Fitzy to the bench in Houston

YoloinOhio

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The Bills have the best starting QB playing now, that they've had since Jim Kelly retired. In 1996. EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO.

2. He is not as good as Jim Kelly, but ... see above.

3. Ryan Fitzpatrick was a serviceable QB who could win some games and who was better than anyone the Bills had since Jim Kelly retired. Orton is better. Let's be happy for Fitz that he's still employed and gets to play sometimes, and be glad we've got Orton.

I would take Fitz over any QB we've had since Kelly.

Flutie won a lot of games for us and was exciting but he did not give us what Fitz did. Bledsoe is easily one of the better QB's of his era but I don't think he gave us what he could have. Fitz gave us his all and was the reason we won. He did not have much to work with but that didn't slow him down or make him try any less.

For example, maxing out at 6 win seasons?

Maybe because they are not as alike as you may think . Fitz has never finished a season where he has won more than he has loss .. I dont know why you believe that something like that does not matter when you are trying win games .

This BS win loss record. Unless you're One of the top Qbs, you aren't affecting W-L records. Orton's best W-L record was his first year and he was thought of as the weak link on those Bears time.

FItz has threw for more tds in a season than Irton ever has. FItz QB rating is 78. Orton is 81.

I'm not one trashing Fitz. But people aren't consistent. We got a better armed, less mobile Fitz.

START losing? They are 4-5 now. Without the defense scoring TDs they are 2-7.

Everyone except for a few stubborn/delusional Bills fans knows that Fitzpatrick belongs on the bench and is NOT a quality starting QB that will lead a team anywhere

So we're making up records now? So Orton is 1-3 without the defense and the Lions kicker.

I respect guys like Fitz and Orton. They are professional Qbs. But no fanbase is thrilled with them being their starting Qbs. You should want more. But just like with Fitz, we're in the honeymoon stage.

And Mallet sucks.

For example, maxing out at 6 win seasons?

Again, it's a team game. Our defenses when we had Fitz were terrible.

We love Orton now and act like he is a God for putting up 22 points against NE. Fitz helped put up 30+ points against them and lost. But somehow, he is the one at fault.

People who want to defend Fitzpatrick need to "explain" and tell us to ignore our lying eyes.

I just need to say: scoreboard. Fitz is a career journeyman who belongs on the bench.

Yeah, he tries really, really hard and he's a nice guy.

You could just as easily sub the word Orton in for Fitz.

But Fitz isn't a Bill anymore so he sucks! Orton rules (until he struggles and then he sucks!).

This BS win loss record. Unless you're One of the top Qbs, you aren't affecting W-L records. Orton's best W-L record was his first year and he was thought of as the weak link on those Bears time.

FItz has threw for more tds in a season than Irton ever has. FItz QB rating is 78. Orton is 81.

I'm not one trashing Fitz. But people aren't consistent. We got a better armed, less mobile Fitz.

So a w-l record is BS you just make this stuff up easy you go along ? Only qbs you choose affect win loss record ? Im guessing we are to believe that Orton didn't make a difference in us winning these last few games games over our previous qb ? Nevermind that we have quotes from players and others on the difference orton has made but hey because it doesn't fit your argument that Orton hand Fitz are no different or that Orton is only slightly better than EJ well than you just leave that out .

Fitz over the seasons has gone

0-3,

4-7-1 ,

4-4

4-9

6-10

3-6

3-6

4-5

Yeah you just keep trying to convince yourself that Orton and fitz are the same

if someone has a crappy arm does anything else matter? plenty of QBs with big arms and pea brains go far. One of them named Bradshaw has 4 rings. Saying a guy has a crappy arm but can still be a good QB, is like saying a guy with poor aim can still be good at darts, soneone who doesnt consistently hit the pocket can be a good bowler, a kicker with a bad leg can still be a good field goal kicker, etc etc

Edited by JTSP

So a w-l record is BS you just make this stuff up easy you go along ? Only qbs you choose affect win loss record ? Im guessing we are to believe that Orton didn't make a difference in us winning these last few games games over our previous qb ? Nevermind that we have quotes from players and others on the difference orton has made but hey because it doesn't fit your argument that Orton hand Fitz are no different or that Orton is only slightly better than EJ well than you just leave that out .

Fitz over the seasons has gone

0-3,

4-7-1 ,

4-4

4-9

6-10

3-6

3-6

4-5

Yeah you just keep trying to convince yourself that Orton and fitz are the same

You're right. The reason the Bears went 10-5 under Orton as a rookie is because of his 9 tds, 13 ints and 59 qb rating. He carried that team.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OrtoKy00.htm?mobile=false

But keep thinking Alex Smith is as good as Drew Brees because he has a good W-L record.

Orton has had basically the same career as Fitz. Personally, I respect that. But I don't want either starting for the Bills long term.

You're right. The reason the Bears went 10-5 under Orton as a rookie is because of his 9 tds, 13 ints and 59 qb rating. He carried that team.

http://www.pro-footb...tm?mobile=false

But keep thinking Alex Smith is as good as Drew Brees because he has a good W-L record.

Orton has had basically the same career as Fitz. Personally, I respect that. But I don't want either starting for the Bills long term.

Again you are backtracking and falling into the abyss

What does Alex Smith have to do with Drew Brees no one is comparing them and it would be stupid to do as statistically they are not n the same universe .

You said Orton and Fitz are alike because they have been on 5 teams ? They both have probably been to hawaii how does that make them alike ?

No matter how you try and detract from it THE FACTS are that one QB seems to end up winning and one seems to end up losing is that not the most important stat of all and the one a team that has not been to playoffs in 15 years should care most about ?