'Cuse Hoops 2014-15 - New York's College Team!!!

The Poojer

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for interjecting.

I'm awesome, handsome, smart, and doggone it, people like me

Hell yes, they do! You're a real Medicine Hat college basketball coach, you are.

Hehe; I am never right, so don't worry about this happenng again.

JK, gave me a chuckle.

Why isn't Fine back on SU's bench? I actually don't know.

But, my main point is that anybody here who was calling for the NCAA to come down hard on Penn State is a friggin hypocrite.

A legend, the AD, and the president were all fired IIRC. The perpetrator is in jail for the rest of his life. It was a criminal matter, and the NCAA should have had nothing to do with it.

If any of you were calling for the firings, and obviously everybody wanted Sandusky sent away forever - that's fine.........But, if you were crying for the death penalty or anything close to what they got (initially) - you're total hypocrites.

I'm fine with what's being said here. Bona, my school, went through a worse scandal and punishment, ending with the death of the Chairman of the Board. I was hoping for the least punishment possible, as well...........But, I wasn't on that PSU thread with any bloodlust.

I wasn't in that thread either. Mainly because I don't see the point of the sanctimonious announcement that I'm against child molestation. I mean I'd like to think that goes without saying.

But regardless, how desperate are you to create a false equivalency? We're talking about the NCAA investigation and you chime in with the completely unrelated "But....Bernie Fine....hypocrites!" - WTF? The Kardashians are less of an attention whore.

Edited by BuffOrange

I wasn't in that thread either. Mainly because I don't see the point of the sanctimonious announcement that I'm against child molestation. I mean I'd like to think that goes without saying.

But regardless, how desperate are you to create a false equivalency? We're talking about the NCAA investigation and you chime in with the completely unrelated "But....Bernie Fine....hypocrites!" - WTF? The Kardashians are less of an attention whore

Great conclusion. You made sense in the first paragraph and then go off the rails on the 2nd one. I'm talking about anybody who was calling for the NCAA to nail Penn State to the wall. It was sickening, and because of what you said - it was like a contest to claim who hated child molestation the worst. If you did that and now are pleading for SU to get the leniency, you are a hypocrite.

I guess anybody who notices this is an attention whore.

I have an SU degree - and I think Syracuse, NY with basketball is very much like State College, PA with football. Boeheim is Paterno. (Funny - when I was there, a lot of people wanted to get rid of him) But, a national championship in a place like that will get you never ending love.

If you did that and now are pleading for SU to get the leniency, you are a hypocrite.

It is a pretty big leap to find an association for hypocrisy in calling for a school to get stiff penalties for turning a blind eye to child molesting and suggesting a school got punished too severely for a student athlete not writing his own papers.

Not exactly sure how anyone could not see the difference between the two.

It is a pretty big leap to find an association for hypocrisy in calling for a school to get stiff penalties for turning a blind eye to child molesting and suggesting a school got punished too severely for a student athlete not writing his own papers.

Not exactly sure how anyone could not see the difference between the two.

As I said above, the legendary coach, the AD, and the president were all canned. Quickly, too. The perpetrator will be in prison the rest of his life.

It was a criminal matter, and it was dealt with severely on those terms.

It was not an NCAA matter. And, that's what I'm talking about. People on here saying "these were not the kids who did this. Why should they be punished?" Meanwhile, at Penn State, that coach hadn't even coached them - and hadn't for awhile. The incoming players who were given the punishment of never going to a bowl game - I bet most of them never even heard of Jerry Sandusky.

And, you guys are saying those exact words about who is being punished here.

In your words, Not exactly sure how anyone could not see the difference parallels between the two.

Again, I'm not saying those who thought Paterno, etc. should get fired, and of course, we all wanted Sandusky tarred and feathered. I'm talking about those screaming Death Penalty, etc.

As I said above, the legendary coach, the AD, and the president were all canned. Quickly, too. The perpetrator will be in prison the rest of his life.

It was a criminal matter, and it was dealt with severely on those terms.

It was not an NCAA matter. And, that's what I'm talking about. People on here saying "these were not the kids who did this. Why should they be punished?" Meanwhile, at Penn State, that coach hadn't even coached them - and hadn't for awhile. The incoming players who were given the punishment of never going to a bowl game - I bet most of them never even heard of Jerry Sandusky.

