When do the phantom calls against us stop??

Big Turk

So Chandler did touch him then? Ok. Henderson, not anyone, Henderson moved. Twice. Watch another replay and you'll see Williams made contact with the QB who was sliding. Period.

Making contact is legal. You are not allowed to "hit" the guy unnecessarily. He didn't hit the QB. He barely grazed him. If he didn't dive head first it wouldn't have been a penalty. Wuss ass NFL and their sissy quarterback calls. That play was not even close to unnecessary roughness.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making contact is legal. You are not allowed to "hit" the guy unnecessarily. He didn't hit the QB. He barely grazed him. If he didn't dive head first it wouldn't have been a penalty. Wuss ass NFL and their sissy quarterback calls. That play was not even close to unnecessary roughness.

it didn't help that he seemingly made no attempt to pull up. I know it's a bang bang play but it seemed like his first reaction was to get lower when he saw the slide.

it didn't help that he seemingly made no attempt to pull up. I know it's a bang bang play but it seemed like his first reaction was to get lower when he saw the slide.

You are right.

I didn't so much care about that call anyway because I knew the guy shouldn't have dove head first. That is what drew the flag.

But the other two calls mentioned were bogus in my opinion from someone who was at the game. They showed both replays on the jumbotron and netiher looked like a penalty to me. The fans at the game were exceptionally pissed especially after that 4th and one false star B.S. In fact, there was a moment where I thought people were going to rush the field and gang beat a ref.....that fourth down call was total bull ****. Refs made a game changing bad call there.

THis is what I think

- THe calls were correct

- Even though the calls were correct....you can be sure we will play a team in the near future that will do that same **** and get away with it against us

- That is what makes it bogus....its not consistant

That said.....if they would have not turned the ball over......we win this game

You are right.

I didn't so much care about that call anyway because I knew the guy shouldn't have dove head first. That is what drew the flag.

But the other two calls mentioned were bogus in my opinion from someone who was at the game. They showed both replays on the jumbotron and netiher looked like a penalty to me. The fans at the game were exceptionally pissed especially after that 4th and one false star B.S. In fact, there was a moment where I thought people were going to rush the field and gang beat a ref.....that fourth down call was total bull ****. Refs made a game changing bad call there.

No other way to say this. Find someone with a TV...

Edited by Mr. WEO

I watched the NFL for the past 35 years. In that time period I have noticed the officiating has plummeted in quality esp in the last decade. Instant replay has taken care of a lot of bad decisions when it comes to turnovers etc but the real problem still lies with the penalty calling. The refs have shown themselves to consistently incompetent on their interpretation of the rules. Phantom calls, bad calls etc. Granted the game is faster and the guys are bigger so it has to be a harder job to see what actually happened on any given play. BUT why are these refs still so old? Quite honestly they seem to be out of position and they miss stuff all the time. Would younger refs do a better job? Well they couldnt do a worse one. It seems to me that the NFL really needs to upgrade the training of these guys, hire younger guys or if not make a coaches challenge for penalties.

I watched the NFL for the past 35 years. In that time period I have noticed the officiating has plummeted in quality esp in the last decade. Instant replay has taken care of a lot of bad decisions when it comes to turnovers etc but the real problem still lies with the penalty calling. The refs have shown themselves to consistently incompetent on their interpretation of the rules. Phantom calls, bad calls etc. Granted the game is faster and the guys are bigger so it has to be a harder job to see what actually happened on any given play. BUT why are these refs still so old? Quite honestly they seem to be out of position and they miss stuff all the time. Would younger refs do a better job? Well they couldnt do a worse one. It seems to me that the NFL really needs to upgrade the training of these guys, hire younger guys or if not make a coaches challenge for penalties.

Isn't Pete Rose an NFL ref now?

Maybe he taught the refs how to gamble on games in vegas without getting caught?

Not that it really matters now, but could someone that watches college football tell me if Henderson's "twitch" move is used in college at all to try and draw defensive linemen offsides? It was obviously deliberate and seems like it would actually work most of the time, especially in college.

Or was it just a rogue attempt by Henderson that he thought he could get away with and will get chewed out for by the coaches?

I'm so tired of these phantom calls against us every game...in this case 3 of them this game...

1) Roughing the passer on Williams. View on the jumbotron clearly shows he went over the top of Smith and brushed his shoulder...nonsense call considering I've seen guys hit the QBs while sliding full force and get no calls

2) False start on 4th and 1...the entire stadium and Bills team knew it was a KC player that jumped offsides. However the ref calls it on us...wtf???? Are you serious??

3) PI on Chandler...Might have completely whiffed, but at worst barely even contacts the LB yet gets flagged. Meanwhile Gronkowski shoves our player to the ground, turns around and makes the catch in the NE game and no call...just brutal...

These calls led to 3 KC points and 2 punts for the Bills...

Combine this with boneheaded fumbles by Brown running into the endzone and McKelvin on the punt return, along with Orton missing wide open receivers much of the game and its too much to overcome...we are not good enough to have to beat the other team and the refs

I was wondering when this thread would appear. I know the stadium thought they were all bad calls, my wife and son were there and thought the same thing. But on TV they showed every call you referenced was correct.

The Bills lost this game, not the zebras. Deal with it.

No other way to say this. Find someone with a TV...

Exactly.

Not that it really matters now, but could someone that watches college football tell me if Henderson's "twitch" move is used in college at all to try and draw defensive linemen offsides? It was obviously deliberate and seems like it would actually work most of the time, especially in college.

Or was it just a rogue attempt by Henderson that he thought he could get away with and will get chewed out for by the coaches?

Honestly, I think he just jumped by accident. But the rule is in place to prevent intentionally drawing the D off-sides for first down. It was in the past done exactly by the )-line guy twitching just a bit. It used to work all the time.

Honestly, I think he just jumped by accident. But the rule is in place to prevent intentionally drawing the D off-sides for first down. It was in the past done exactly by the )-line guy twitching just a bit. It used to work all the time.

There's no way it was an accident. A guy that big, that heavy, to have such a minor and subtle muscle twitch twice without the rest of his body moving.... It seems like it would have been brilliant if it had worked. I'm just trying to figure out if he carried that over from college or if it was a strategy in place once he got to the Pros.

There's no way it was an accident. A guy that big, that heavy, to have such a minor and subtle muscle twitch twice without the rest of his body moving.... It seems like it would have been brilliant if it had worked. I'm just trying to figure out if he carried that over from college or if it was a strategy in place once he got to the Pros.

I think the move is deliberate

https://t.co/ZJTyKmdCuU

I think the move is deliberate

https://t.co/ZJTyKmdCuU

Agreed. I've just honestly never seen that before. Have any of you?

I mean is it some kind of crazy new strategy the OC decided to try, or Henderson thought he could get away with, or what?

I guess I just want to know if they do that in college ball, and if not, who decided to try it in the NFL? It's kinda ballsy.