'Cuse Hoops 2014-15 - New York's College Team!!!

The Poojer

Buddy of mine who knows EVERYONE in Syracuse says he's hearing that Coleman won't be playing anymore. Hope that isn't true.

Hard to miss a guy that never played

Edited by inkman

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NC state fans cat calls of JB over NCAA ruling, classless act, as I remember they had their own suspension in the past to deal with

ACC has had it's share of dirty programs in the past, must be some fans of the conference have blackout memories

in their defense, there seemed to be a pretty loud ovation when Christmas went out of the game. I thought that was pretty classy

NC state fans cat calls of JB over NCAA ruling, classless act, as I remember they had their own suspension in the past to deal with

ACC has had it's share of dirty programs in the past, must be some fans of the conference have blackout memories

The announcers said something similar, but they were more referring to why put that kind of news in the players heads on their last day. Announce it Monday. The NCAA is an awful group

Probably what the ncaa intended. They couldn't have released the report today instead? They wanted JB to be heckled.

Poojer, awful group, ok, but I would say as a whole they are "selective" punishers, especially if your trying to embarrass a iconic College BB coaching legend. I hope JB doesn't quit or gets fired and comes back next year and Cuse defies the odds and wins it all

*update, JB stated last night , that he has been at Cuse since 1962 and "I am not going anywhere", which makes this Cuse fan, very, very happy, look out NCAA JB going to get ya

Edited by rumblefish

thanks, Poojer, Oliver was spot on, which shows just how FU NCAA really is , and to think most American's think what they are doing is the right thing to do, best for business, in any place but America, college players would be considered indentured servants , as for the championship, I can see SMU going to sweet 16,

Edited by rumblefish

John Oliver for the win!!!

That was spot on. Wow.

It makes me sick that Rak didn't get the opportunity to play in the post season. NCAA or NIT. Players, who had NOTHING to do with the violations, should not be punished. Fine the universities all you want. I'm sure they can afford it.

Curious about why 3 years...i can't imagine the 1,000 wins, all time winningest coach etc is really all that important to him, but maybe he has an ego like the rest of us. perhaps he has recruited players that are 3 years out and he wants to show commitment to them...i really thought he would pack it in after next year and go play golf. I hope Hopkins is ok with that timeframe

Curious about why 3 years...i can't imagine the 1,000 wins, all time winningest coach etc is really all that important to him, but maybe he has an ego like the rest of us. perhaps he has recruited players that are 3 years out and he wants to show commitment to them...i really thought he would pack it in after next year and go play golf. I hope Hopkins is ok with that timeframe

I question the motivation as well. The link says that he doesn't want to just leave the program without them having had time to plan which I believe is partially true. Part of me does think that it could be an ego thing. He might expect to get some wins back and that he might have a chance at 1000 still.

I wonder if Hopkins could get the shaft for being a major part of the staff while the infractions were happening. I doubt it, but could see them wanting to distance themselves from it.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall