Do We Really Want a Republican President?

Not as a percentage of their wealth. A middle class person pays a higher percentage of what they make and own to taxes than the top 1 percent do

Sometimes I think no one can be this stupid. And then you post again and I have to rethink myself.

Tell me...what percentage of your wealth do you pay in taxes every year?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as a percentage of their wealth. A middle class person pays a higher percentage of what they make and own to taxes than the top 1 percent do

I can't for the life of me figure out how you can use a computer. Hell, how do you even manage to live in the real world? Do you repeatedly stab yourself in the eye with your fork while trying to eat, or routinely get your fingers tangled in your velcro shoe straps when you tie them?

What the !@#$ does that have to do with anything? Taxes are already paid on income as it's earned you pathetic retard. That's what 'wealth' is, what you save after taxes.

If you had more than $12 in the bank maybe you'd understand that.

And no a middle class person does NOT pay a higher % of what they earn.

What the !@#$ does that have to do with anything? Taxes are already paid on income as it's earned you pathetic retard. That's what 'wealth' is, what you save after taxes.

hey, right wing tough guy, it's about purchasing power. if you can buy 18, 911's or a pack of bologna after taxes, thyat's what's important. what would you do with 18 or 100 911's anyway? i doubt anyone here including "security" have any idea.

I can't for the life of me figure out how you can use a computer. Hell, how do you even manage to live in the real world? Do you repeatedly stab yourself in the eye with your fork while trying to eat, or routinely get your fingers tangled in your velcro shoe straps when you tie them?

Did this touch a raw nerve with cranky Tom? So you were crying like a little baby even before the game started? Wow! Did you make it to end of the game or were you falling down drunk and passed out?

Prove it little guy.

You saying I have $12 in the bank shows how much you rely on fantasy and making up the trash you spew. You are a simple emotional thinker

Only chance of that happening is to enact single-term limits for everyone.

Prez: 1 term, six years

Senate: 1 term, six years

House: 1 term, four years.

No re-elections. No career politicians.

4-6 years is plenty of time for lobbyists to buy a politician. Especially if said lobbyists are giving money to campaign efforts.

Did this touch a raw nerve with cranky Tom? So you were crying like a little baby even before the game started? Wow! Did you make it to end of the game or were you falling down drunk and passed out?

Prove it little guy.

You saying I have $12 in the bank shows how much you rely on fantasy and making up the trash you spew. You are a simple emotional thinker

At least he's a thinker. One of these days you'll figure out there is a difference between income and wealth.

hey, right wing tough guy, it's about purchasing power. if you can buy 18, 911's or a pack of bologna after taxes, thyat's what's important. what would you do with 18 or 100 911's anyway? i doubt anyone here including "security" have any idea.

How does income tax affect wealth, other than to prevent the middle class from acquiring it?

How does income tax affect wealth, other than to prevent the middle class from acquiring it?

thinkl outside that little box brain of yours. other countries directly or indirectly tax wealth. no repug prez would ever consider it but a brave dem might.

thinkl outside that little box brain of yours. other countries directly or indirectly tax wealth. no repug prez would ever consider it but a brave dem might.

Give us a reason why we need to tax wealth and how would that be done and how would it be redistributed?

You're actually suggesting a tax on wealth would be a good idea? Can you envison any negative unintended consequences of such a policy?

Further, you never answered my question. How does a graduated income tax affect wealth, other that to prevent the middle class from acquiring it?

So in conclusion, the poorest in the US pay a higher tax on wealth than the richest Americans, but only other countries directly tax wealth, so...REPUG!!!

Hard to understand how your party got embarrassingly wiped out last week.

So in conclusion, the poorest in the US pay a higher tax on wealth than the richest Americans, but only other countries directly tax wealth, so...REPUG!!!

How about a tax on clueless doctors. I'm sure he doesn't mind that.

so in conclusion, the wealth and income disparity between the very thin upper crust and everyone else is rapidly increasing and already problematic. there are mechanisms available through taxation that could mitigate the further rise of that discrepancy.

so in conclusion, the wealth and income disparity between the very thin upper crust and everyone else is rapidly increasing and already problematic. there are mechanisms available through taxation that could mitigate the further rise of that discrepancy.

You keep stating that they're problematic. I see no evidence of specific problems, however.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

You didn't answer my question. How is this wealth tax going to "trickle down" to the middle class and the poor?

No, you didn't touch a nerve. It's just a marvel that someone as brainless as you hasn't been naturally selected out of the gene pool yet.