Do We Really Want a Republican President?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huh? i don't believe in voodoo, trickle down economics. it doesn't work.

Who said anything about voodoo trickle down economics. The purpose of this "wealth tax" is to share the wealth correct? Shrink the gap between the haves and the have nots no? So...how does this money get to the have nots?

Who said anything about voodoo trickle down economics. The purpose of this "wealth tax" is to share the wealth correct? Shrink the gap between the haves and the have nots no? So...how does this money get to the have nots?

He's not interested in giving more to the poor. He just doesn't want the wealthy to have theirs. Take from the wealthy, make them poor as the poor, and then give it all to the government because, let's face it, only the government knows what's best for us.

That, sir, is the gatorman birddog trickle up poverty utopia.

social programs, education, roads, police, libraries, hospitals, public works, job training, public sector jobs, day care, public transport,universities,etc and yes, welfare programs for those that are beyond help.

social programs, education, roads, police, libraries, hospitals, public works, job training, public sector jobs, day care, public transport,universities,etc and yes, welfare programs for those that are beyond help.

Those don't exist now? :huh:

Methinks you don't know how the poor operate.

so in conclusion, the wealth and income disparity between the very thin upper crust and everyone else is rapidly increasing and already problematic. there are mechanisms available through taxation that could mitigate the further rise of that discrepancy.

How so?

Please explain which problems (other than jealousy from people like you and gatortard) would be helped if the net worth of a tiny % of the country suddenly disappeared?

The part that's really sad/scary is these retards fail to understand that building even more huge, expensive government bureaucracy will only require more and more resources as time passes. How do we pay for that? Well, they think "the rich" can (or will) just keep pumping out the wealth even if they are stealing every bit of it as it comes in.

I guess this all goes back to their complete lack of understanding as to how wealth is created and instead they cling to their 3d grade mindset that "wealth" is some fixed commodity that can be "distributed fairly" by some magic flying zucchini monster.

The part that's really sad/scary is these retards fail to understand that building even more huge, expensive government bureaucracy will only require more and more resources as time passes. How do we pay for that? Well, they think "the rich" can (or will) just keep pumping out the wealth even if they are stealing every bit of it as it comes in.

I guess this all goes back to their complete lack of understanding as to how wealth is created and instead they cling to their 3d grade mindset that "wealth" is some fixed commodity that can be "distributed fairly" by some magic flying zucchini monster.

My wife and I are already in discussion which country we're going to retire to. We have no kids and have lived away from both our families since we got married so living as an expat won't be a bid deal. Costa Rica is in the lead.

My wife and I are already in discussion which country we're going to retire to. We have no kids and have lived away from both our families since we got married so living as an expat won't be a bid deal. Costa Rica is in the lead.

You should start working to expatriate your assets now if that's your goal.

Let's go over these one by one and see how they'll help the poorl

Social programs: They have enough. The main reason they're poor is they don't work and don't need to work because social programs keep them just afloat and that's all they care about

Education: The poor drop out at an alarming rate anyway

Roads: If you're talking rebuilding our infrastructure that is something that is needed but is a short term fix. If you're talking about providing jobs for the poor see above about why most poor people are poor. They're happy there

Police: How is this going to advance the lifestyle of the poor? Many already consider the police the enemy

Libraries: One word. Seriously?!?!

Public Works: See roads

Job Training: Jobs? We don't need no stinking jobs

Public Sector Jobs: See above

Day Care: Why should I have to pay for the children they were unable to afford but decided it was a good idea to begin with.

Public Transport: I'll give you this one. This can always be improved

Universities: Most people are poor because they ain't smart enuff to get a decent job. Many barely make it out of high school.

Welfare for those beyond help: In place.

I heard a caller on the Alan Colmes show the other night. Sounded bright and said he wants to work but he can't because of medication. Well I don't know what meds he's on that prevent him from working but I have a 31 year old nephew who is severely autistic and has never spoken a day in his life. Quess what. He works.

