Could this be possible?

bobobonators

Dareus is 1 yr younger than JJ Watt. It's hard to believe b/c if feels Dareus has been around forever now, but the beast is still 24 yrs old. If Dareus continues at this pace (which I'm hoping for), any chance Dareus breaks Watt's record contract?

This man-child is having a JJ Watt type season this year and is on pace for almost 20 sacks from the DT POSITION!

Dareus is going to blow McCoy's contract out of the water, in my opinion. God (Pegula) help us.

Salary geniuses. Break it down for me how we can keep Dareus, MW, Hughes, and KW on this D-line.

Looking at KW's contract - man we got a bargain for the production he puts out, and he's still signed through 2016, after which he'll probably be released bc he'll be like 33/34.

But back on topic - Will Dareus break Watt's record contract for a defensive player?

I'd give Dareus a 10yr contract and keep him as a Bill for life.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that McCoy's contract is what we are looking at. McCoy is 1 year ahead of Dareus, both were 3rd overall picks and after this year both will have been to multiple Pro Bowls. McCoy got 7 years and $100M. They are thought of as 2 of the best handful of DTs in the league.

I have Hughes in the Tamba Hali range. His value is climbing every game. Something like the 5 year $60M deal that Hali signed should be in the neighborhood.

The Bills will allocate large portions of those deals to next year as they have a good deal of cap space coming up.

I think that McCoy's contract is what we are looking at. McCoy is 1 year ahead of Dareus, both were 3rd overall picks and after this year both will have been to multiple Pro Bowls. McCoy got 7 years and $100M. They are thought of as 2 of the best handful of DTs in the league.

I have Hughes in the Tamba Hali range. His value is climbing every game. Something like the 5 year $60M deal that Hali signed should be in the neighborhood.

The Bills will allocate large portions of those deals to next year as they have a good deal of cap space coming up.

Boy, if we could get Dareus for Mccoy money, I think it will be a bargain. Devils advocate from Dareus' camp: I'm 2 years younger than McCoy, I've played 1 less season than McCoy, yet I have 5 more career sacks. Dareus is going to want more money, I'm sure.

I can see the Hali range for Hughes though..

Edited by bobobonators

Warren Sapp - arguably best DT of all time. Dareus is on pace to have more sacks than Sapp ever had in a single season. Dareus is on pace to tie the single season sack record for a DT of 18 set by Keith Millard.

And the guy is a beast vs. the run.

Dareus > McCoy.

Pegula better start selling some investments :thumbsup:

Edited by bobobonators

yes, McCoy is a good benchmark. if Suh's contract comes first, it will also be relevant - i'm curious to see how they'll compare.

Boy, if we could get Dareus for Mccoy money, I think it will be a bargain. Devils advocate from Dareus' camp: I'm 2 years younger than McCoy, I've played 1 less season than McCoy, yet I have 5 more sacks. Dareus is going to want more money, I'm sure.

I can see the Hali range for Hughes though..

The flip side to the McCoy argument is that McCoy has been consistent from the start of his career and not had the off the field issues. It's hardly a bargain at $100M but those contracts will be very, very, very close (if not identical). Contracts are always based on comps and there is no better comp than that and whatever Suh gets. Even at $100M you have to sign Marcell. He has been dominant this year.

Can they afford both Hughes and Dareus? What about QB? What if someone like Hoyer becomes available? Assuming he continues to play at the level he is, I'd let Hughes walk and go after Hoyer because they won't be able to Hoyer, Hughes and Dareus.

Is Hoyer better than orton? I'm not sure. And he's actually not that much younger at 29. No thanks. I'd keep Orton.

Warren Sapp - arguably best DT of all time. Dareus is on pace to have more sacks than Sapp ever had in a single season. Dareus is on pace to tie the single season sack record for a DT of 18 set by Keith Millard.

And the guy is a beast vs. the run.

Dareus > McCoy.

Pegula better start selling some investments :thumbsup:

I love Dareus but they are in the same league. Dareus plays with FAR superior players on the d line which makes his job a lot easier than McCoys. McCoy was the highest ranked DT in the league last year according to the players. They are both great.

The flip side to the McCoy argument is that McCoy has been consistent from the start of his career and not had the off the field issues. It's hardly a bargain at $100M but those contracts will be very, very, very close (if not identical). Contracts are always based on comps and there is no better comp than that and whatever Suh gets. Even at $100M you have to sign Marcell. He has been dominant this year.

I like the negotiation Kirby. I LIKE IT!!! But my client is a DE playing the DT position and is a dual threat vs. the run/pass. McCoy is a nice little player but there's simply no comparison. Dareus has played every single game since being drafted by your team - and has progressed each and every season until WHAM, YOU NOW HAVE THE GOAT AT THE DT POSITION. McCoy has been injury prone and seriously needs to put on some more weight before he steps in my client's shoes.

I want 8 years - 110 million - 60million guaranteed.

I love Dareus but they are in the same league. Dareus plays with FAR superior players on the d line which makes his job a lot easier than McCoys. McCoy was the highest ranked DT in the league last year according to the players. They are both great.

Wow, you're really upsetting my client with this NONSENSE.

Can they afford both Hughes and Dareus? What about QB? What if someone like Hoyer becomes available?

I don't see it. One difference is Dareus was groomed as a Bill and may feel a bit more inclined to stay here. Of course if there are any changes made in the off season to the coaching could affect his thinking though. The same could be said for Hughes but I feel that it will just be about the money for him, having no obligation to the franchise. I hope that I'm wrong but that is what I suspect.