Could this be possible?

bobobonators

He'll get big bucks if he stays off the weed. My concern is what he does after. Will he pull a haynesworth? He has had motivational issues in the past

Haynesworth was a complete dirt bag! His play showed it.

Big D was a lil immature but seems to be coming around. I wouldn't put em in the same sentence.

Haynesworth was talented for a couple years, I can see Bid d as one of the best all time. Sign the kid up!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Haynesworth comparison is scary. On the flip side of that, it would be a kick in the nuts to let Dareus walk and he becomes the next Sapp, if not better.

Yeah I'm just hoping they pull off a performance laden deal, with considerably less guaranteed than mccoy. He gave them the ammunition with his off field nonsense the last few years. If not franchise his fat ass

The Jets hung up and said that they are good with Wilkerson and Richardson.

I promise you (promise) that the McCoy, Suh and Dareus contracts are all very similar.

I feel when its all said and done Suh will get paid more than McCoy and Dareus will get paid more than all. Suh is 3 years older than Dareus.

Let me repeat this for my client: he is 24yrs old and is on pace to break the single season sack record at the DT position.

Mccoy and Suh's numbers are comparable to my client's - if you combine them together that is.

Hoyer? No, just no. If a Hughes deal makes sense then they should do it, but with incentives based on production and games played. Spend some money on a guard for sure, get the best one in free agency. Don't get a Chris Williams. Draft the biggest receiver in the draft in the mid to late rounds. Draft a running back, fred is old. Everything else is minor compared to those needs

Edited by SJDK

Haynesworth was a complete dirt bag! His play showed it.

Big D was a lil immature but seems to be coming around. I wouldn't put em in the same sentence.

Haynesworth was talented for a couple years, I can see Bid d as one of the best all time. Sign the kid up!

so you're saying it's complete coincidence MD's playing lights out as he approaches new contract talks? Could be but I have my doubts. And if he is playing for contract, isnt that real risk he returns to his old inconsistent self after he gets the bucks?

Dareus is 1 yr younger than JJ Watt. It's hard to believe b/c if feels Dareus has been around forever now, but the beast is still 24 yrs old. If Dareus continues at this pace (which I'm hoping for), any chance Dareus breaks Watt's record contract?

This man-child is having a JJ Watt type season this year and is on pace for almost 20 sacks from the DT POSITION!

Dareus is going to blow McCoy's contract out of the water, in my opinion. God (Pegula) help us.

Salary geniuses. Break it down for me how we can keep Dareus, MW, Hughes, and KW on this D-line.

Looking at KW's contract - man we got a bargain for the production he puts out, and he's still signed through 2016, after which he'll probably be released bc he'll be like 33/34.

But back on topic - Will Dareus break Watt's record contract for a defensive player?

I'd give Dareus a 10yr contract and keep him as a Bill for life.

I don't even remember which quarter it was, but there was a play where Smith slipped out of the pocket, and Darius sprinted after him, and Smith threw it away. I just couldn't believe how fast Darius moved, considering his size. This is one of the things I truly love about football: Every type of athlete is represented on the field. And, Darius is an exceptional example of his type of athlete.

This place has a lot of solid posters but the bad ones are really, really bad which makes it insufferable at times.

so you're saying it's complete coincidence MD's playing lights out as he approaches new contract talks? Could be but I have my doubts. And if he is playing for contract, isnt that real risk he returns to his old inconsistent self after he gets the bucks?

He made mistakes off the field but has crushed on the field, stop being a negative nerd and hop on the MD train.

I don't see it. One difference is Dareus was groomed as a Bill and may feel a bit more inclined to stay here. Of course if there are any changes made in the off season to the coaching could affect his thinking though. The same could be said for Hughes but I feel that it will just be about the money for him, having no obligation to the franchise. I hope that I'm wrong but that is what I suspect.

