The "experts" take Week 10 - Chiefs at Bills

CodeMonkey

Microsofts Cortana - Kansas City Chiefs vs. Buffalo Bills — Chiefs win, 61.4% chance

Nate Silvers Elo Model: Chiefs favored 53% to 47% with a Elo point spread of 0.5.

CBS with spread (Bills +1.5): 3 take the Bills and 5 take the Chiefs

CBS Straight Up: 4 and the computer take the Bills, 4 take the Chiefs. Some bonehead named Ryan Wilson picked the Bills straight up but the Chiefs with the spread (Bills getting 1.5) ... WTF :)

ESPN: 4 take the Bills and 9 plus the computer take the Chiefs.

Article from fivethirtyeight (Nate Silvers site) about playoff implications of this weeks games. Bills/Chiefs listed as an important one.

"Other games of note include Kansas City visiting the Buffalo Bills, which will have huge playoff implications for the two participants (the rest of the AFC is mostly indifferent)."

http://fivethirtyeig...mi-and-detroit/

post-11748-0-16746700-1415286871_thumb.jpg

Edited by CodeMonkey

@WhatIfSports

Predictions for every Week 10 #NFL game, including our Game of the Week, #Chiefs at #Bills: http://foxs.pt/1sh25mU

Each Tuesday, WhatIfSports.com's NFL simulation engine will provide you with predictions, box scores and statistics for every NFL game that week. The NFL simulation engine generates detailed information including the home team's chances of winning (Home Win %), average score and comprehensive box score link. If you want to share your new found NFL knowledge with friends and family, make sure to check out our NFL Widgets on the WhatIf To Go page or click on the social networking share bar located at the top and bottom of the article.

Game of the Week: Chiefs at Bills

So who comes out on top in this Buffalo battle? According to the award-winning WhatIfSports.com NFL simulation engine, the Bills get the win 60.2 percent of the time by an average margin of 23-19. For the rest of this week's predictions and projections, check below:

FWIW

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/11/4/7148171/chiefs-bills-buying-selling-kyle-orton-week-10

Orton was already known as one of the better back-ups in the league, and he even has a 2-1 record as a starter with the Chiefs to close out the 2011 season. This season, however, it's clear the Bills offense is clicking with Orton at the helm. It's unknown whether or not the trend can continue, but one of those wins with Orton was on the road against the Detroit Lions. The Chiefs shouldn't underestimate Orton.

PFT’s Week Ten picks

Chiefs at Bills

MDS’s take: Who expected this game to have real AFC playoff implications? The winner will be in great shape in the wild card race, and I think the winner will be Kansas City, which will rely on its conservative, efficient offense to win a close, low-scoring game.

MDS’s pick: Chiefs 14, Bills 10.

Florio’s take: The last time Buffalo played, the Bills found motivation in the “experts” who picked the Jets to win. The Bills may find motivation this time around, too, but the opponent is a lot better than the Jets.

Florio’s pick: Chiefs 20, Bills 16.

KC.png 27 BUF.png 17

This game will come down to the host Bills' ability to protect Kyle Orton from the pass rush. Kansas City either sacks or knocks down opposing quarterbacks 28.3 percent of the time, which is the second-best rate in the AFC -- and Orton has been sacked on 10.8 percent of pass plays, the most of any quarterback in the NFL. Of course, Buffalo's pass rush is plenty stout in its own right, meaning the running backs could end up determining who wins. Give Kansas City the advantage there. I'm looking forward to this contest, as it is huge in terms of playoff positioning.

Speaking of, did you know the Chiefs ended the Bills' attempt to mount an AFL three-peat in 1966? Anyone?

? #KCvsBUF

Can Dolphins out-produce Stafford and Co.?

Ryan Tannehill's Miami Dolphins are riding high. Matthew Stafford's Detroit Lions will have Calvin Johnson back in the fold. Which QB will win his fourth straight? Elliot Harrison makes his Week 10 picks

KC has a very good pass defense and have done it without Eric Berry. He looked good last week for them. According to a post I seen on ArrowheadPride, it looks like he is playing a LB/S hybrid. Anyone see where he chased down Chris Johnson and knocked him out of bounds at the goal line? Have to run the ball effectively to win this game.

Trump was on M and M this morning picking games. Did anyone hear if he picked the Bills? I don't know if he picked all the games or just certain ones.

I think they only picked a few select games as the bit was recorded yesterday.

I don't remember exactly I was laughing too hard @ The Donald (Caliendo). I don't think Trump or Caliendo picked the Bills. They definitely didn't say anything about the purchase, so I'm going with no.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Trump was on M and M this morning picking games. Did anyone hear if he picked the Bills? I don't know if he picked all the games or just certain ones.

He only picked three games and the Chiefs-Bills game wasn't one of them. Although, Golic said his lock pick was Kansas City -2 over the Bills but then he said he wouldn't be surprised if the Bills won. He kind of negated his lock, but ya know, it is ESPN.

He only picked three games and the Chiefs-Bills game wasn't one of them. Although, Golic said his lock pick was Kansas City -2 over the Bills but then he said he wouldn't be surprised if the Bills won. He kind of negated his lock, but ya know, it is ESPN.

how is that a lock pick of he doesn't think it is a lock? Good grief.

Don Banks, SI - Week 10 NFL picks: Volatility at QB means plenty of midseason intrigue

This might be the biggest meeting of these two former AFL rivals since the 1993 AFC Championship Game, when Jim Kelly and the host Bills resoundingly stopped Joe Montana and Kansas City’s playoff run, earning a mind-boggling fourth consecutive Super Bowl trip for Buffalo. At the moment, the 5-3 Chiefs stand as the No. 6 seed in the AFC, with the 5-3 Bills just out of the money at No. 7 in the conference standings, so the winner gets a considerable boost in the playoff picture. You might have forgotten, but Kyle Orton, who is an impressive 3-1 as the Bills' starting quarterback, went 2-1 as the Chiefs’ No. 1 in 2011. So if Orton needs any extra motivation for this one, he’s facing one of his four former teams, with an even bigger matchup against another one (at Denver) looming in four weeks.

week-10-nfl-picks-predictions-projections-bills-chiefs.jpg

I ran the what if simulation and it had the bills winning 41-16! I'll take it except they had spiller score the first td and lee smith scoring a 46 yard td. Even with spiller out the first one has more of a chance of happening than the second!

I'm hoping the Bills play bump and run today instead of sitting back. That will diminish kcs ability to move the ball. I'm also hoping that the bye week was good for the offense and helped them get in a rhythm.