5-3 AFC Teams

qblax16

I mean mid-way through the season you control your own destiny in almost all scenarios, but I love how our's looks...

4 teams in the AFC at 5-3, and you can say all of them are 'over-achieving' 5-3.

Bills, Chiefs, Dolphins, and Browns.

We play all other 5-3 teams in the next 4 weeks (with the jets sprinkled in for some fun!). What a better way to look at it and say we do our jobs and come out of there with wins, we start taking over all these tiebreaker scenarios, and make our way into the playoffs!!

(Also - Pats looked great yesterday, but they could come back down to earth, and if we did go on a good run we may be looking at a chance for the division at that point too!!)

Getting EXCITED!!! Wish I could be at the game this Sunday!!!! GO BILLS!

I'm thinking we need to win some of those tough games in December if we have any shot. I could easily see that New England game being the one that we need to win in order to get in. the good news is that we can totally control our destiny. All of the teams we are competing with to get in- you get to play them to prove that we are playoff material

Sort of agree with you other than the fact that the eyeball test is telling me we aren't a playoff team. Guess we'll find out during the next three weeks. If we can get through November at 3-1, we'll give ourselves a puncher's chance in December.

Shut it down, fellas. Bills don't pass this guy's eyeball test.

How in the hell did the Dolphins beat the Chargers 37-0!!!!???

I don't know, but if we beat the Dolphins 29-0 and they beat the Chargers 37-0, that means if we ever played the Chargers, we would win either 66-0 or 1073-0 (I always forget if you add or multiply)...oh wait...

And the Chargers were coming off a bye. That was the most shocking result of yesterday.

The threads said to root for the fish yesterday, but I think they are more of a threat than the Chargers. I know we already beat them and if we beat them in Miami they shouldn't be a factor, but there are some paths to 10-6 that feature a loss in Miami, and in most of those there is a risk of finishing tied and losing a secondary tie breaker to them which would be heart breaking.

I'm beginning to think that 10-6 won't win us a wild card in the AFC with the chargers having a wild card on us. I think we would need a 11-5 record, a 10-6 might win it. But I think this is just a bad year for the bills to be playoff caliber with everyone in the AFC being amazing

I don't know, but if we beat the Dolphins 29-0 and they beat the Chargers 37-0, that means if we ever played the Chargers, we would win either 66-0 or 1073-0 (I always forget if you add or multiply)...oh wait...

And the Chargers were coming off a bye. That was the most shocking result of yesterday.

The threads said to root for the fish yesterday, but I think they are more of a threat than the Chargers. I know we already beat them and if we beat them in Miami they shouldn't be a factor, but there are some paths to 10-6 that feature a loss in Miami, and in most of those there is a risk of finishing tied and losing a secondary tie breaker to them which would be heart breaking.

That is really scary, I know we beat them 3 in a row but still.. Honestly, I think we just match up well against Miami, lets just hope san diego didn't take the game seriously

We have to take care of business against the Jets and Miami. We HAVE to. Owning the divisional tiebreaker against Miami means an easier path to the wild card. I can't see the Browns being in the race down the stretch, but a win over them will take care of that tiebreaker, as with the Chiefs. So it's down to Baltimore/Pittsburgh/Cincy. We will have to wait and see how it plays out here. Baltimore's schedule is a cakewalk, Cincy and Pittsburgh still play each other twice.

But really, we just need to take care of our own business this month.

Miami has really turned a corner. Their defense is stout, and it seems like their offense is getting a hang of their new system.

It appears that way, but then what was their offense doing agaisnt Jacksonville?

Miami plays @Detroit, then us on Thuesday, then @Denver. In December they get Baltimore followed by @NE. Remember last year when they opened the season 3-0 and everyone was like "they have finally turned the corner" and then they promptly lost four games in a row? I am still not convinced Miami is for real, probably in the same way a lot of outsiders aren't convinced about us.

My excitement really comes from having the oppertunity to beat all the other surprise 5-3 teams which (barring any crazy turn of events such as losing to jets/raiders...) punches our ticket to the playoffs.

10-6 will get us in if we with next 4 games. (we'd have to go 1-3 in the following 4 which GB is winnable at home!)

Miami has really turned a corner. Their defense is stout, and it seems like their offense is getting a hang of their new system.

Good for them and I can't wait to crush them. They stuck with their young QB when everyone wanted him benched and he's improving. Still, Mario and company own him.

It appears that way, but then what was their offense doing agaisnt Jacksonville?

Miami plays @Detroit, then us on Thuesday, then @Denver. In December they get Baltimore followed by @NE. Remember last year when they opened the season 3-0 and everyone was like "they have finally turned the corner" and then they promptly lost four games in a row? I am still not convinced Miami is for real, probably in the same way a lot of outsiders aren't convinced about us.

simply awesome. Is that the day before or after mowensday?

I mean mid-way through the season you control your own destiny in almost all scenarios, but I love how our's looks...

4 teams in the AFC at 5-3, and you can say all of them are 'over-achieving' 5-3.

We play all other 5-3 teams in the next 4 weeks (with the jets sprinkled in for some fun!). What a better way to look at it and say we do our jobs and come out of there with wins, we start taking over all these tiebreaker scenarios, and make our way into the playoffs!!

(Also - Pats looked great yesterday, but they could come back down to earth, and if we did go on a good run we may be looking at a chance for the division at that point too!!)

Statistically, the Bills have a 23.6% chance of making the playoffs according to sportsclubstats. The chance of missing the playoffs is 76.4%. Remain calm and hope for the best.

We'll make it to the playoffs if we deserve to be in the playoffs. These next few weeks will be very interesting. Going 3-1 over the next quarter of the season would be a huge victory and put at the entrance to the postseason.

And at this point, there may be room for only one of them in the playoffs. AFC has 11 teams realistically in the playoff mix.

The pivotal game is this weekend against the Chiefs. Coming off of a bye, we should learn exactly what type of team we have going forward. The Chiefs defense lives and dies with Justin Houston getting pressure on opposing quarterbacks and disrupting opposing rushing attacks. The Bills simply cannot do what they did against the Patriots and not throw to wherever the better defenders happen to be. They need to take their shots down field, getting the ball to Sammy and Robert and let them make plays. If the defense doesn't get to Alex Smith with their front 4 (which they absolutely should), Sunday will be a long day.

The fish beat the Chargers because Rivers stunk. The Miami defense helped him stink but it was largely an individual effort. Also the SD defense was getting beat by ordinary players making ordinary plays, not by superstars making amazing plays. This was SD's third loss in a row. Something has come off the rails for the Chargers. Miami is looking good, no question, but they happened to hit a wounded opponent when their own game peaked. It happens.

Edited by Utah John

The Ravens are 5-4 and their remaining schedule isn't as hard as ours: Ten; @ NO; SD; @Mia; Jax; @Hou; Clev. I see them going 9-7 at absolute worst.

Man there are probably going to be a lot of 9-7 teams this year.

We're almost going to have to win 10 games to have a really good shot at it..