And, you guys are saying those exact words about who is being punished here.

In your words, Not exactly sure how anyone could not see the difference parallels between the two.

Again, I'm not saying those who thought Paterno, etc. should get fired, and of course, we all wanted Sandusky tarred and feathered. I'm talking about those screaming Death Penalty, etc.

With all due respect, I think you need to start your own thread. Two completely different situations. I get your point, but I don't think it's relevant here. JMHO.

Another alternative would be if people quit responding to it. So, I don't have to explain myself yet again. The PSU thread pissed me off because it was the biggest witch hunt ever. This is the anti-witch hunt.

I'm pretty sure this isn't the place to put this but the selling zone is dead especially in the off season. I have 2 tickets to Friday nights games and won't be able to make it. They are good seats Section 114 Row B and all I want to do is recoup my investment. There are $92.50 face with minor fees and that is what I am asking for. So 178 for the pair. If interested feel free to private message me I am local to Syracuse so it wouldn't be a big deal to meet somewhere. I am hopeful to be able to make Sunday's game but if somebody wanted those I would be willing to part with all of them as a package again simply for cost.

Mods I'm sorry but please let this stand. Some very personal issues arose that preclude me from going. If you would like further explanation I can answer in pm but don't want to air my business on this thread.

I guess I get what you're saying. The NCAA punishments, especially those affecting future students, didn't exactly make sense. Maybe the NCAA didn't need to get involved but PSU as an institution needed some kind of punishment for allowing something like that to happen.

I don't think I posted or even read any of the PSU thread so I'm not sure who exactly is flip-flopping but I think probably everyone can agree that how the NCAA governs a lot of their rules and doles out their punishment rarely makes much sense at all.

I guess I get what you're saying. The NCAA punishments, especially those affecting future students, didn't exactly make sense. Maybe the NCAA didn't need to get involved but PSU as an institution needed some kind of punishment for allowing something like that to happen.

I don't think I posted or even read any of the PSU thread so I'm not sure who exactly is flip-flopping but I think probably everyone can agree that how the NCAA governs a lot of their rules and doles out their punishment rarely makes much sense at all.

He's not sure either. He just made the assumption that hypocrisy was afoot and ran with it. Pretty worthless contributions to this thread.

In other news, BJ Johnson is transferring to La Salle. He really started to come on at the end of the year when finally given the chance. I wish him success in his hometown.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=12545357&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F%22%7D

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Might have to go check out a couple lasalle games in a couple years, throw him some support. I hope Buss lands on his feet somewhere as well.

BJ Johnson is transferring to La Salle. He really started to come on at the end of the year when finally given the chance. I wish success in his hometown.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=12545357&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F%22%7D

Might have to go check out a couple lasalle games in a couple years, throw him some support. I hope Buss lands on his feet somewhere as well.

I can't find where I saw it, but I read that Indiana and Butler are two likely landing spots for Buss. I just hope that wherever he goes, he gets decent minutes. I'd like to see what he's got as I've always liked what I saw when he did play. Excellent movement without the ball and a good passer.

didn't he transfer to SU from Indiana? That would be interesting...Butler would be a great landing spot for him, or for anyone really. Such a good program. Work on his shot and he should get some good minutes.

I can't find where I saw it, but I read that Indiana and Butler are two likely landing spots for Buss. I just hope that wherever he goes, he gets decent minutes. I'd like to see what he's got as I've always liked what I saw when he did play. Excellent movement without the ball and a good passer.

didn't he transfer to SU from Indiana? That would be interesting...Butler would be a great landing spot for him, or for anyone really. Such a good program. Work on his shot and he should get some good minutes.

He originally committed to Indiana but something happened where he couldn't go there I believe and he transferred to SU before ever playing there.

He originally committed to Indiana but something happened where he couldn't go there I believe and he transferred to SU before ever playing there.

Yeah, allegedly Tom Crean decided Patterson's scholarship would be better utilized on another recruit. Totally screwed him over at the time, and cited some bogus academic issues. I'm actually surprised that he is considering Indiana.

Yeah, allegedly Tom Crean decided Patterson's scholarship would be better utilized on another recruit. Totally screwed him over at the time, and cited some bogus academic issues. I'm actually surprised that he is considering Indiana.

There's something very slimy about Crean to me. Don't have really any reason why, just a feeling I get when seeing him coaching and in interviews.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall