I think Briles might make jump to NFL for OC position.

I voted harbaugh but I would want to keep gym shorts but I don't see the two of them working together. Also the whole jim kelly thing

Good points!! So far Harbaugh has almost come to blows with our beloved defensive coordinator and punched the greatest QB in franchise history in the face.

That's part of the issue. I doubt that Schwartz stays if they hire a different head coach. With that being said this could be the 1st time that we see the difference between Ralph and Pegula. RW was not known for paying assistant coaches. If the Schwartz is the highest paid coordinator in the league (or at least 1 of them) I could see him swallowing his pride and remaining on the staff. The same could happen if Marrone stays and Schwartz is offered a head job like the Raiders. He may make the same money to remain as the Bills D coordinator for another year and have less of a chance of failure.

What are the jobs that will open up? Oakland. They are alright, not sure Schwartz would want to go to that circus. Atlanta. That's a possibility, but the defense is a mess, but maybe it'd be a project for him. I think that would be the most popular spot for any candidate, so the job will be very competitive.The Jest. Doubt it, they are in very very bad shape.

I think Atlanta is the only real landing spot. The Bills defense is very good and will only make Schwartz look better. If Pegula offers him a good chunk of change, I could see him staying.

My biggest disappointment with the Marrone hire is that we missed out on two legit offensive geniuses (Arians / Kelly)that off-season, we were sold by FO, that Marrone was aggressive, forward thinking innovator and we got yet another stodgy conservative HC.

I voted Harbaugh, because I think he has chops to bring in top OC and top DC, however, I'd be intrigued about luring Bowles from Arizona if he could bring Briles with him as OC. I think Briles might make jump to NFL for OC position.

You really think that Briles will leave the head coaching position of a top 10 team, making over $4M a year to be an OC? No chance IMO

I really think Coughlin retires if the Giants let him go.

Mike Francesca on WFAN has said more than a few times this past month that Coughlin wants no business in retiring from coaching (the way he says it, it sounds like he knows this from Coughlin himself). I think he would be the perfect match because I think Schwartz wouldn't feel slighted being passed over for Tom and we could keep the continuity on defense.

Edited by 1billsfan

Harbaugh would have this team in the playoffs before you could spit. Never happen though.

Harbaugh & Schwartz on the same team, with Jim Kelly as the patron alumni saint?

Get your popcorn ready.

Sorry Kirby, I don't want some pukey college coach who may or may not know wtf he is doing in the NFL.

I don't want an an NFL assistant who may or may not know know how to thoroughly do his job as an NFL HC in Adam Gase, Darrell Bevell.

I want an experienced NFL HC with a past history of winning. Jim Harbough- Bill Cowher would be my choices, and this new owner could afford to hire both. I want someone who knows talent at every NFL position so we won't ever need to see players like Cornell Green, Colin Brown, Doug Legursky, Justin Rodgers on the field in the Bills uni.

Mike Francesca on WFAN has said more than a few times this past month that Coughlin wants no business in retiring from coaching (the way he says it, it sounds like he knows this from Coughlin himself). I think he would be the perfect match because I think Schwartz wouldn't feel slighted being passed over for Tom and we could keep the continuity on defense.

Interesting. If that's the case, I would welcome Tom Coughlin to the Bills.

You really think that Briles will leave the head coaching position of a top 10 team, making over $4M a year to be an OC? No chance IMO

Probably not. However, Briles, at his core, wants validation and might see an OC position as the stepping stone to an NFL HC position and a chance to prove his system is superior to others in college and NFL.

In full disclosure, I am a parent of a Baylor student and have followed the program intently over the past 5 years and have made several personal connections along the way. I would hate to see Briles leave for any position in the NFL (except the Bills).

Sorry Kirby, I don't want some pukey college coach who may or may not know wtf he is doing in the NFL.

I don't want an an NFL assistant who may or may not know know how to thoroughly do his job as an NFL HC in Adam Gase, Darrell Bevell.

I want an experienced NFL HC with a past history of winning. Jim Harbough- Bill Cowher would be my choices, and this new owner could afford to hire both. I want someone who knows talent at every NFL position so we won't ever need to see players like Cornell Green, Colin Brown, Doug Legursky, Justin Rodgers on the field in the Bills uni.

For me personally I could care less WHERE a guy coached. College coaches (Carroll, Harbaugh, Kelly) are all having success. I care WHAT he coaches and HOW it has worked. Malzahn was a high school coach not long ago, so were Freeze and Briles. All 3 of them are coaching top 10 teams. Get an innovator on offense and your team will improve.

Probably not. However, Briles, at his core, wants validation and might see an OC position as the stepping stone to an NFL HC position and a chance to prove his system is superior to others in college and NFL.

In full disclosure, I am a parent of a Baylor student and have followed the program intently over the past 5 years and have made several personal connections along the way. I would hate to see Briles leave for any position in the NFL (except the Bills).

I think the world of him as a football coach. He's great. They say that he is a great guy as well. That program is in good hands.