'Cuse Hoops 2014-15 - New York's College Team!!!

The Poojer

I have no problem with Virginia's style of play, it's not too different from ours. I can't believe they were able to make such a drastic shift in game stragegy...how do you go 15 minutes with just 2 points then all of a sudden have that kind of burst. We got out rebounded on the offensive glass. alot of standing around on defense. poor shooting once again. I think a team like UVA is built for the tournament. I hope they lose early, but I see them advancing. Kentucky on the other hand, i don't see them getting past the round of 8

Might be sour grapes by us and you could be right. But I do think historically teams with the makeup of UVA don't go far in the tourney. You need great guard play and offensive firepower, not physical defense and grinders on offense . It's why Pitt, for example, never goes far in the tourney.

Anyway, rough loss for syracuse. I really thought they could beat them.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F Duke

!@#$ duke

F@$% Virginia. I hope they get upset in the first round of the tourney. If there has ever been any doubt that the shot clock needs to be lowered in college, watching Virginia play should eliminate it.

Yes eff Duke. Disagree on UVA though. Perrantes is so cool calm and collected, love his game:

I see uva as a final 4 team.

Cuse not getting a chance at another 20 win season sucks, as for the big dance, I would like to see Cinderella win the ball this year

so with that who is this years Cinderella, don't know right now but who ever it is I will pull for them

Interesting BJ Johnson getting the start over Joseph. Did Joseph even see the floor last night? Bold move by JB at the end of the season.

I see Kentucky, Duke, Nova and Virginia as the best 4 teams in college basketball, BTW. I got duke winning it all.

Lots of very strong 2-4 seeds, IMO. Notre Dame, Maryland, Gonzaga, Wisconsin, Arizona, Kansas, Wichita, etc...

It's going to be a fun tournament to watch :thumbsup:

Big VCU fan here, love shaka smart, but he's one of those on the court coaches that i hate, but I give him a pass because i am a fan. Losing Briante Weber really hurt their chances. Losing back to back against richmond and dayton didn't help either....GO RAMS

With Cuse out, I'm hoping VCU gets in. I love watching their games. Shaka Smart gets those kids to buy in to his system really well and it is fun to watch their Havoc defense.

just got done reading JB post game comments after the UVA game, JB being JB, was tongue in cheek with is famous sarcasm ,his comment about wondering how Cuse won 18 games was priceless, yet posters were all over the comments saying that he needed to play other then the zone to win, sadly some of these folks don't understand that the 2-3 zone is why JB has 900+ wins and only 3 sub 20 game winning seasons, I have enjoyed JB's wit and style for all of the time he has been at Cuse, mark my words Cuse will be back, and so will the zone, and I can't be alone in this view seeing Cuse has the highest home attendance again this year

uh oh...otto the orange twitter account just posted that rumor on the hill is post season ban next year as well...that would be devastating...and ridiculous. and i really feel Boeheim knows already what is going to be announced and would have let Chris Mc know before he committed to next year

Edited by The Poojer

uh oh...otto the orange twitter account just posted that rumor on the hill is post season ban next year as well...that would be devastating...and ridiculous. and i really feel Boeheim knows already what is going to be announced and would have let Chris Mc know before he committed to next year

Ouch, I really hope that's not true.

If it is, that will spell the end of my interest in the Orange and all things NCAA. I'm hugely pissed about how unfair all this is to the fans and to current players who get punished for the misdeeds of others that occured when they were in middle school.

OUCH

waiting for clarification on ban for next year...no one else is bringing it up

ok, the line about a ban for next year has been removed...still pretty significant

http://www.syracuse.com/orangesports/index.ssf/2015/03/ncaa_penalizes_syracuse_basketball_for_rules_violations.html?hootPostID=a6d55f718596811d887c2626a12af334

Edited by The Poojer

So who doesn't come back?

BJ

Kaleb

Ron

Chino

I don't believe this affects scholarships already offered for 2015, but Syracuse is still heavily involved in recruiting Thomas Bryant. Problem is they have no scholarships left. If Bryant commits, I suspect Ron Patterson transfers. I don't think Chino transfers due to our lack of big men. BJ Johnson seemed to turn it up at the end of the season. Maybe KJ is a surprise transfer candidate.

I don't believe this affects scholarships already offered for 2015, but Syracuse is still heavily involved in recruiting Thomas Bryant. Problem is they have no scholarships left. If Bryant commits, I suspect Ron Patterson transfers. I don't think Chino transfers due to our lack of big men. BJ Johnson seemed to turn it up at the end of the season. Maybe KJ is a surprise transfer candidate.

Good points. I also completely forgot that Rak comes off the books. :doh:

Work at my office has come to a standstill because of this.