It's all about the money for 99.9% of the players. Both will take the largest contracts available to them. Hopefully we can keep this unit together, but I suspect we'll lose 1 or 2 pieces of it soon.

marcel is not going anywhere for another 3 years.

bills already excercised his option for 2015 at about $8 mil

they can tag him in 2016 for about $10 mil

they can tag him again in 2017 for about $12 mil

In my opinion applying the franchise tag not once but twice to Dareus would be an unmitigated disaster. This franchise does not have an institutional history of keeping their own high-price FA so franchising Dareus would not be reassuring at all for him. A one-time franchise tag maybe. But twice? No way. I dont want to relive Byrd.

I don't see it. One difference is Dareus was groomed as a Bill and may feel a bit more inclined to stay here. Of course if there are any changes made in the off season to the coaching could affect his thinking though. The same could be said for Hughes but I feel that it will just be about the money for him, having no obligation to the franchise. I hope that I'm wrong but that is what I suspect.

In talking with Dareus I think it be the other way. I just gr8 the impression he has no loyalty to buffalo. Understandable. He will not stop until he is the highest paid DT and i wouldn't be shocked if he wanted to be the highest paid DL on whatever team he goes to.

I feel when its all said and done Suh will get paid more than McCoy and Dareus will get paid more than all. Suh is 3 years older than Dareus.

Let me repeat this for my client: he is 24yrs old and is on pace to break the single season sack record at the DT position.

Mccoy and Suh's numbers are comparable to my client's - if you combine them together that is.

He may very well get the highest DT contract but it will be in line with those 2. McCoy got $98M, maybe Suh gets $100m and Dareus $102m. Players are slotted by position. That's why Dareus won't get Watt money. MD won't be getting DE money. Watt is at nearly $17M a year. MD will be between $14 & $15M. Jimmy Graham got TE money and not WR money. Either way that is a massive contract and the guaranteed money is all that matters. That will be interesting to see.

Daruis is getting a 120 million with

to keep him the next three year he gets 36 million in guaranteed money so that is the jump off point

figure 25 million bonus 50 total guaranteed money

couple of back loaded years and you get 8-120

pay the man

I love Dareus, probably as much as anyone on this board. With that being said I can't see him being the highest paid defensive player ever. Patrick Peterson's contract averages $14M a year, as does McCoy's and Richard Sherman's. That is the range that he will be in.

No way Pegula lets either one go

The question of signing Hughes was asked early in the season. Chris brown gave his opinion, It is question 4. He basically says that the the amount of money Hughes may be asking for, added to what Williams, Williams, and Dareus will be making, would eat up a significant portion of the salary cap just for the defensive line.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2014/08/15/fan-friday-8-15/

The question of signing Hughes was asked early in the season. Chris brown gave his opinion, It is question 4. He basically says that the the amount of money Hughes may be asking for, added to what Williams, Williams, and Dareus will be making, would eat up a significant portion of the salary cap just for the defensive line.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2014/08/15/fan-friday-8-15/

So you're saying we have a chance. lol.

All kidding aside, if we can somehow manage to keep Hughes and Dareus, enabling us to have MW, KW, MD, and JH it would give this team an identity for the next few years.

KW is 31. MW is 29 going on 30 so you figure the two only have 2 MAYBE 3 good years left where this D-line can absolutely DOMINATE.

Dareus and Hughes could be the present and the future. Dareus is 24 and Hughes is 26 - Hughes just entered his prime and Dareus is just starting to tap his potential.

But picture this: Lets say we franchise Dareus 1 year and then don't resign him. In 3 years the only piece left from this Dline may be? Nobody. Best case, we'd have a 33 year old MW. We can't let that happen folks.

Keep Hughes and Dareus at ANY cost.

I love Dareus, probably as much as anyone on this board. With that being said I can't see him being the highest paid defensive player ever. Patrick Peterson's contract averages $14M a year, as does McCoy's and Richard Sherman's. That is the range that he will be in.

I'm 100% in agreement with you on a personal level. Just playing devil's advocate again though for Dareus (b/c you know this is going to happen with his agent):

I understand my client is a DT and not a DE, but my client puts up DE numbers at the DT position. How many DT in the NFL post +15 sacks? (lets assume Dareus drops off a bit and finishes with 15 sacks).

My client wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL. His skill-set is unmatched at the position. He hasn't even entered his prime yet.