'Cuse Hoops 2014-15 - New York's College Team!!!

The Poojer

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely going to need a center with DC2's future as uncertain as it is right now. I can't imagine having Chino starting at the 5.

You even mentioning Chino starting is terrifying.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Can we even fit him in at this point?

Tyus Battle, 2016 5 star guard, has re-opened his recruitment and is visiting Syracuse this weekend. Gave his verbal to Michigan a month ago. Keep your fingers crossed!!

Battle was spotted, along with Mike Hopkins and other Cuse players, at Destiny USA tonight. I am hearing that he had a change of heart due to wanting to be closer to home (from NJ). Also, I am hearing that this will be his last official visit before he makes his final decision (has visited Duke and Michigan). Unfortunately, I am also hearing that Duke is still very much in play.

F5!!!!

Expect to hear something, either way, by Monday. Go Cuse!!

Edit: Also learned that even if Cuse lands Battle they will still have 1 scholarship remaining for 2016 class.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Hopefully he stays out of Lord and taylor.

Battle was spotted, along with Mike Hopkins and other Cuse players, at Destiny USA tonight. I am hearing that he had a change of heart due to wanting to be closer to home (from NJ). Also, I am hearing that this will be his last official visit before he makes his final decision (has visited Duke and Michigan). Unfortunately, I am also hearing that Duke is still very much in play.

F5!!!!

Expect to hear something, either way, by Monday. Go Cuse!!

Edit: Also learned that even if Cuse lands Battle they will still have 1 scholarship remaining for 2016 class.

It looks like the Battle camp is taking more time to decide than previously expected. It seems like it's now between Syracuse and Duke, as rumor has it that Coach K has made a strong push here in the past couple days. There are also reports that Tyus changed his mind, and is considering using his final official visit on either UCONN or Kentucky. We'll see what unfolds in the next few days. If I get any information at all I will be sure to pass it along.

Go Cuse!!

It looks like the Battle camp is taking more time to decide than previously expected. It seems like it's now between Syracuse and Duke, as rumor has it that Coach K has made a strong push here in the past couple days. There are also reports that Tyus changed his mind, and is considering using his final official visit on either UCONN or Kentucky. We'll see what unfolds in the next few days. If I get any information at all I will be sure to pass it along.

Go Cuse!!

This kid is really all over the place.

It's funny too-- because I am sure if he picked any of these schools, he would have a good experience and do well to positionm himself for the NBA. They are probably really over-thinking it.

This kid is really all over the place.

It's funny too-- because I am sure if he picked any of these schools, he would have a good experience and do well to positionm himself for the NBA. They are probably really over-thinking it.

IMO, I don't think he's overthinking it at all. It is the biggest decision of his life. For some reason, he's no longer going to Michigan. It could be nothing and he just changed his mind. It could be also be something where his home situation got worse and they need money. Kentucky would instantly become a better fit. I hope he makes the best decision for his future. I also hope he sees orange in that future.

IMO, I don't think he's overthinking it at all. It is the biggest decision of his life. For some reason, he's no longer going to Michigan. It could be nothing and he just changed his mind. It could be also be something where his home situation got worse and they need money. Kentucky would instantly become a better fit. I hope he makes the best decision for his future. I also hope he sees orange in that future.

Yeah, you might be right.

I just feel that sometimes you tend to overthink things when all the options are good ones. I don't think he can make a bad choice here.

I totally understand why he might be taking his time. Especially after de-committing from UM, he needs to be really careful about his choice. My only concern if he goes elsewhere, however, is the message this is sending to the other 2016 guards (i.e., Kobi Simmons) that Syracuse is recruiting. No one wants to be second choice.

This could really hurt recruiting if it falls through, IMO.

Yeah, you might be right.

I just feel that sometimes you tend to overthink things when all the options are good ones. I don't think he can make a bad choice here.

I totally understand why he might be taking his time. Especially after de-committing from UM, he needs to be really careful about his choice. My only concern if he goes elsewhere, however, is the message this is sending to the other 2016 guards (i.e., Kobi Simmons) that Syracuse is recruiting. No one wants to be second choice.

This could really hurt recruiting if it falls through, IMO.

You both make solid points. Let's hope he decides on Cuse.