Nice coaching, awesome job

Coaching can only do so much when you don't have above average QB play. Unfortunately, that's the way the NFL works. 1st round mistakes at QB usually take a couple years to overcome. I'd keep Marrone around, and get rid of Whaley.

Today the below average QB won. This game was lost by the 2 turnovers. Any further discussion on what cost us the game is a waste of time.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"He just stinks and that screams from the television every Sunday" Did you come up with that one? A couple more and you may convince me. :D

Who knows what happens with Mike Williams? I won't venture to guess what goes on in the locker room. You say that Marrone is out coached every Sunday and he's a loser, I feel quite differently about him. I see the team playing with toughness and conservative or not the team is in every game it plays with a chance to win at the end. All of this with average to below average QB play.

Finally some substance. I disagree but it is substance. I agree on QB but I see a rotating door on a thin skinned coach's doghouse. Stevie, Williams, Urbik, Hilliard, and on and on. Meanwhile deficient talent like Crossman and Lamb are rewarded. Also we saw no development from EJ. Whose job is that? It pains me to watch Talleywhacker playing well and EJ's career growth being stunted.

Finally some substance. I disagree but it is substance. I agree on QB but I see a rotating door on a thin skinned coach's doghouse. Stevie, Williams, Urbik, Hilliard, and on and on. Meanwhile deficient talent like Crossman and Lamb are rewarded. Also we saw no development from EJ. Whose job is that? It pains me to watch Talleywhacker playing well and EJ's career growth being stunted.

EJ stunted his own career growth with his horrible accuracy

Newer members, this thread provides a very nice screening if you will on which posters might just be out of their minds or overly emotional, and which ones understand the game of football. Makes a worthless thread quite meaningful :).

Oh and fumbles lost the game...

So did 6 points on 4 possessions in the RED ZONE. See Jets game.

I don't have inside info on those situations, for all I know Urbik doesn't want like to practice hard or what. I don't know if M. Williams was late for meetings. I don't like to speculate on things I don't know. You say the cause of this is Marrone, I can't be quite sure like you. Are the ST not better this year? In what way was Crossman rewarded?

The book on EJ is not closed yet,we will see in time what his benching meant for his development.

@mikerodak

From @ESPNStatsInfo: Why Bills going for it on 4th and 10 was wrong call: http://es.pn/1pFOOZv

Not very convincing, sorry. It also assumes the FG attempt (from at least 43 yards, in fairly difficult conditions) would be made. Kicking the FG is premised on the defense preventing the Chiefs from getting a first down, which we know they were not able to do. Edited by mannc

IMO Marrone made ONE bad decision today: not kicking the FG near the end of the game on 4th and 10.

Just look at the adjustments in the 3rd quarter. TWO long drives right down the field and Brown fumbles away 7 points and then they settle for 3 the next time. That's 11 points on the field.

Then McKelvin fumbles after a huge defensive stand. It took ALL of that for the Bills to lose by 4.

Players need to execute, plain and simple.

IMO Marrone made ONE bad decision today: not kicking the FG near the end of the game on 4th and 10.

Just look at the adjustments in the 3rd quarter. TWO long drives right down the field and Brown fumbles away 7 points and then they settle for 3 the next time. That's 11 points on the field.

Then McKelvin fumbles after a huge defensive stand. It took ALL of that for the Bills to lose by 4.

Players need to execute, plain and simple.

The decision to try to draw KC offsides on the 4th and inches was a gutless mistake IMO. Have a sack and go for it!

Can we just all make a pact here and quit moaning about the offensive play calling? This team moves the ball up and down the field with ease, no matter the personell. And in the red zone today, 3 easy td's were within reach via the playcall and poorly executed. This team has issues, but some people on this board need to realize Hackett isn't one of them

Marrone is in over his head.

Leodis is an awful football player.

Watkins isn't worth an extra 2015 1st round pick and a 4th.

The Cleveland Browns will be a playoff team before the Buffalo Bills.

I generally try to avoid talking in absolutes.

Marrone is in over his head.

Leodis is an awful football player.

Watkins isn't worth an extra 2015 1st round pick and a 4th.

The Cleveland Browns will be a playoff team before the Buffalo Bills.

Don't be a drama queen. Leodis is having a good year. Sammy is having a great year. Sometimes games are lost. Bills may or may not make the playoffs, but this is still obviously a much better team than we have seen in many many years. Game was winnable, but was lost. Sucks. But this is still a good team. For one we have something to build on instead of arguing about treating everything down. I've seen enough meltdowns to know today wasn't one. It was just a loss.