'Cuse Hoops 2014-15 - New York's College Team!!!

The Poojer

He's not sure either. He just made the assumption that hypocrisy was afoot and ran with it. Pretty worthless contributions to this thread.

Yeah, unless you're one of the SU sick of pants, it's worthless..........Doesn't sound like State College at all.

Poojer said right away, and I remember it, that he was on that PSU thread. I am betting he wasn't the only one.

I guess I get what you're saying. The NCAA punishments, especially those affecting future students, didn't exactly make sense. Maybe the NCAA didn't need to get involved but PSU as an institution needed some kind of punishment for allowing something like that to happen.

I don't think I posted or even read any of the PSU thread so I'm not sure who exactly is flip-flopping but I think probably everyone can agree that how the NCAA governs a lot of their rules and doles out their punishment rarely makes much sense at all.

Yes, I'm talking about the people screaming for the ones who weren't involved to be punished - the fans, students, players, etc. at PSU. I'm seeing the same argument being made here.

And, I would like to see more punishment of the actual perpetrators. The Pete Carroll's of the world do the deed, and then split town right ahead of the posse, and then the fans, players, etc. who are left are dealt the punishment.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, I was there in full force, can't remember if i was calling for the non-participants heads(ie, players), but definitely the staff associated, I did however soften my stance after a while, even against Paterno because of the whole mess that was going on, but I am going to drop it for now.

To your second point, couldn't agree more, and lets not leave the likes of John Calipari and Eddie Sutton out of the conversation

Poojer said right away, and I remember it, that he was on that PSU thread. I am betting he wasn't the only one.

And, I would like to see more punishment of the actual perpetrators. The Pete Carroll's of the world do the deed, and then split town right ahead of the posse, and then the fans, players, etc. who are left are dealt the punishment.

Yeah, unless you're one of the SU sick of pants, it's worthless..........Doesn't sound like State College at all.

Still worthless in my mind, especially since the only person you know that did what you're saying admitted it. He also said that he softened his stance.

FTR, I thought Penn State got what they deserved. Sure, it sucked for the kids that they couldn't play in a Bowl game or had to choose another school to go to, but those are the breaks. Since you're also too lazy to actually see for yourself if anyone in this thread was a hypocrite, I'll just let you know that I think Syracuse got what they deserved. Again, sucks for the kids, but life is not always fair.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I agree that he is undersized and didn't have the opportunity to show much on the court. That said, if he's even being told he'll be a late first round pick, it's tough to turn down around $1.9M (lowest first round salary) guaranteed over the next two seasons.

If he comes back and plays poorly or, God forbid, gets injured again, he'll likely never get the chance to make that kind of life changing money again. It's too bad the kids aren't allowed to come back if not drafted.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

FWIW, my "source" tells me that they have pretty much moved on from Thomas Bryant. It is felt that he will go to Indiana...maybe Kentucky as a surprise. They are now devoting much of their recruiting resources on 2016 G Tyus "kid mamba" Battle. Sucks. Hopefully DC2 will be ready and Chino will have improved. Losing McCullough would be devastating.

I agree that he is undersized and didn't have the opportunity to show much on the court. That said, if he's even being told he'll be a late first round pick, it's tough to turn down around $1.9M (lowest first round salary) guaranteed over the next two seasons.

If he comes back and plays poorly or, God forbid, gets injured again, he'll likely never get the chance to make that kind of life changing money again. It's too bad the kids aren't allowed to come back if not drafted.

As much as I hate this, I completely get it.

I have heard he won't be playing for Syracuse again, or anyone for that matter due to his lingering injury...hopefully this isn't true, and while my 'source' isn't an insider like yours appears to be, he certainly would know people that know things...i really hope it's not true

FWIW, my "source" tells me that they have pretty much moved on from Thomas Bryant. It is felt that he will go to Indiana...maybe Kentucky as a surprise. They are now devoting much of their recruiting resources on 2016 G Tyus "kid mamba" Battle. Sucks. Hopefully DC2 will be ready and Chino will have improved. Losing McCullough would be devastating.

As much as I hate this, I completely get it.

I have heard he won't be playing for Syracuse again, or anyone for that matter due to his lingering injury...hopefully this isn't true, and while my 'source' isn't an insider like yours appears to be, he certainly would know people that know things...i really hope it's not true

I've heard that a few times as well.

Jeez!! So if this turns out to be true, AND McCullough decides to declare, we are going to be in big, big trouble next season. They need to bring Bernie back to work with Chino!!

Apparently, Malachi Richardson trying to influence Thomas Bryant's decision at the McDonalds AA game.

https://twitter.com/syracusebball/status/583256400698195968

It's good that he's trying, but I'm still going to assume Bryant isn't going to come here. I was disappointed when Noel was deciding on schools because I bought into Michael Carter Williams' influence.