1World Trade Center Open For Business

Tiberius

Unlike Chris Rock, I would have no problem visiting there. But, I would not want to work there. I would feel like a sitting duck.

They had a still shot of Chris Rock standing on the observation deck of the GE Building, which is one of the other tallest buildings in NYC. That was his schtick. That was the best monologue I've seen in years because he "went there".

They had a still shot of Chris Rock standing on the observation deck of the GE Building, which is one of the other tallest buildings in NYC. That was his schtick. That was the best monologue I've seen in years because he "went there".

Absolutely. And that's what great comics are supposed to do: challenge the uncomfortable. At least in my opinion.

I didn't know people were complaining... that's hilarious if they are.

I heard on the radio this morning that he's getting a lot of criticism for it.

So far, it seems to all track back to six geniuses on twitter who think "9/11" should be a sacred and sacrosanct term, and believe Rock's monologue was a direct insult to the very concept of the "Patriots Day" holiday (yes, September 11th is a national holiday called "Patriots Day," if you didn't know.)

Personally...I just thought his pacing was off, like he was trying new material he hadn't rehearsed much. Good raw material, but a clumsy bit overall.

I heard on the radio this morning that he's getting a lot of criticism for it.

So far, it seems to all track back to six geniuses on twitter who think "9/11" should be a sacred and sacrosanct term, and believe Rock's monologue was a direct insult to the very concept of the "Patriots Day" holiday (yes, September 11th is a national holiday called "Patriots Day," if you didn't know.)

Personally...I just thought his pacing was off, like he was trying new material he hadn't rehearsed much. Good raw material, but a clumsy bit overall.

That's nuts, and makes me like the set even more now. :lol:

I definitely hear what you're saying about not having rehearsed it much, I wonder if it had to due with the fact he hasn't rehearsed the clean version of that bit before. Completely speculating of course, but working clean can be tough.