You should start working to expatriate your assets now if that's your goal.

Good point.

You are so stupid. They exist now so they can't be bigger or smaller?

Please, tell us how the poor operate.

What's wrong with staying in the USA?

You are so stupid. They exist now so they can't be bigger or smaller?

Please, tell us how the poor operate.

They exist now so the "poor" in this country live better than any other in the world. So no need for it to be bigger. Now you mentioned smaller........

Regarding how they operate see my post above.

What's wrong with staying in the USA?

Too many people like you.

Social programs: They have enough. The main reason they're poor is they don't work and don't need to work because social programs keep them just afloat and that's all they care about

So ignorant. So many want good jobs but for a million reasons can't find one, can't get to it or are not qualified. Nothing can solve all the problems of the poor, but simply having jobs available solves so many social problems from crime down to chemical dependency, alcoholism and domestic abuse. The whole world use to be poor, now its not, and the change didn't happen because everyone suddenly got a work ethic

Only chance of that happening is to enact single-term limits for everyone.

Prez: 1 term, six years

Senate: 1 term, six years

House: 1 term, four years.

No re-elections. No career politicians.

:thumbsup: First building block in the foundation to return to a free country based on individual liberty not a collective.

They exist now so the "poor" in this country live better than any other in the world. So no need for it to be bigger. Now you mentioned smaller........

Yes! And it still sucks to be poor even here, even though its better than around the world. Poverty no matter where it is, even here, is a depressing, life shortening phenomenon. Look how many poor people end up in jail. Gees, they never had it so good!

Too many people like you.

What? You don't like Veterans like me?

I think you are drunk talking out your ass about leaving my country. But don't let the door hit you in the ass

So ignorant. So many want good jobs but for a million reasons can't find one, can't get to it or are not qualified. Nothing can solve all the problems of the poor, but simply having jobs available solves so many social problems from crime down to chemical dependency, alcoholism and domestic abuse. The whole world use to be poor, now its not, and the change didn't happen because everyone suddenly got a work ethic

And a very large portion of them have no desire to work because they don't have to. I see it almost every day.

Go to any urban Home Depot. How many Americans are out front looking for work. I'll tell you how many in front of the HD I shop at. Exactly ZERO. What does that tell you?

The whole world used to be poor? :lol:

What? You don't like Veterans like me?

I think you are drunk talking out your ass about leaving my country. But don't let the door hit you in the ass

Nice throw out the Veteran card. Oh that's different. Now I like you. :worthy:

:rolleyes:

Education: The poor drop out at an alarming rate anyway

Roads: If you're talking rebuilding our infrastructure that is something that is needed but is a short term fix. If you're talking about providing jobs for the poor see above about why most poor people are poor. They're happy there

Police: How is this going to advance the lifestyle of the poor? Many already consider the police the enemy

Libraries: One word. Seriously?!?!

Public Works: See roads

Job Training: Jobs? We don't need no stinking jobs

Public Sector Jobs: See above

Day Care: Why should I have to pay for the children they were unable to afford but decided it was a good idea to begin with.

Public Transport: I'll give you this one. This can always be improved

Universities: Most people are poor because they ain't smart enuff to get a decent job. Many barely make it out of high school.

Welfare for those beyond help: In place.

I heard a caller on the Alan Colmes show the other night. Sounded bright and said he wants to work but he can't because of medication. Well I don't know what meds he's on that prevent him from working but I have a 31 year old nephew who is severely autistic and has never spoken a day in his life. Quess what. He works.

Good point.

just a load of tired old myths. repeat em enough and you believe them. the few points that aren't myths relate to the current failure of certain systems like law enforcement. if it's broke you try to fix it not ignore it. same for education. transport is a huge issue for the working poor and those not working. better public transport would help enormously. you start from the assumption that the unemployerd don't want to work. that is certainly true for some but far from all unemployed. many would work if they could find a job and be able to commute to it.