Nice coaching, awesome job

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what's going on. I haven't been a Hackett fan, but somewhere inside I was hoping fixing the OL would help down the road and he would be good enough. The OL was good today. Between the 20's the offense is solid. Some head scratching calls, but all in all an ok game called.

I guess I am wondering, where is the problem. The biggest flaw on this team is the O in general not just the OL. Run game worked today. Should have helped the passing game. WR corps is pretty good. Orton is making plays. I am just at a loss as to what the upgrade is to fix the problem.

I was thinking after the game today, throwing out stats and stuff like yards per game or points. This D has to be the best in the NFL when you consider that total lack of output/help they get on the other side of the ball. A top 15 offense makes this defense look out of this world. That's not asking much, just be average or slightly better than average on offense.

I don't know what's going on. I haven't been a Hackett fan, but somewhere inside I was hoping fixing the OL would help down the road and he would be good enough. The OL was good today. Between the 20's the offense is solid. Some head scratching calls, but all in all an ok game called.

I guess I am wondering, where is the problem. The biggest flaw on this team is the O in general not just the OL. Run game worked today. Should have helped the passing game. WR corps is pretty good. Orton is making plays. I am just at a loss as to what the upgrade is to fix the problem.

I was thinking after the game today, throwing out stats and stuff like yards per game or points. This D has to be the best in the NFL when you consider that total lack of output/help they get on the other side of the ball. A top 15 offense makes this defense look out of this world. That's not asking much, just be average or slightly better than average on offense.

Yup. Fluke plays killed us. Killer fumbles. But it happens. We win a few games right at the end, too.

Offensive playcalling in the redzone.

Hard to say that when Orton missed two TD throws in the red zone with misses to Chandler/Hogan and the terrible Brown fumble/Chandler missed recovery. Bottom line is they found ways to lose a critical game that was handed to an AFC playoff competitor.

Good thing Glass Goodwin was active instead of a red zone threat like Mike Williams. :thumbsup:

Goodwin should just go away. And we should draft a player in his mold (Graham, Parrish) for another 10 years.

Otherwise, Brown singlehandedly lost this game. We shouldn't expect Orton to play like an elite QB. He played his game and it was enough to win this one. Now the sky's falling.

You have to love that players get 100% of the blame when the team doesn't win. It's a nuanced discussion, but right now more than 50% of the problem does their work from the sideline.

The offense is anemic, unimaginative, and boring to be brutally honest. I thought Marrone was going to be an innovative coach, and he's a really more of the same: annoyingly conservative when there's a calculated risk to take.

They're wasting good players and I hope the Pegulas are watching. Time to clean out everyone. This is more of the same.

This was a game of two evenly matched teams. The difference in the game was Brown and McKelvin's fumbles. We lost a TD with Brown's fumble and we gave them a TD with McKelvin's fumble. There were few innovative plays called from either sideline. It was a close to the vest type game for both teams. Both HCs took the same conservative approach for their respective teams.

The main problem for the Bills had little to do with the conservative nature of the offense. Taking a conservative approach was not an imprudent way to manage this game. The bottom line is that there were two major miscues (turnovers) that were most responsible for the outcome. It's frustrating but it's the reality of this game. Marrone wasn't outcoached by Reid and Reid wasn't outcoached by Marrone. The winning and losing margin was due to critical mistakes made by the Bills and KC's ability to capitalize on those excruciating turnovers.

Hard to say that when Orton missed two TD throws in the red zone with misses to Chandler/Hogan and the terrible Brown fumble/Chandler missed recovery. Bottom line is they found ways to lose a critical game that was handed to an AFC playoff competitor.

I'd say when playing the #1 ranked pass defense in the league who has an average run defense, passing 6 times on 2 drives inside the 15 is really, really bad playcalling.

I'd say when playing the #1 ranked pass defense in the league who has an average run defense, passing 6 times on 2 drives inside the 15 is really, really bad playcalling.

Were the players not open on those plays? Were the players not open when they dropped the passes? Look I'm not saying there are times where the coaches try to out-mart themselves but every game is different from the other. I didn't see much opposition to passing when we started the game attacking the Chiefs and scoring in the opening drive.

This one I blame more on the players than the coaches. And we have won three games right at the end, and lost two.

It's really tough to blame Schwartz when he called such a great game and his defense was ridiculously good, but rushing three on third and 8 was a head scratcher.

Hackett called a very good game outside of the red zone and then he just outsmarted himself.

Marrone is very erratic on in game decisions. I didnt mind some of the ones people here are all over him for.

The Cheifs only made a few big plays the entire game but they made them when most needed.

Yup....

Hackett actually called a pretty good game in my opinion. Not perfect, but way, way, way better than previous games.

Schwartz.....kills me how he refuses to bring pressure in situations where it demands it.........How can he have the defense that well prepared and then miss these obvious situational calls......maddening....

The players had multiple opportunities to put this game away and they choked....

Yup....

Hackett actually called a pretty good game in my opinion. Not perfect, but way, way, way better than previous games.

Schwartz.....kills me how he refuses to bring pressure in situations where it demands it.........How can he have the defense that well prepared and then miss these obvious situational calls......maddening....

The players had multiple opportunities to put this game away and they choked....

It was almost reminiscent of the Pats 3rd and 16. :wallbash:

You don't go for it on 4th and an inch but go for it on 4th and 10 with all timeouts and this defense? Kick the Field goal and then all you needed was FG range. I hate this team.

That whole series was a F up.

Bryce Brown and Boobie was working on that drive. They get into the redZone by Bryce setting up a 2nd and 1 in the teens.

2nd and 1 in the teens should give OCs Rock hard boners. You can just violate the defense in so many different holes. Play action and take a shot on the endzone

Noooo!

They shove it up the gut and the defense was just waiting for it.

Then you get stuck and run it again.

Theme you throw 4 stupid passes in the endzone.

The Bills always clear out and throw underneath but then where it would be effective, They Don't!

That is where you run a play like that.

The defense is protecting the endzone in a passing situation. Throw it short and maybe pickup the first down. Maybe get a TD.

WTF were those passes!

Just a classic Bills loss where they do everything they can to lose the game.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Were the players not open on those plays? Were the players not open when they dropped the passes? Look I'm not saying there are times where the coaches try to out-mart themselves but every game is different from the other. I didn't see much opposition to passing when we started the game attacking the Chiefs and scoring in the opening drive.

Doesn't matter. An OC should know:

1. KC is ranked #1 in the league in pass defense

2. KC has given up over 5 yards per carry through the season

3. You just ran the ball for over 60 yards down their throats to get to the 4 yard line

4. You're in 4 down territory and have 4 chances to use a heavy runner like Dixon or Summers to get 4 freaking yards for a TD

5. Not to pass 4 times in a row with Kyle Orton, who is not Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

I didn't agree with everything Marrone did today, but costly player mistakes, bad offensive line play and bad calls lost this game. I completely disagree that this was the game that exposed our coaching staff.

Andy Reid is laughing all the way back to KC. 1st and 10 on the KC 14, and you get NO yards, and 4 straight passes for INC?